Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5...Drone 1Dx Mk3Happiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...POLL-LOUDWhat made you feel good t...Potato - CHAT 27/06-5/07/...LOUD-CHAT-Weekly comp 21-...LOUD-ENTRIES-Weekly comp ...Poll for Drawn from Liter...What annoyed you today?Drawn from Literature - E...Drawn from Literature - C...Flash Player EOL and the ...

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 593126 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3855 on: April 07, 2019, 08:26:00 PM »
If the switch is in the centre 'off' position (self centring), how do you turn them off by moving the switch to the centre position it is already in?

Just flick the switch in either direction! Just don't go past the first "notch"

Whatever. For me this idiotic switchgear is a deal breaker. I'll never buy a BMW. What's so bloody difficult about making it work normally? It's just deliberately annoying. Just don't get me started on that damned jog wheel thing . . or the cruise control . . BMW are just contrary for the hell of it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3856 on: April 10, 2019, 05:48:57 PM »
Funny, Howard, because I've swapped to a Skoda and the switchgear in that is conventional - which is fine - but some of the systems are not logical - or at least don't appear to be!

The cruise (Active which is fab!) has a lever on the steering column below the indicator - back for off forward for on. Fine so far. End of stalk for setting - also fine. But pull forward again and it increases setting in ~1mph increments. Lever up/down increase/decrease by 5. Press the set button and it decreases by 1 - unless you are not at the set speed so it then drops to current speed......

Want to see the current total mileage. be quick at start up or turn off cruise because the set speed is priority to distance........... (I think I need to confirm this!)

Want to see the service details - press the trip reset button for more than 4seconds - after which is un-zero's the trip.............. Too short and it trip resets.   :uglystupid2:

Having said that, I am very unlikely to get another BMW.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3857 on: April 10, 2019, 07:30:40 PM »
I know I'm just bitching about things I could get used to :) None of our cars are modern/high end enough to have any potentially confusing tech on them. The most sophisticated thing we've got is the head up display on the Corvette, and that's nearly 20 years old.

Hope you enjoy the Skoda, all the ones we've had (including a pre VW rally prepped 136) have been brilliant.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3858 on: April 14, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
All the tech is put in  place ready for the 2012 date when all cars must have parking sensors/cameras and speed limiters linked to the speed limit.

Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3859 on: April 15, 2019, 10:25:27 AM »
All the tech is put in  place ready for the 2012 date when all cars must have parking sensors/cameras and speed limiters linked to the speed limit.

I think we have passed that date unless, you are parked next to a black hole which slows down time and might reverse it!  :doh:

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3860 on: April 19, 2019, 04:17:30 PM »
Oh yes.  :2funny:
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3861 on: April 19, 2019, 04:21:38 PM »
Actually last night (And you could count last Sunday in this too!) - Did a photoshoot for one of my daughters friends who is doing a makeup and beauty course at Uni and wanted some pictures of her work - I've done 4 shoots in total now for her - been fun - I've tried to keep out of the process from a direction perspective (Mostly!) as I see my bit as being just the guy with the camera and she needs to do most of the work - she is round tonight to go through the last 2 shoots and process them to her taste. Should be fun too!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3862 on: April 20, 2019, 12:12:17 PM »
A week in Devon with my family made me feel Great,  for a whole week!

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3863 on: April 20, 2019, 05:47:47 PM »
Can't beat family time - it's what you work for!  :tup:

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3864 on: April 20, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »
Can't beat family time - it's what you work for!  :tup:

Absolutely Oldboy. Best times. Home now and amazing how quickly things get back to normal. Hectic life!
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3865 on: May 05, 2019, 08:59:16 PM »
Yesterday (Again!) but went to Donington Park and got some nice shots.

One of which is this:

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline jinky

« Reply #3866 on: May 06, 2019, 08:54:02 PM »
Nice panning Anglefire

Offline anglefire

« Reply #3867 on: May 07, 2019, 06:08:32 AM »
Thanks Jinky - I used a monopod successfully for the first time - I have a new head that only rotates in two planes - up and down and left and right, rather than a ball head. And left and right is largely locked off as it rotates on the pod!

it wasn't that slow at 1/100" - but  was using my 300mm & 2x converter.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3868 on: June 05, 2019, 12:15:32 AM »
Seeing these photos:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7102623/No-cuckoo-nest-Dramatic-pictures-fearless-robin-taking-larger-bird.html

:o

Offline jinky

« Reply #3869 on: June 05, 2019, 07:31:04 AM »
Seeing these photos:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7102623/No-cuckoo-nest-Dramatic-pictures-fearless-robin-taking-larger-bird.html

:o

Fantastic photos - thanks for sharing Oldboy

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 58/0 jinky Last post July 07, 2020, 07:35:22 AM
xx Potato - ENTRIES 27/06-5/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 131/3 Jediboy Last post July 06, 2020, 08:32:12 PM
xx Drone General Discussion 331/15 jinky Last post July 06, 2020, 02:41:55 PM
xx 1Dx Mk3 DSLR Cameras 1396/22 jinky Last post July 06, 2020, 01:37:20 PM
xx Happiness is.... Entry Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 54/0 Jediboy Last post July 05, 2020, 02:13:42 PM
xx Happiness is.... Chat Thread 05/07/20 - 12/07/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Jediboy Last post July 05, 2020, 02:12:34 PM
xx POLL-LOUD International Weekly Comp Entries 252/4 Hinfrance Last post July 05, 2020, 08:17:39 AM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 593126/3913 anglefire Last post July 03, 2020, 08:24:05 PM