POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: E-mail within Elements  (Read 1995 times)

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
E-mail within Elements
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:05:32 PM »
Hi gang,

Anyone else with Elements (11 or other) had issues using the built in Adobe E-mail service??

I've edited, and tried to send results to a couple of e-mail addresses, including my own.

Set up seems fine - received a confirmation request to validate the e-mail account and it accepted the code just fine.

Tried to send a few e-mails one at at time, and the thing just whirs away without doing much at all.  Certainly haven't received the photo I sent myself.....

Anyone else have similar issues??  Shame -  as I rather like the built in e-mail prog on Ele 11 :-[

The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's ok with everyone else.....

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
Re: E-mail within Elements
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:42:55 PM »
Isn't it always the case that as soon as you've posted a plea for help, you find what you should have done in the first place...... :-X

Having said that, it wasn't easy to find.....

After processing the e-mail, and 'next' is hit for the last time, the e-mail is 'hidden' in a pull out menu bottom right hand side.  Just didn't see it!  Not logical or that intuitive to find.

Ok, so I've sent me e-mail ok, but I CANNOT change the 'Here is the file I would like to share with you' text - I can type over it ok in the box, but when sent, it reverts back to the original.

At least I've found the missing pull out to get it to work!!!! :-[ :-[ :idea: :idea:(light - bulb) {'despicable me' voice used}

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:15 AM »
Adobe software is full of completely illogical traps.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 09:05:35 AM »
I'm guessing as I've not tried it - but maybe once you've edited the text there's a Save button somewhere that you need to click before choosing Send.....
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 10:48:25 AM »
Adobe software is full of completely illogical traps.

Certainly the case with this built in Adobe e-mail service.

Having said that, I've been very impressed so far with with rest of the programme.  More than I expected from Elements, for sure.

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 11:34:19 AM »
I'm guessing as I've not tried it - but maybe once you've edited the text there's a Save button somewhere that you need to click before choosing Send.....

Checked it again this morning, but there's no 'save' button for the text.

I replace the 'Here's the photos I wanted to share with you' bizz, it stays there when I click 'Next' to go onto the next Layout page, and reverts back to what it was after pressing the 'Next' button again.  No save option anywhere that I can see.

I can delete the unwanted text when I get to the final e-mail send page, but can't type anything else there, despite the presence of font size, layout and text options available.

I've just tried to register the problem with Adobe.  I have NEVER seen a more complicated and flawed way to get set up on their forums.  E-mail verification for this that and the other, so much so that I hardly know what bit each e-mail verification refers to.  I've given up trying!!!!  Surely someone at Adobe could make the process more logical and simple?!!!!!! :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »
See reply #2 above.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 02:22:29 PM »

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 05:48:26 PM »
I've been given a solution of sorts from a user called 3,99 jon  on the Adobe Photoshop forum (which I did miraculously find again after the hiatus of the morning!!)

It's a fix around, not as complicated as it sounds, but will certainly do until Adobe sort:

"I think it’s some kind of scripting bug. But I did manage to find a work around using copy and paste. You first type your message into a word processing document. Then delete the Adobe stuff you don’t want shown in the Photo Mail message. Then click to add a smiley face which should appear in the body of the message. Go back to your wp document and highlight your text and press Crl+C to copy it. Go back to your message and select (highlight) the smiley face then use the message menu, to paste"

Offline donoreo

• Global Moderator
  • I cannot deny anything I did not say
    • donsmithphoto2011
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 06:28:13 PM »
Sounds like a lot of hassle.  Lightroom has the same functionality, but I just export the photo for email and then send it myself. 

Offline loveclose

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:13:59 PM »
Sounds like a lot of hassle.  Lightroom has the same functionality, but I just export the photo for email and then send it myself.

It's a bit of hastle - sounds worse than it really is and there are faster ways around it.

It's what to do if you want to send the photo in a frame within the e-mail service provided.

A simple e-mail attachement - I agree, not worth the hastle.

Offline Graham

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »

Yep, me too. :tup:
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 06:52:43 AM »
Ditto
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 39/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 120/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 217/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 268/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM