Drone Happiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...POLL-LOUDWhat made you feel good t...Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/...Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5...LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-...LOUD-ENTRIES-Weekly comp ...Poll for Drawn from Liter...What annoyed you today?Drawn from Literature - E...Drawn from Literature - C...Flash Player EOL and the ...POLL-SPOONSPOON-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp...

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 624493 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3930 on: April 14, 2020, 08:30:58 AM »
Flickr.
As I hardly touch a camera these days, I have given up my paid for subscription to Flickr.
I do however pop in regularly (not often), when someone 'faves' one of my shots.

For some reason, my password seems to be continually 'invalidated,' as I cannot sign in. I have had a host of passwords by now and am running out of ideas for new ones. I always send myself an email with the new password, so as not to forget it. I know I use the correct, latest, version, but yet again, I cannot get access.

Has anyone the same experience? Does anyone know what is going on? Does Yahoo not like people who are not constantly on their sites? Or could it be the fact, I dared to go back to the free version?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline jinky

« Reply #3931 on: April 14, 2020, 09:30:00 AM »
I had a similar experience when I went back after a lengthy absence. Ended up going through some complicated set up to check user name and change password that took ages.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3932 on: April 14, 2020, 11:10:36 AM »
Haven't been on flick'r for ages.  :o

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3933 on: April 15, 2020, 12:26:51 PM »
It is not me then.

I bet neither of you will be able to log in again!

Online Jediboy

« Reply #3934 on: April 15, 2020, 06:15:14 PM »
I had forgotten all about Flickr until I read this.....
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Online Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3936 on: April 16, 2020, 08:47:47 AM »
Thanks Mick.
I tried to log in, but my log in page does not look like the ones in these articles. Maybe it is early days yet.
Decided not to try it, as it would probably mean yet another passwoord.

May try again, if/when I feel the 'urge.'

I suppose Flickr is losing its appeal, if none of you are regulars anymore.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3937 on: April 16, 2020, 10:06:18 PM »
Thanks Mick.

I suppose Flickr is losing its appeal, if none of you are regulars anymore.

I stopped posting when I found out some users were copying other peoples photos and claiming them as their work and some even sold them for profit.  >:(

Online Jediboy

« Reply #3938 on: May 28, 2020, 11:18:38 AM »
Just had a sobering and disappointing conversation with an orthopaedic surgeon about my wrist.

I broke it about 17 years ago whilst at work, was told by a Dr it was just a sprain and didn't need an X-Ray. Turns out it was broken. One broken bone is now three, I have arthritis, have been living with it for years, and my ulna is being pushed out of place. I'm in quite a lot of pain and have very limited movement.
They are talking about fusing the bones and making it one solid joint, which is quite a daunting prospect.

And they have no idea when they can do this due to the current situation. And my boss still wants me to work 10 hours a day!! Despite me telling him I am in constant pain.  >:(

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3939 on: May 28, 2020, 12:08:42 PM »
Sorry about your broken wrist. It's about the worse bones you can break due to the multi movement of the wrist. And, of course, we use our hands all the time. I fell over years ago and cracked my little finger bone. Never went to the doctors and it healed but left me with a bump on the inner-side. The only problem I've ever had was when I brought a tight fitting pair of winter mitts and I had to cut down the side of the glove, as I couldn't fit it over the bulge.  :tup:

Offline jinky

« Reply #3940 on: May 28, 2020, 02:36:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that jediboy. These old injuries are a nuisance when they lead to other things. I severed an anterior cruciate ligament in my leg many years ago. Didn`t have the operation to repair as I was told I could manage without it if I gave up football and tennis and my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time. Now my left knee is crunching with bone on bone arthritis and my right knee ligaments have strained due to me transferring weight to that side. I was Ok until lockdown as gym exercises strengthened my quads but really struggling now. At least one knee to be done some time soon!   :(

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3941 on: May 28, 2020, 07:56:07 PM »
My father in law had his wrist fused some years back due to arthritis.  He can’t do a few things -  but other health issues impede him more these days. ??
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Online Jediboy

« Reply #3942 on: May 28, 2020, 08:57:30 PM »
Jinky, that sounds awful. I hope it's not too bad and you can get it sorted soon.
It seems that quite a few people have old niggles and injuries that cause problems.
I'm 44 and have a job that require a certain amount of dexterity so hoping if it is fused I can still do my job.
Cheers gents.

Chris

Online Jediboy

« Reply #3943 on: May 28, 2020, 08:59:41 PM »
And you're right Oldboy. Our hands are always in use.
As long as I can hold my camera I'll be OK. Or maybe treat myself to a new tripod or monopod.

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3944 on: May 29, 2020, 12:47:26 AM »
And you're right Oldboy. Our hands are always in use.
As long as I can hold my camera I'll be OK. Or maybe treat myself to a new tripod or monopod.

Or get the wife to hold it!!!  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Drone General Discussion 185/10 Jediboy Last post Today at 02:26:42 PM
xx Happiness is.... Entry Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 21/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 02:13:42 PM
xx Happiness is.... Chat Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 02:12:34 PM
xx POLL-LOUD International Weekly Comp Entries 219/4 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:17:39 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 591574/3913 anglefire Last post July 03, 2020, 08:24:05 PM
xx Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 228/6 Oldboy Last post July 01, 2020, 11:52:16 AM
xx Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 66/1 jinky Last post June 30, 2020, 07:16:09 PM
xx LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-28 June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 368/8 anglefire Last post June 30, 2020, 05:32:36 AM