• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80
  • Google
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reinardina

You seem to be followed by bad luck.

But there must be positive things occasionally?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Hinfrance

You just can't get the staff.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

spinner

Quote from: Oldboy on November 05, 2015, 05:27:54 PM
Took my D800 in for repairs due to a sticky button. The quote came back yesterday for £611.37!!!  :yikes:

I remember taking my D200 into Nikon for estimate on replacing the screen cover of the info display on the top of the camera. It was more than I paid for the camera (bought used).
Put celotape on it. Doesn't look pretty but still functions.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

spinner

Quote from: Reinardina on November 11, 2015, 05:01:31 PM
You seem to be followed by bad luck.

But there must be positive things occasionally?

Oh yes, I get to see my grand daughter everyday. Always a spirit lifter.
Ol' blue eyes

spinner

Quote from: Hinfrance on November 11, 2015, 07:30:05 PM
You just can't get the staff.

It makes me begin to question the quality and ability of the current workforce.  It never would have occurred to me 40 yrs. ago to question the knowledge of the tradesman
I was hiring.
Ol' blue eyes

Hinfrance

Epson printer. Again. No need to go into details, suffice it say it can see two wifi networks where there is only one, but doesn't respond to request from 'either' of them. Not that there are two, if you see what I mean.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

anglefire

All this talk of repairs and their costs on Nikon's is interesting - I'm a Canon man and have used Canon a few times to get stuff repaired etc and has always been a good experience - I use a repair form and it specifies limits on the cost or estimate required etc and they also have a list of standard repair costs - nearly always cheaper than 3rd party suppliers! http://www.canon.co.uk/images/UK%20RCC%20Service%20Costs_tcm14-1174182.pdf

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

SimonW

I was very favourably impressed by Canon some years ago when my seven year old Canon Ixus compact developed a fault and at their request their Glasgow agent repaired it, quickly and courteously, and completely free of charge, saying it might have been caused by a manufacturing error.

However, I'm even better pleased with Pentax. I've owned Pentax SLRS since the late 1960's, using them heavily for work and pleasure, and none has ever needed a repair. (The new owner of my K10D is still very pleased with it, as I am with the KS2 which replaced it this year).

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

anglefire

Insurance is a no go on my repair - below the excess :(

But sent the flash to Canon for an estimate before I realised the excess and came back in 24hrs of them receiving it that is is a fixed cost of £130 inc vat and returned UPS delivery.

I hadn't read the email correctly and thought I had to give payment details, and didn't have time to ring them before 4:45 yesterday to find out that I only pay when its fixed!

So now given the go- ahead and expect it back next week - being a CPS member does have its benefits at least!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

David Blandford

The metering on my  K50 has gone wonky and is now failing to work most of the time, Lucky it only 11 months old. God knows how long it going to take to get it back? :(

First time a Pentax has let me down in 20 years. :'(
still trying to paint with light!!

Hinfrance

Even here in La Belle where the customer is scum it only took two weeks for Pentax France to replace my K5, over the Christmas period (I had been sold one with one of the early dodgy sensors, thanks Sony™). So I would imagine that in the UK the service would be acceptable - keep us posted.

I know this is teaching granny to evacuate eggs, but have you made sure that all the contacts are clean on both the camera and lenses?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

David Blandford

We have to watch this space ! fingers crossed I get the camera back in time for the Lantern Parades and Christmas Markets.  ::)
still trying to paint with light!!

anglefire

In the wrong place really, but just to finish my WAMT - flash gun repaired and being couriered back for arrival on Wednesday.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

andydo

Forgetting how to post in this  group
:doh:
I WILL LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM, LOVE IT - KING KEV

Oldboy

Quote from: andydo on November 24, 2015, 06:24:29 AM
Forgetting how to post in this  group
:doh:

Just put a first class stamp on it and it shouldn't be a problem.  :P

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.