POLL - Home and GardenHOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5...POLL - Something good, We...FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES ...What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 571387 times)

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3840 on: March 31, 2019, 07:31:11 PM »
Oh yes, I missed that bit of information!

It's a make of car that I wouldn't have even considered 20years ago!

Its a Skoda Superb. Not top of the range, but around mid with a few minor options. And one I will add once I have got it - and that is reversing camera. I missed the one I had on the Land Rover and BW want £1400 to retrofit a £350 option.

But is the DSG (semi auto box) 2ltr diesel (Fuel of the devil apparently) leather, top of the range satnav.

And yes I'm sure I'll get some pictures of it! ;)
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3841 on: March 31, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
Good car. We have one at work to use and it's great. A few of the team drive them too and speak very highly of them. Good choice.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline jinky

« Reply #3842 on: April 02, 2019, 01:22:55 PM »
I denounced the rear view camera when my wife bought her Yaris. Now I wouldn't be without and use it all the time. She just cannot get the hang of it! I reckon I should be Csptain Scarlet in another life as I like driving by screen.  ;)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3843 on: April 02, 2019, 02:20:39 PM »
I denounced the rear view camera when my wife bought her Yaris. Now I wouldn't be without and use it all the time. She just cannot get the hang of it! I reckon I should be Csptain Scarlet in another life as I like driving by screen.  ;)

Probably can't get them on FIATs - lucky to get any mirrors - First rule of Italian driving - "what's behind me does not matter."
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3844 on: April 02, 2019, 05:40:15 PM »
Well from 2022 cameras will be mandatory - as will speed limiters etc. Deep joy.
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3845 on: April 02, 2019, 07:52:20 PM »
Well from 2022 cameras will be mandatory - as will speed limiters etc. Deep joy.

Yeah, but the ones on Fiats and Ferraris won't work . . .
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3846 on: April 05, 2019, 06:23:07 AM »

Probably an override switch on BMW and Audi's too!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #3847 on: April 05, 2019, 06:33:18 AM »

Probably an override switch on BMW and Audi's too!

Is there already an override switch on the indicators?  ;)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3848 on: April 05, 2019, 07:28:29 AM »
BMW indicators don't work sensibly. In order to turn one off you have to turn it one again - mind bogglingly stupid. You don't close a door by opening it twice . .

Which is why no-one can be bothered to use them. The switch gear is insane. I once drove 500kms in a mate's BMW alternately indicating left then right as I tried to stop the bloody things. Best not to bother trying to indicate if you've got a BMW.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3849 on: April 05, 2019, 07:17:17 PM »
I have found the BMW indicators very easy to use (Yes I do use them  :tup: ) - you can cancel them by either flicking them on or off (Or in mine you can as they don't stay in the on position but recenter) They flick to 3flashes (Settable to just one - no idea why!) or go past the flick and they stay on, until flicked again or they self cancel)

But mine goes tomorrow and I try a Skoda! Should be fun :)
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3850 on: April 06, 2019, 07:03:00 AM »
If the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in? You see my dilemma, and why I only managed to turn them off by removing the ignition key.  ???

I'm sure you'll enjoy the new car. we have two Skodas in our household. Our Octavia 1 is 18 years old and has done 250,000 miles with very few repairs - door controller, front bushes, shock absorbers. Daughter has a Citigo, also brilliant.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:05:22 AM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3851 on: April 07, 2019, 02:19:41 PM »
Booked a family holiday for next week, only down in Ilfracombe in Devon but looks beautiful and hoping to spend some quality time with my camera!!

Chris

Offline jinky

« Reply #3852 on: April 07, 2019, 02:39:09 PM »
Booked a family holiday for next week, only down in Ilfracombe in Devon but looks beautiful and hoping to spend some quality time with my camera!!

You might even enjoy the family being there  ;)

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3853 on: April 07, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »

You might even enjoy the family being there  ;)

Yes, you’re probably right! They’re pretty lovely really.

Chris

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3854 on: April 07, 2019, 07:16:00 PM »
If the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in?

Just flick the switch in either direction! Just don't go past the first "notch"
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Home and Garden International Weekly Comp Entries 8/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 11:06:27 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 171/4 anglefire Last post Today at 07:46:19 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 156/4 anglefire Last post Today at 07:45:17 AM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY CHAT - 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 98/4 Jediboy Last post April 06, 2020, 04:14:53 PM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 217/5 Jediboy Last post April 05, 2020, 11:46:39 PM
xx FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY ENTRIES 5th-12th April 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 63/0 jinky Last post April 05, 2020, 10:28:18 AM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 593630/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 571387/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM