What made you feel good t...LIGHT IN SHADE .... CHAT ...My Favourite....POLLMY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...1Dx Mk3Macro/ Close Up PollLIGHT IN SHADE .... ENTRY...What annoyed you today?MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionPOLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...

Author Topic: New Serif comp ideas wanted.  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
New Serif comp ideas wanted.
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:06:38 PM »
OK, here we go again. 

I've managed (Hopefully) to get Serif to sponsor us with another prize, this time the latest PhotoPlus X5 to give away in a competition.  This will be our third competition in which they've very kindly donated the prize.  :tup:  So while it's winging its way to my door. 

Once again, I'm asking for ideas from the ground up, on how to best run the comp.   So please reply here with any ideas you might have.

Thanks  ;)

Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
Re: New Serif comp ideas wanted.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:27 AM »
Last one went ok did it not? or are you looking at doing something different ?
If its a theme your after then I suggest you or last comp winner picks the subject.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 06:03:48 PM »
Last one went ok did it not? or are you looking at doing something different ?
If its a theme your after then I suggest you or last comp winner picks the subject.

Thanks Alf.  Well yes it did, but was after some ideas to jazz it up a bit, and get more people interested.   ;)  When this PhotoPlus X5 one's finished I've hopefully got another one in the pipeline, some movie editing software up for grabs.  MoviePlus X6  8)

My Gallery

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 08:03:56 AM »
MoviePlus X6 is really excellent. Haven't tried the Adobe offering to compare it with, but I find it does everything and more I want for a movie editor.

Still thinking about the how to jazz up the comp bit :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »
Oops, might have to run the MoviePlus X6 comp first, as that's the software that's turned up at my door.   Just checking with Serif ATM just to see if this is correct, or whether PhotoPlus is on its way too.  I'll hold fire until I get a reply.  ;)

MoviePlus X6 is really excellent. Haven't tried the Adobe offering to compare it with, but I find it does everything and more I want for a movie editor.

Still thinking about the how to jazz up the comp bit :)

H, it does look pretty good to be honest.  I've not tried the full version myself, but does look easy to use like most Serif products.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 09:07:28 AM by admin »

My Gallery

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 583812/3907 Beaux Reflets Last post June 03, 2020, 03:33:59 PM
xx LIGHT IN SHADE .... CHAT thread 31st May - 7th June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 83/2 Hinfrance Last post June 03, 2020, 02:09:18 PM
xx My Favourite....POLL International Weekly Comp Entries 48/0 jinky Last post June 02, 2020, 12:48:15 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 130/4 jinky Last post June 02, 2020, 06:50:10 AM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 256/9 jinky Last post June 02, 2020, 06:49:27 AM
xx 1Dx Mk3 DSLR Cameras 1185/20 Oldboy Last post June 01, 2020, 10:19:27 PM
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 293/8 Beaux Reflets Last post May 31, 2020, 05:37:41 PM
xx LIGHT IN SHADE .... ENTRY thread 31st May - 7th June 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 52/0 Beaux Reflets Last post May 31, 2020, 11:15:36 AM