• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 55
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43
aliexpress
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Hi

I feel great because I have just recieved the highest number acceptances I have ever had. At Basingstoke  Salon I managed to get six photos in, nearly all sport images.

Sandy

ABERS

jinky

Hinfrance

Excellent result Sandy, congratulations!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Sandy

Hi

Thanks very much, my feet are now on the ground. I have 57 acceptances in total at the moment so can now claim my BPE2 and the gaps between the levels now get wide since I need 100 acceptances for the next level.

Sandy

Oldboy

jinky

Yesterday actually. I was a very good boy and instead of investing a competition win in a Fuji XT1 and number of lenses I controlled myself and instead bought a Panasonic LX100 to fill a perceived gap I had rather than fulfil a whim. True the win was only £150 and covered the cost of neither. The thing is what I needed was a half decent travel camera that would be better in low light than the compact I already had. I`ve sacrificed zoom length substantially but have a camera that will fit in a 7kg travel on case fort those smaller trips and will happily take my dslr on the longer , more exotic ones. Of course some people are never appreciative for the sacrifices I make... my wife  sees not the £1500 or so saving by me not getting the XT1 and lenses but judged the outstanding £429 beyond my prize contribution  being an unnecessary expenditure. Others just don`t understand. Just need to get the LX100 set and set for use now.
Got it delivered free to my local Waitrose overnight using the John Lewis voucher and on a current deal get an extra £50 cashback, free 5 year warranty and case so all in all a good deal. Looked at the RX100mk 3 too but just too small for my hands.

spikeyjen

Nice Jinky. I actually bought a little point and shoot last year to take with me when I ride my bike. However I have since purchased a new mobile photo with the best camera ever (galazy 5) and don't think I will ever use the P&S again. the buttons are too fiddly for me.

Sandy

I had a letter yesterday with a ribbon and I'm now BPE2*, so that is one aim achieved this year. I have also just found my image on the front page of this magazine

http://issuu.com/vballenglandjt/docs/3touch_mar2015

Sandy

Beaux Reflets

Quote from: Sandy on March 26, 2015, 10:26:31 AM
I had a letter yesterday with a ribbon and I'm now BPE2*, so that is one aim achieved this year. I have also just found my image on the front page of this magazine

Sandy

Congratulations and nice shot  :tup: Sandy
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Jediboy

Sandy

Excellent. Well done.  :tup:
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Oldboy

Sandy

Double well done!  :tup: :tup:

ABERS

Sandy

Looks like 2015 has started with a bang for you.

Congratulations Sandy.

anglefire

Not actually today, but I went to the Photoshow lsat weekend and because they had sold out (well at £300 discount I'm not surprise!), ordered a new lens - the new 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS II

I picked it up on Wednesday evening (Got to Calumet in Birmingham as the shutters went down at 5:30) and used it in anger last night - and it is a proper keeper :) Hand holding at 1/50" @ 400mm is relatively easy.

Looking forward to some rallying shots at the end of April.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Oldboy

Quote from: anglefire on March 29, 2015, 09:17:55 AM
Not actually today, but I went to the Photoshow lsat weekend and because they had sold out (well at £300 discount I'm not surprise!), ordered a new lens - the new 100-400mm f4.5-5.6 L IS II

I picked it up on Wednesday evening (Got to Calumet in Birmingham as the shutters went down at 5:30) and used it in anger last night - and it is a proper keeper :) Hand holding at 1/50" @ 400mm is relatively easy.

Looking forward to some rallying shots at the end of April.

A £300 saving is not to be sniffed at. I stopped going to the show as the deals didn't save you much money.  :(

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.