POLL - Outdoors Outdoors - ENTRY thread -...What is it? - CHAT thread...What is it? ENTRY thread ...End of an EraPoll - Doom and GloomDOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-2...Outdoors - CHAT thread - ...DOOM and GLOOM ENTRIES 1...POLL - FruitPOLL - VehiclesENTRIES-FRUIT-Weekly Comp...CHAT-FRUIT-Weekly Comp 6-...VEHICLES - CHAT thread we...VEHICLES - ENTRY thread w...Poll - Portraits

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 649317 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3975 on: August 23, 2020, 11:42:41 PM »
Probably, but what are the criteria? Where's the logic in a case like this?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3976 on: August 24, 2020, 08:22:38 AM »
I'm not sure logic comes into it. I wonder if an algorithm in a computer has decided that this will happen based on your card usage. I could be wrong but this wouldn't surprise me.
Anyway, I hope that you are well.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3977 on: August 24, 2020, 09:28:43 AM »
Thanks. I am well, but have been in 'solitary confinement' since just before the lockdown.
I was in Holland when all hell broke loose, so once I was home (two busy international airports, full flight, coach trip home) I decided to self isolate for a fortnight, just in case.' While doing that, lockdown was announced and I'm still at home.

Started to do my own shopping again, so at least I now see other human beings occasionally.

Hope you and yours (and all of you at CC) are okay too.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3978 on: August 24, 2020, 10:57:14 AM »
I'm not sure logic comes into it. I wonder if an algorithm in a computer has decided that this will happen based on your card usage. I could be wrong but this wouldn't surprise me.

Unused credit limits have a capital ratio cost for banks, so as part of the risk and treasury management functions they review accounts to see if facilities are no longer required or only being partly used.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3979 on: August 24, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »

Unused credit limits have a capital ratio cost for banks, so as part of the risk and treasury management functions they review accounts to see if facilities are no longer required or only being partly used.

Thank you Howard. I knew I could count on you for an explanation.
So, instead of saying: "You're costing us money," they pretend to keep me financially secure.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3980 on: August 25, 2020, 09:39:55 AM »

Thank you Howard. I knew I could count on you for an explanation.
So, instead of saying: "You're costing us money," they pretend to keep me financially secure.
Both can be true - but why advertise the first bit?  ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline StephenBatey

• "this demm panic" - Sir Percy Blakeney
    • stephenbatey/
« Reply #3981 on: August 25, 2020, 06:15:28 PM »
I've had the reduction letter as the penalty for not using the card as well.

As far as shopkeepers go, some years ago I was in a confectioners in Lewes, and discovered that they preferred credit card payment to cash. The rake off to the credit card company was negotiated and meant that the credit card company took a smaller percentage of the sale than their bank did as the charge for depositing cash! I've tended to ask since then, although these days a lot of shops don't want to handle disease carrying money and insist on credit card payment. Even if the sum is less than a pound.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Outdoors International Weekly Comp Entries 32/0 Jediboy Last post September 29, 2020, 06:17:14 PM
xx Outdoors - ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 20/09/30 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 155/4 Oldboy Last post September 28, 2020, 10:02:45 AM
xx What is it? - CHAT thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 23/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:20:03 PM
xx What is it? ENTRY thread - Weekly Comp 26/09/2020 - 04/10/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 15/0 Jediboy Last post September 27, 2020, 07:17:48 PM
xx End of an Era General Discussion 123/6 anglefire Last post September 27, 2020, 02:28:15 PM
xx Poll - Doom and Gloom International Weekly Comp Entries 198/5 Jediboy Last post September 26, 2020, 09:30:50 PM
xx DOOM and GLOOM CHAT 13-20/092020 International Weekly Comp Entries 223/6 jinky Last post September 22, 2020, 09:54:12 AM
xx Outdoors - CHAT thread - Weekly comp 20/09/20 - 27/09/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 152/4 Oldboy Last post September 22, 2020, 12:03:31 AM