• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,415
  • Total Topics: 5,708
  • Online today: 60
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 41
  • Total: 41
  • Google
wex
RØDE NT1 Signature Series...Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....

What made you feel good today

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 10:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldboy

Quote from: spinner on January 07, 2015, 06:50:57 PM
Upgraded the motherboard and accoutrements in my PC, got my Yosemite Hackintosh up and running.

Upgraded the harddisk and memory on my first PC and it wouldn't reboot. After messing around with different configurations found out the problem was caused by the new faulty 16mb memory chip. I wasn't impressed.  >:(

At least yours is working faster.  :tup:

Hinfrance

I had a 16gb memory bank fail too - never had any memory fail ever before - it was a Corsair module - what make was yours?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Oldboy

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 08, 2015, 08:42:04 AM
I had a 16gb memory bank fail too - never had any memory fail ever before - it was a Corsair module - what make was yours?

It didn't fail it just didn't work at all. At the time there were problems with mismatched memory modules, so I removed the original 4mb module leaving the 16mb still attached. The operating system at the time was Windows 3.1 and Dos 3.2 which took about five minutes to reboot. I also had four memory banks and the instructions didn't make clear how you needed to configured them. Unlike today you couldn't go on the internet for information as it had only just started. When I brought the module at the Computer Shopper show at the NEC, the chap looked at the module before he sold it to me for £360. At the time I thought he was just checking it was the correct one but, with hindsight, I'm sure he knew it was faulty but sold it to me anyway.  >:( Touch wood, I've never had a harddrive, memory module, flash memory card or power supply fail ever. I've had a bad compact flash card but, that was faulty when I brought it.  ;D

spinner

Can you send me some of that WOOD? I've had several PSU's fail on me over the years.  :'( Harddrives too. In fact, I've got a suspect Harddrive right now that won't let me reinstall Win 7. Keeps telling me there's no system on the drive, despite OSX reporting it as a functioning NTFS system.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Oldboy

I did have a problem with a CDRW disk today. I wrote some files to it to put in the laptop to print. It didn't work so put the disk back in the main PC and erased them. I wrote some other files to the CDRW and put it back in the laptop. The laptop WindowsXP kept showing the files I had deleted. Refresh or closing Windows Explore didn't solve the problem? Put disk back in the main PC and renamed the disk as My Disk. Reloaded back on the laptop and the new files appeared? I don't know why they didn't appear before?  :uglystupid2:

Hinfrance

Watching Cloud Atlas again. Breathtaking.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spikeyjen

I'm in Jasper, Canada. The train trip from Vancouver was amazing with a glass dome on the train for viewing the scenery. The sky is blue for the first time in Canada, and the scenery breathtaking. I'm in heaven (its freezing cold, but I am in heaven)

Reinardina

Quote from: spikeyjen on February 15, 2015, 03:51:34 AM
I'm in Jasper, Canada. The train trip from Vancouver was amazing with a glass dome on the train for viewing the scenery. The sky is blue for the first time in Canada, and the scenery breathtaking. I'm in heaven (its freezing cold, but I am in heaven)

I envy you! Sunshine, great scenery, and sub zero temperatures, what more can you ask for in winter?

Mind you, the sun is waking up here, after a rainy night, so I should not really complain.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

donoreo

Welcome to the country, eh?  :)  Yesterday we "celebrated" the 50th anniversary of the flag.  Several provinces have a holiday today.  A made up holiday just to have a holiday between New Years and Easter. 

You should get some great photos around Jasper.  I would like to take the train ride you did it is supposed to be great. 

It is warmer here this morning.  Currently -22C in Toronto.  Yesterday at this time it was -25C :)

krennon

wmmfgt first full day back at work since becoming a dad, came in from work this evening and my 2 new children shouted "DADDYYYYYY" and came running up the hall and gave me the biggest hug ever....who cares what the weathers doing when you come home to that  :) :) :) :tup: :tup: :tup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Reinardina

Quote from: krennon on February 16, 2015, 09:18:08 PM
wmmfgt first full day back at work since becoming a dad, came in from work this evening and my 2 new children shouted "DADDYYYYYY" and came running up the hall and gave me the biggest hug ever....who cares what the weathers doing when you come home to that  :) :) :) :tup: :tup: :tup:

The best news I've heard so far this year! I'm so happy for you, and your wife (and the kids)!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

spikeyjen

that is so wonderful, lucky you. Its moments like that that make it worthwhile

jinky

That Rocky Mountaineer has to be one of the best train rides anywhere. That said I preferred it when I drove back down from Jasper to Calgary and was able to stop whenever I wanted.  Enjoy - it`s fantastic there!

jinky

Great stuff. You must be made up and know it`s been worth all the wait! ;)

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.