POLL - AccommodationOne to one tuitionWhat did you do with your...Weekly competition ENTRY ...Weekly competition CHAT t...weekly competition CHAT t...Weekly competition ENTRY ...Weekly Comp Entry thread ...POLL - Weekly Comp. DECAYWeekly Competition Chat t...Field Trip?IOTW submisiionsWhat annoyed you today?Macro photography and col...Weekly Competition - ENTR...Weekly Comp CHAT thread -...

Author Topic: What made you feel good today  (Read 401992 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: What made you feel good today
« Reply #3585 on: June 15, 2016, 11:33:21 AM »
When I first glanced the cyclists, I thought you'd shot yesterday's Naked Bike Ride in London. Very disappointed!

You mean you wanted to see them with all their accouterments hanging out!  :o

No, seen it before, but my Daughter and a friend participated, and we hoped to find some photos somewhere.

Is your Internet fully up and running again?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3586 on: June 15, 2016, 11:46:16 AM »
When I first glanced the cyclists, I thought you'd shot yesterday's Naked Bike Ride in London. Very disappointed!

You mean you wanted to see them with all their accouterments hanging out!  :o

No, seen it before, but my Daughter and a friend participated, and we hoped to find some photos somewhere.

Is your Internet fully up and running again?

Yes, thanks but no thanks to TalkTalk who sent me two letters last week informing me BT Openreach was doing some work in the exchange and I might lose my internet connection for a few hours.  ??? At least it proved my point that the problem was at the exchange which, I told the people in India's call centre dozens of time.  ::)

Online Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3587 on: June 24, 2016, 06:49:48 AM »
My house is worth 7% more in £s overnight. Kerching!

Seriously, if anyone thought that the lower rates of increased public spending under the current UK government was 'austerity' you are going to get the mother of all shocks when they do actually start cutting back. The national debt has trebled in less than 10 years as the last two governments have borrowed more than they could raise (now close to 90% of GDP). The cost of servicing that debt will now rise both because of exchange rates and the imminent sovereign debt ratings downgrade. Good luck with that, especially as the City will now lose trade to Frankfurt and New York.

Interesting times.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3588 on: June 24, 2016, 08:10:17 AM »
A notional 7% increase in your house value is a price worth paying for people who live in the UK.  It should help ameliorate  the plunge in French property prices, that's  if you can find a buyer with £'s  to hand over.  ;)

Offline krennon

« Reply #3589 on: June 28, 2016, 10:11:14 PM »
Woohoo got my new toy today, with the vouchers I won at work, I have treated myself to an Olympus OM D Em10 mk1 a 14-42 and a 40-150mm lens, 32gb Sandisk memory card, 2 spare oem batteries and a 37mm circular polariser and there still might be enough left over for the 45mm f1.8mm lens. I did check out the EM 10 mk2 but preferred the feel of the mk1 and there wasn't a lot of difference in the spec between the 2 to be honest. Ordered it on Sunday and it all arrived at work today. The camera came from the Camera Centre in Cardiff, the other bits pretty much came from that well known online website named after a rather large river/rainforest area. Can't wait to get out with it and see what it is like, what I can say is it feels lovely in the hand and the obvious weight difference between it and my Sony A350 is unreal, the omd really does seem to be a walk round all day with it round your neck unlike the bulkier slrs which are walk round for an hour & sit down for 1/2 an hour etc...  ;) Will hopefully get out with it very soon and upload some photos, already taken a couple of shots to try out the art filters and I love the look of them. The only thing I would have liked would have been a proper printed manual rather than a cd version but hey ho that goes for all cameras nowadays I guess to cut down on weight/shipping/raw materials e.g paper use etc....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3590 on: June 28, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »
The only thing I would have liked would have been a proper printed manual rather than a cd version but hey ho that goes for all cameras nowadays I guess to cut down on weight/shipping/raw materials e.g paper use etc....

I think cost is the important point!  ???

Woohoo got my new toy today, with the vouchers I won at work, I have treated myself to an Olympus OM D Em10 mk1 a 14-42 and a 40-150mm lens, 32gb Sandisk memory card, 2 spare oem batteries and a 37mm circular polariser and there still might be enough left over for the 45mm f1.8mm lens.

