• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
aliexpress
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Cool video from an awesome photographer

Started by Rick Wilks, February 03, 2010, 12:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Wilks

This video is something I watch on a regular basis just to stop me from rushing into things like I've done all my life, It's photography based but can be interpreted in so many other ways. Hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZYlQ4Wv8lE

Verb

Fantastic video, it's left me with a lump in my throat

Graham

Thanks for posting, much appreciated.
                  Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

anglefire

I watched this last year when he was on Scott Kelby's blog.

Was good then
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Rick Wilks

Quote from: anglefire on February 03, 2010, 09:31:16 PM

Was good then

I didn't even know what a Dslr was when Zack made this..lol. Sorry if it's a well known vid everyone has already seen :doh: It's just had such a big impact on me I thought it might be worth posting.

Oldboy

Quote from: Rick Wilks on February 03, 2010, 10:41:43 PM

Was good then

I didn't even know what a Dslr was when Zack made this..lol. Sorry if it's a well known vid everyone has already seen :doh: It's just had such a big impact on me I thought it might be worth posting.

Don't worry we haven't all see it.  :tup:

Thanks for posting.  ;D

picsfor

Yes, it's been highlighted before, but it never stops being amazing!
Glad to have another watch

anglefire

Quote from: Rick Wilks on February 03, 2010, 10:41:43 PM

Was good then

Rick, I wasn't critising for it being posted again - I should have said "Was good then too" - rushing again. :)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Sometimes I worry about how many creative people appear to be depressives.  I think the two are very strongly linked.

Doesn't surprise me that this video resonate with a lot of photographers.
It's Guest's round

Sandy

anglefire

Quote from: Jonathan on February 04, 2010, 09:40:57 PM
Sometimes I worry about how many creative people appear to be depressives.  I think the two are very strongly linked.

Umm. That's me out then - cos I ain't creative :( and I ain't depressed :)

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Rick Wilks

Quote from: Jonathan on February 04, 2010, 09:40:57 PM

Found this interesting article online that talks about the link between depression and creativity

http://talentdevelop.com/articles/CTAAM.html

ABERS

Does that link between madness and creativity transfer itself to the purchasers of 'artistic creations' , i.e. £65 million for a bronze statue, or is it a just a manic preoccupation with greed and one-upmanship between the obscenely rich?

P.S. I resisted watching again the vomit inducing video from way back. ::)

picsfor

Quote from: ABERS on February 06, 2010, 08:09:44 AM
Does that link between madness and creativity transfer itself to the purchasers of 'artistic creations' , i.e. £65 million for a bronze statue, or is it a just a manic preoccupation with greed and one-upmanship between the obscenely rich?

You spend your time watching madness Alan (Speakers Corner) and try to find a way of understanding it through your pictures  :2funny:

Rick Wilks

Quote from: ABERS on February 06, 2010, 08:09:44 AM

P.S. I resisted watching again the vomit inducing video from way back. ::)

I'm finding that greed and one-upmanship (arrogance) isn't a trait found solely among the obscenely rich.

I hope everyone has a great weekend :tup:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.