A Record ShotPOLL for OUTDOOR FLASHENTRIES - OUTDOOR FLASH-W...CHAT - OUTDOOR FLASH WEEK...Star trails ENTRIES-HOT OR COLD-Weekl...CHAT-HOT OR COLD-Weekly C...Weather PollWeather Entries 4-12th Fe...Poll for Domestic Pets 29...My visit to Paris... with...Weather Chat Thread 4-12t...Domestic Pets - CHAT THRE...Domestic Pets ENTRIES 2...POLL for OPEN SEASONCHAT-OPEN SEASON:WEEKLY C...

Author Topic: What bemused you today?  (Read 317732 times)

Online anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: What bemused you today?
« Reply #2550 on: October 30, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »
Picture itself is far from special. IMHO. But like a lot of things - rarity makes it better
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2551 on: October 31, 2017, 04:35:08 PM »
After not being used for a fortnight my drone decided that it would only turn right. In fact turning right was all it was prepared to do, apart from up and down, and the down part was a sudden thump into the ground on 'auto land'. It's rather erratic, or should that be eccentric ?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2552 on: January 01, 2018, 03:58:49 PM »
Had an email of a cousin in Canada who complained about the cold. Check the BBC forecast for North America and they have Ottawa and Winnipeg with a temperature of 0' degrees Fahrenheit!  :o :o :o

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2553 on: January 23, 2018, 12:30:45 PM »
My own stupidity and assumptions about how the world works - specifically in relation to camera batteries. I took my TG-4 out with me this morning on the school run, thinking to get some shots of the river in flood as the light came up.

But the camera wouldn't turn on. Flat battery I assumed and replaced the dead battery with the spare, making sure in the gloom that I fitted it the same way as the one that I had just removed. Camera as lifeless as a not at all alive thing. Gave up. When I got home, and into some light, I discovered that the batteries for the TG-4 will fit into the camera either way around, and the wrong way was the way that the first battery had been put in. All my other cameras, and just about everything else I can think of that uses proprietary batteries has them handed, so they can only go in one way.

Live and learn I suppose.  :o
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #2554 on: January 23, 2018, 10:00:38 PM »
That does sound like unusual H.

I can't charge my batteries at the moment because I have lost my charger. Who loses a battery charger??
I'm blaming the kids!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx A Record Shot General Discussion 149/3 Hinfrance Last post Today at 10:28:26 AM
question POLL for OUTDOOR FLASH International Weekly Comp Entries 38/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 10:25:24 AM
xx ENTRIES - OUTDOOR FLASH-WEEKLY COMP 11th FEB - 18th FEB International Weekly Comp Entries 234/5 Jediboy Last post February 19, 2018, 02:30:01 PM
xx CHAT - OUTDOOR FLASH WEEKLY COMP 11th FEB - 18th FEB International Weekly Comp Entries 524/13 Jediboy Last post February 19, 2018, 02:15:58 PM
xx Star trails General Photography 229/5 Jediboy Last post February 18, 2018, 07:24:47 PM
xx ENTRIES-HOT OR COLD-Weekly Comp 18-25/2/2018 International Weekly Comp Entries 25/0 Hinfrance Last post February 18, 2018, 12:38:41 PM
xx CHAT-HOT OR COLD-Weekly Comp 18-25/2/2018 International Weekly Comp Entries 40/0 Hinfrance Last post February 18, 2018, 12:37:01 PM
xx Weather Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 254/5 jinky Last post February 18, 2018, 11:42:54 AM