What annoyed you today?POLL for BIRDSBIRDS: Weekly comp CHAT 1...BIRDS: Weekly Comp ENTRY ...CHAT-ROCK-WEEKLY COMP 23-...ENTRIES-ROCK-WEEKLY COMP ...What made you feel good t...Poll for PUBLIC ARTStill here !!Poll - Up Close and Perso...PUBLIC ART - ENTRIES 2-9/...PUBLIC ART CHAT - 2-9/07/...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL ENT...POLL-Summer Pastimes 18-2...UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL CH...What bemused you today?

Author Topic: What annoyed you today?  (Read 413115 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: What annoyed you today?
« Reply #3555 on: June 12, 2016, 07:34:25 AM »
Definition of a train: a mobile contagious disease transmission system that goes from nowhere near where you are to nowhere near you want to go at a time you don't want to go there and for a price you don't want to pay.

Bit like a plane really, but at least those journeys are over with relatively quickly. ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3556 on: June 12, 2016, 08:39:53 AM »
Getting up to see that Dodgy Dave, in a blind panic, is at it again. Threatening  those of pensionable age with all sorts cataclysmic consequences  if there is a vote to quit the EU. What he fails to understand is that the majority of that demographic group comprise the people who were conned into it in '75 and  as the old saying goes 'once bitten twice shy" applies.

Another mistake is  that section of the population  doesn't  scare all that easily, they were taught by their  forbears you don't  capitulate to bullies and threats.

Have a nice day. :tup:

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3557 on: June 12, 2016, 08:53:03 AM »
It's a Referendum, not an election. A simple democratic tool, to find out what the country wants.

Any problems, and there will be problems whatever the country decides, will have to be sorted out by the (elected) government. Afterwards.
It's no use speculating on what might happen, as we simply do not know.

Haven't watched television for about a fortnight, so missed all the 'fun.'

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline jinky

« Reply #3558 on: June 12, 2016, 09:31:35 AM »
I think it's pretty obvious that the pound will fall should there be a leave vote given it is falling at the prospect suggested by recent polls. Given the obvious confusion / reconfiguring afterwards and lack of predicted growth with or without the vote hard times ahead seem certain.  In that respect anything funded by a Tory government would be fair game whether pensions, the NHS, armed forces etc. Seems to me Dodgy Dave and his pals win either way. Never been that certain that he's not been acting as a Trojan horse myself with his and Osborne stupid tactics and statements.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3559 on: June 12, 2016, 09:51:39 AM »

Another mistake is  that section of the population  doesn't  scare all that easily, they were taught by their  forbears you don't  capitulate to bullies and threats.

Have a nice day. :tup:

Are they open to being fooled ?  After the blue on blue charade for Brexit ? - Yes it's perhaps a Tory gain game  ;) - Reshuffle boundaries, kiss the EU Legislation goodbye and what's next ?

Offline ABERS

« Reply #3560 on: June 12, 2016, 10:13:13 AM »
- Reshuffle boundaries, kiss the EU Legislation goodbye and what's next ?

Say hello to an accountable sovereign government .

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3561 on: June 12, 2016, 10:35:10 AM »

One you cannot oust without proportional representation  :2funny:  Accountable ?  :2funny:  if it was not so sad.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:07:08 AM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline ABERS

« Reply #3562 on: June 12, 2016, 11:36:54 AM »

One you cannot oust without proportional representation  :2funny:  Accountable ?  :2funny:  if it was not so sad.

Sorry can't  follow your points. The UK will have the facility to vote out its government if in its opinion it doesn't perform. The commission is unelected.

OK we will still get a load of self serving buffoons as usual, but they will be our elected load of self serving buffoons not one foisted on us.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 11:42:41 AM by ABERS »

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3563 on: June 12, 2016, 11:47:56 AM »

Sorry can't  follow your points. The UK will have the facility to vote out its government if in its opinion it doesn't perform. The commission is unelected.

The commission is hopefully a body representing democratic countries by concensus for the common good. Sixty relatively peaceful years - I hope my children's future is likewise.

Offline ABERS

« Reply #3564 on: June 12, 2016, 12:48:53 PM »
I say yes to that.

No more from me on the subject. You may have gathered I'm  a fervent  Brexiter  and I will be voting OUT on the 23rd.  :tup:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #3565 on: June 12, 2016, 01:01:36 PM »
I say yes to that.

No more from me on the subject. You may have gathered I'm  a fervent  Brexiter  and I will be voting OUT on the 23rd.  :tup:

I don't know what all the beefs about beyond destabilising and I will very likely vote to Remain on the 23rd.  :tup:

Back to photography  :tup:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 01:07:31 PM by Beaux Reflets »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3566 on: June 15, 2016, 08:19:39 AM »
Went out this morning to do the school run to find that the <expletive deleted> cat had thrown up all over my car. And Mrs H wonders why I call the bl**dy useless thing "vomit".
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3567 on: June 15, 2016, 11:16:41 AM »

OK we will still get a load of self serving buffoons as usual, but they will be our elected load of self serving buffoons not one foisted on us.

We could be like Ireland who were made to vote again until they reached the right decision.  ::)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3568 on: June 18, 2016, 07:36:07 AM »
Apart from the fact that it seems to have been raining since last September . .

Apple. As if I didn't loath this manifestation of corporate evil and greed enough. A friend of mine was trying to let me see some pictures of work he is having done on his house. So tell me, in what twisted view of the world does the share button on a cloud service only share with machinery manufactured by the service provider? Answer, on planet Apple. Nasty vindictive grasping b*st*rds.

Please people, stop buying their overpriced stuff.

Luckily there is Google, also no saints, but at least I can see the pictures and all they want is to show me adverts I don't pay any heed to.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3569 on: June 18, 2016, 08:11:05 AM »
Never considered Apple, but I've got American friends, who don't even seem to know, there are other brands.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 413115/3691 anglefire Last post July 26, 2017, 06:00:55 AM
question POLL for BIRDS International Weekly Comp Entries 60/0 Hinfrance Last post July 25, 2017, 11:03:23 AM
xx BIRDS: Weekly comp CHAT 15-23/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 527/12 Jediboy Last post July 24, 2017, 06:11:24 PM
xx BIRDS: Weekly Comp ENTRY Thread 15-23/07/17 International Weekly Comp Entries 306/7 Oldboy Last post July 23, 2017, 10:44:10 PM
smiley CHAT-ROCK-WEEKLY COMP 23-30/7 International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 Hinfrance Last post July 23, 2017, 01:33:37 PM
question ENTRIES-ROCK-WEEKLY COMP 23-30/7 International Weekly Comp Entries 49/0 Hinfrance Last post July 23, 2017, 01:30:30 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 400436/3725 Paul Montgomery Last post July 23, 2017, 01:16:17 PM
xx Poll for PUBLIC ART International Weekly Comp Entries 328/5 jinky Last post July 21, 2017, 09:37:45 AM