Water PollPOLL - Out on the StreetWATER - Weekly Comp - Ent...Black and White - ENTRY t...Black and White - CHAT th...WATER - Weekly Comp - CHA...Out on the Street - Weekl...Out on the Street - Weekl...Deal Alert Thread.CENTRAL COMPOSITION - POL...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - CHA...CENTRAL COMPOSITION - ENT...Competitive PollPOLL - LOCALCOMPETITIVE - ENTRIES 27t...Local - Weekly Comp - Cha...

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 574793 times)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3810 on: November 09, 2018, 12:32:13 PM »
Mine always go back to Canon for service and repair - Joe public as you call it is 10day typical turn around. Mine is normally about 5-6days door to door. But being insurance it will be longer.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3811 on: November 09, 2018, 12:35:00 PM »
Just got to wait now for the insurance underwriters - had to provide flight details as well as a quote for the repair - as it happened in the US.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3812 on: November 13, 2018, 07:13:52 AM »
Same thing as every time there is fog in the morning - the morons who insist on driving in queues of traffic with their rear fog lights on. Should be a mandatory 12 month ban. Grrrr.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3813 on: December 11, 2018, 11:36:54 AM »
Photomatix is playing up. Keeps asking me to register, when I already have done and paid for it.
And I'm pretty sure that this isn't the photo I took this morning!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3814 on: December 11, 2018, 03:54:50 PM »
Have you got some kind of registry error? Seems very odd. My Photomatix is working OK. What version are you using?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3815 on: December 11, 2018, 04:06:05 PM »
Ordered a Tyfoto variable ND filter 3 weeks ago. Hasn't arrived. Normally stuff from my eldest daughter in the US takes less than 2 weeks to get here. So I went and had a look at the tracking. My heart sank . . . Chinapost . . might never arrive. So not a US company at all.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3816 on: December 11, 2018, 04:24:33 PM »
Have you got some kind of registry error? Seems very odd. My Photomatix is working OK. What version are you using?

Did this a couple of weeks ago too, re-booted it and then it was fine. Same today but it put an interesting spin on what I was trying to achieve. Works OK when I shut it down and start again.

Chris

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3817 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:49 PM »
Ordered a Tyfoto variable ND filter 3 weeks ago. Hasn't arrived. Normally stuff from my eldest daughter in the US takes less than 2 weeks to get here. So I went and had a look at the tracking. My heart sank . . . Chinapost . . might never arrive. So not a US company at all.

It seems that you can't be too careful these days. Hope it arrives soon for you.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3818 on: December 12, 2018, 07:32:07 AM »
You're not wrong! Just wait and see I suppose.

On the plus side UPS should be delivering my new Floyd Rose equipped, black quilt topped, Jackson guitar today.  :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3819 on: December 12, 2018, 07:54:46 AM »
I’m not exactly sure what that is H but am sure it’ll be a very exciting day for you.  :tup:

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3820 on: December 12, 2018, 08:15:10 PM »
I’m not exactly sure what that is H but am sure it’ll be a very exciting day for you.  :tup:

Well it doesn't ring a bell but it might strike a chord!   :2funny:  :legit:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3821 on: December 12, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »

Well it doesn't ring a bell but it might strike a chord!   :2funny:  :legit:

BOOM!

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3822 on: December 24, 2018, 01:21:34 PM »
Well, the guitar turned out to be a disappointment and had to be sent back. Better luck next time I suppose.

But on the other hand the Tyfoto variable ND did arrive today. I've briefly tested it and there appear to be no annoying black bands however it is set. On the downside I seem to recall that one of the USPs of this filter was the 'click stop' ND selection. Then one I have is constantly variable, which is, on balance, no bad thing as it just seems to work.

Will have to wait until the New Year to give it thorough testing.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3823 on: December 24, 2018, 06:10:20 PM »
Sorry to hear about the guitar but pleased the filter has arrived. Good luck with it.

Chris

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3824 on: December 29, 2018, 01:35:34 PM »
Really, I mean really, is there anyone in the world who understands the LR print module? Trying to print two of our family Christmas pictures. I select the two pictures in the library, go to the print module, find it has put two small prints onto two A4 pages. Delete one picture, both pages then go blank, Click add and only the first image appears, click add again hoping to see the second one - first one added again. If I change printer it just prints before I tell it too. So I've created custom cells, but have no idea how to get any pictures into my new layout to actually print the damned things. I really really really hate the LR print module.

The struggle would continue, but I'm going to use Qimage instead. That works.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Water Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 104/0 jinky Last post February 25, 2020, 09:21:38 AM
xx POLL - Out on the Street International Weekly Comp Entries 333/7 Jediboy Last post February 24, 2020, 06:06:15 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - Entry Thread International Weekly Comp Entries 221/4 Oldboy Last post February 23, 2020, 10:32:24 PM
xx Black and White - ENTRY thread, Weekly comp International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:55:13 PM
xx Black and White - CHAT thread, Weekly Comp International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:53:52 PM
xx WATER - Weekly Comp - CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 200/4 Jediboy Last post February 23, 2020, 07:27:42 PM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Chat thread International Weekly Comp Entries 347/6 jinky Last post February 18, 2020, 05:51:06 AM
xx Out on the Street - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 275/5 Oldboy Last post February 17, 2020, 09:59:34 PM