STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollRFELCTIONS - Chat Thread...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice house

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 637001 times)

Offline jinky

Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3885 on: March 12, 2020, 11:51:00 AM »
why cant i upload any pictures

Cos you`re way over the limit - see other post

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3886 on: March 13, 2020, 05:51:10 PM »
My trip to Morocco has had to be cancelled. Any passenger transport between Spain and Morocco has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Gutted is an understatement.   :'(
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #3887 on: March 13, 2020, 08:58:45 PM »
That`s hard luck. Everywhere the borders are closing. Worried about my youngest daughter`s job in the airline industry just now and the restaurants, bars , clubs etc. Harsh to say it but with no vaccine in sight for months you do wonder whether it`s best to hit it full on and try to get the herd immunity sooner rather than later.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3888 on: March 13, 2020, 10:57:13 PM »
That`s hard luck. Everywhere the borders are closing. Worried about my youngest daughter`s job in the airline industry just now and the restaurants, bars , clubs etc. Harsh to say it but with no vaccine in sight for months you do wonder whether it`s best to hit it full on and try to get the herd immunity sooner rather than later.

I may be wrong but herd immunity is perhaps a matter of evolution that occurs over the span of time as the virus mutates, rather than being over the number of cases occurring during the early days of an outbreak per say.
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline jinky

« Reply #3889 on: March 14, 2020, 09:43:04 AM »
Yes I`ve no idea really Andy  just talking through my a@*# like so many do on social media. Panic and talking bullshit is even more infectious than the virus it seems  ;D

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3890 on: March 14, 2020, 03:03:46 PM »
The whole panic buying thing is ridiculous. A bit like the Christmas panic buying, it drives me a bit mad.
Wise to take sensible precautions but don't go over the top with stuff.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3891 on: March 14, 2020, 03:09:12 PM »
My trip to Morocco has had to be cancelled. Any passenger transport between Spain and Morocco has been cancelled for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to hear this. Horrible when you save and build up for something only for it suddenly get taken away from you. Hopefully its something you can enjoy in due course.

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3892 on: March 14, 2020, 08:52:40 PM »

There is a vaccine been prepared now and could be released within a month or so.  :tup:

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3893 on: March 15, 2020, 07:13:17 AM »

Sorry to hear this. Horrible when you save and build up for something only for it suddenly get taken away from you. Hopefully its something you can enjoy in due course.

Yes its a pain in the arris! Just trying to sort the ferries out and either cancel them or move the dates. But we have rescheduled to easter 2021 - and we are going to do the NC500 around Scotland this year instead for 7/10 days.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3894 on: March 15, 2020, 07:48:14 AM »
That sounds great and nice to have something to look forward to.

Chris

Offline jinky

« Reply #3895 on: March 15, 2020, 12:48:23 PM »

Yes its a pain in the arris! Just trying to sort the ferries out and either cancel them or move the dates. But we have rescheduled to easter 2021 - and we are going to do the NC500 around Scotland this year instead for 7/10 days.
I want to do the 500 sometime too. Thinking about May depending on how things go and whether there is availability to stay as it gets busy and lack of overseas options will make it harder!

Offline jinky

« Reply #3896 on: March 15, 2020, 12:49:09 PM »

There is a vaccine been prepared now and could be released within a month or so.  :tup:
I`ve read end of the year at earliest as they need to clear hurdles for human testing

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3897 on: March 15, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »

I want to do the 500 sometime too. Thinking about May depending on how things go and whether there is availability to stay as it gets busy and lack of overseas options will make it harder!

We are going in Land Rovers and are carrying rood tents so are self sufficient in that regard - planning to wild camp of some nights too. Should also be very dark at night and if its clear should be some good stars to see.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3898 on: March 17, 2020, 05:55:33 AM »
And now Scotland is looking unlikely. ??
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #3899 on: March 17, 2020, 04:04:23 PM »
PM still too vague. My daughter has her first day back at work after a year of maternity leave working in a new area. The nursery call saying she must collect 2 children as one of them coughed. No temperature, not persistent and a child who  throughout her 2 years at nursery has been known to  have coughs and treatment for asthma etc. So now to follow government advice she and her husband have to isolate the family for 2 weeks according to nursery who will not take the children even if not coughing tomorrow. Initially we were on our way to pick them up but my daughter said we`d have to self isolate with them if we did so so turned us back. The whole thing is crazy. I sometimes wonder if we`d have been best just letting the virus hit us full on. What sense is there in delaying it when there is still no vaccine likely for months. My other daughter meantime works for an airline, Jet2 who have been very good with customers in cancelling holidays / flights / getting them back. I hope they are able to be so good to staff but fear that she`ll be sent on unpaid leave anytime now as BA and others have already done.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 108/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 162/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 209/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx RFELCTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 53/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 251/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 263/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 637001/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM