Water PollPOLL - Out on the StreetWATER - Weekly Comp - Ent...Black and White - ENTRY t...Black and White - CHAT th...WATER - Weekly Comp - CHA...Out on the Street - Weekl...Out on the Street - Weekl...Deal Alert Thread.CENTRAL COMPOSITION - POL...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - CHA...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - ENT...Competitive PollPOLL - LOCALCOMPETITIVE - ENTRIES 27t...Local - Weekly Comp - Cha...

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 574791 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3780 on: September 29, 2018, 08:38:06 PM »
It's kind of been sorted Chris - she has been allowed to submit her answers on paper - technology eh?

UCAS appllication is in - fingers crossed now until possibly the end of May next year which is the last date that the Unis can offer or decline :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3781 on: September 29, 2018, 09:04:14 PM »
Technology is great when it’s working, but a huge headache when it’s not.
Hopefully everything will work out.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3782 on: October 03, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »
All's well and all that. Less than 48 hours after daughter put her UCAS application in she has had an offer from one of her top two choices - it's a conditional offer but with a low bar. To say she is excited is the understatement of the year.  :dance:

The world of STEM will next year have an undergraduate studying for her masters is physics and astrophysics. Bazinga!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3783 on: October 03, 2018, 08:47:46 AM »
It's a great time to be doing Physics as a lot of exciting research is going on.  :tup:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3784 on: October 03, 2018, 06:41:39 PM »
All's well and all that. Less than 48 hours after daughter put her UCAS application in she has had an offer from one of her top two choices - it's a conditional offer but with a low bar. To say she is excited is the understatement of the year.  :dance:

The world of STEM will next year have an undergraduate studying for her masters is physics and astrophysics. Bazinga!

Good stuff. She has clearly done very well.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3785 on: October 04, 2018, 08:10:58 AM »
 :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3786 on: October 15, 2018, 08:31:18 AM »
Our boiler. Keeps refusing to fire up. The flame detector is not detecting. Give it a clean and it will generally work - but this time it seems to be refusing. The only good this is that it wasn't last week when I was in the USA. Got the plumber coming out again this evening to have a look.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3787 on: October 20, 2018, 09:20:10 PM »
I ordered a variable ND filter from amazon. But a circular polariser arrived today. Now I have to take it back to the post office to send it back. Not amused.

Chris

Offline Simple

« Reply #3788 on: October 21, 2018, 09:32:18 AM »
I played around with one for a while. I was not impressed. It left a visible pattern on the picture with small apertures. Let me know if you have more success. I gave mine away as being useless. Cannot remember what make it was.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3789 on: October 21, 2018, 10:13:39 AM »
I din't know such a thing existed. So now I've ordered a Fotga to have a play with. Less than a tenner and they have some good reviews (and some bad ones) on Youtube. Got to be worth a punt.

Allegedly the Haida ones are very good, and if I have some fun with the cheapy I might upgrade to one of them.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:19:49 AM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Simple

« Reply #3790 on: October 21, 2018, 10:40:32 AM »
Let me know how you get on Howard. The idea is superb, but the cheap one did not work for me. Never did dare to spend more.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3791 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
Let me know how you get on Howard. The idea is superb, but the cheap one did not work for me. Never did dare to spend more.

Of course, it'll be a few weeks, Chinapost you know.

Just found Typhoto - US company and the ND steps are by click stops which means, in theory, it's easy to avoid the dark cross pattern from getting the filter in between stops. Not the cheapest but free international shipping and should be below customs threshold.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Simple

« Reply #3792 on: October 21, 2018, 11:16:07 AM »
Good find! Never seen a stepped one. I am tempted myself again for that price.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3793 on: October 21, 2018, 03:58:11 PM »

If you get one, do tell. I'm going to play with the Fotga to see if I like the principle - should be OK to get an idea of how to use the things.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #3794 on: October 21, 2018, 05:49:43 PM »

If you get one, do tell. I'm going to play with the Fotga to see if I like the principle - should be OK to get an idea of how to use the things.

I bought one of the following a few years ago, gave some horrid colour tints throught the range
https://www.7dayshop.com/products/hama-variable-adjustable-neutral-density-lens-filter-nd1-to-nd8-52mm-wh2-79152
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Water Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 104/0 jinky Last post February 25, 2020, 09:21:38 AM
xx POLL - Out on the Street International Weekly Comp Entries 333/7 Jediboy Last post February 24, 2020, 06:06:15 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - Entry Thread International Weekly Comp Entries 221/4 Oldboy Last post February 23, 2020, 10:32:24 PM
xx Black and White - ENTRY thread, Weekly comp International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:55:13 PM
xx Black and White - CHAT thread, Weekly Comp International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:53:52 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 200/4 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:27:42 PM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Chat thread International Weekly Comp Entries 347/6 jinky Last post February 18, 2020, 05:51:06 AM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 275/5 Oldboy Last post February 17, 2020, 09:59:34 PM