I can feel your excitement from here.  :tup:

I take it that everything is going great at home and your two girls are both doing well.  :tup:

Online Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3591 on: June 29, 2016, 08:13:31 AM »
Wonderful Keith. Looking forward to seeing some of the shots on here soon ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3592 on: June 29, 2016, 10:11:08 AM »
Look out Kingston Camera Club. You are about to be inundated with new pictures from an enthusiastic member!

Enjoy Keith.

Offline Beryl

• Woldlife & Poetry
« Reply #3593 on: July 01, 2016, 03:17:54 PM »
Getting my PC back from the shop
A true friend is the best possession

My Web site
http://berylladd.com/
Oh . And thanks for looking in

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #3594 on: July 01, 2016, 05:55:40 PM »
Finding Coots and other water birds in pools in the middle of Tenerife. A rare thing indeed here in The Canaries.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline krennon

« Reply #3595 on: July 02, 2016, 03:59:12 PM »
Hey all alas had to go to work this morning (double time for overtime doesn't come round very often so had to take advantage of that got a family holiday coming up so need some pocket money for that thank goodness for our National Trust membership that my father got for us for the year), and so will have to wait before I can get out there with the omd.

Just set up the basic shooting options (if anyone gets one of these the how to set it for raw &jpeg is on page 67 of the manual  ;)) , haven't linked it to the phone yet but will get round to that soon. just fired off a few test shots indoors just to try it out and it really does seem comparable to my Sony A350.  :tup: I would say the Olympus menu is somewhat quirky (more so than the other big boys) but I was aware of this before I bought it as I read so many reviews about it, they all seem to say pretty much the same thing that it's not that intuitive to start with but you soon get used to it.

Oldboy it's all good thank you  :tup:

Abers yep will be going back to club in September.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keithfransella/

"Everything in moderation including moderation" Oscar Wilde

Offline jinky

« Reply #3596 on: July 06, 2016, 12:33:06 PM »
Just starting the process of setting up my new Medion PC with lots more memory. First impressions are - whoa that windows 10 looks different. Loaded my free anti virus, taken off Mcaffee and now starting with Microsoft office, photoshop and lightroom and praying that my serial numbers work and I get it on ok as I cannot remember my adobe identity. Not too happy with the dvd /cd tray opening but guess i`ll get used to it.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3597 on: July 08, 2016, 10:53:29 AM »
Listening to the 1944 recording of Wagner's 'Der fliegende Holländer.'

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #3598 on: July 08, 2016, 12:50:25 PM »
Hearing soothing Peruvian music by the little pool
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3599 on: July 08, 2016, 05:31:09 PM »
Give me a Flying Dutchman, a turbulent ocean, creaking timbers, and wind whistling in the rigging anytime.
The excitement of a fight with the elements, must win hands down, over succumbing by a little pool.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Accommodation International Weekly Comp Entries 285/10 Hinfrance Last post Today at 07:22:58 AM
xx One to one tuition General Discussion 72/1 Jediboy Last post Today at 12:12:12 AM
xx What did you do with your camera today? General Discussion 1445/32 Jediboy Last post Today at 12:10:34 AM
xx Weekly competition ENTRY thread. ROOTS. 20th August-27th August 2017 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 kerry holt Last post August 20, 2017, 10:51:06 PM
xx Weekly competition CHAT thread. ROOTS. 20th August-27th August International Weekly Comp Entries 26/0 kerry holt Last post August 20, 2017, 10:46:42 PM
xx weekly competition CHAT thread. MUSHROOMS 13th Aug to 20th Aug International Weekly Comp Entries 114/2 anglefire Last post August 18, 2017, 10:46:57 PM
xx Weekly competition ENTRY thread MUSHROOMS 13th Aug to 20th Aug International Weekly Comp Entries 117/2 anglefire Last post August 18, 2017, 10:45:58 PM
xx Weekly Comp Entry thread - ACCOMMODATION International Weekly Comp Entries 240/7 Hinfrance Last post August 14, 2017, 02:20:41 PM