• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 90
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72
  • Google (2)
7ds
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

Stunning pictures of everything you don't want to see in Venice (except maybe the snow).

I hope it all gets sorted and you get to have some decent R&R.
It's a great place to test out a new camera and relax.

anglefire

Well not just today!

For some reason IE8 has started to not like to sometimes open new tabs and just freezes - and when navigating away from say facebook, just sits there and hangs until I hit the big red cross in the corner and then shut it down.

There is obviously something running from sites like FB which is not liked by my system, but I have no idea what it is that they use. The Java Addin I've disabled, so its probably not that.

I would change to safari or Chrome, but I use a program called Roboform for all my passwords and loggins - and it only works in IE or firefox.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

Then give Firefox a try.
It's all i use - even on my Windows 7 laptop. It's not perfect - but it does what it says on the wrapper!

Mick

Quote from: anglefire on December 30, 2009, 08:52:18 AM
Well not just today!

For some reason IE8 has started to not like to sometimes open new tabs and just freezes - and when navigating away from say facebook, just sits there and hangs until I hit the big red cross in the corner and then shut it down.

Mark I've been having this problem from day one running it on Vista 64 bit.  Seems to hang after a while when more than one tab is open.  Like you I have to just close the program.  Often just using the option to reload my last session brings me back to where I left off.  Some times it just hangs when I close a tab.  Does some really strange stuff at times.

I have none of these problems with IE8 running on XP though.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

Thanks Mick, its weird because it's been fine up til about 2 weeks ago (Could be more - time flies!)

Probably I've let something through (Or let the girls - who to be fair always ask when a prompt comes up!) off a website and that's causing it - but no idea what it is at the moment.

Oh well, safari works when IE doesn't. (I actually like it and use it on my MAC all the time!)
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

oRGie

have a look in task manager to see whats running, I use that and the cpu meter to work out if there is a programme running that has snuck in somehow.

spinner

The weather, in particular the lack of sunlight. My eyes are extremely sensitive to the lack of sunlight, due I believe to having had Laser eye surgery years ago. Right now this comp0uterr screen is blurry, my tv is blurry and forget trying to focus through a viewfinder.  >:( :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Alfonso_Frisk

Went down to the river mouth to take a few shots. Cripes it was cold, windy and snowing.
I had only picked up 1 glove on me way out. My right hand is still frozen 8hrs later.
good job I had me thermal leggings on.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

anglefire

Quote from: admin on December 30, 2009, 09:22:37 AM
Well not just today!

Mark I've been having this problem from day one running it on Vista 64 bit.  Seems to hang after a while when more than one tab is open.  Like you I have to just close the program.  Often just using the option to reload my last session brings me back to where I left off.  Some times it just hangs when I close a tab.  Does some really strange stuff at times.

I'm not sure if I've not improved the problem - I've changed the DNS server to the free Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) rather than the ISP auto one. Early days but does seem better!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

jimthetrain

After being up at half past four every morning this week for work including new years day I was looking forward to a good night out on new years night. Went to bed at four in the afternoon for a few hours so I wouldn't be dropping asleep later on and then spent all the evening throwing up and shivering. Went back to bed at ten and stayed there until this morning.  :( I 'll have to try again tonight  :beer:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

picsfor

Yours wasn't the body of a dead man found in Leyland then?  ::) :legit:

skellum

The dead man was right outside one of my friends house ( Jim knows them, Clare &  Wacker )

picsfor

Did think of you Dave when i saw the story. Wondered if you'd got or had any pictures of the event published.

Oldboy

Had some snow last night.  :tup: Only a thin dusting again.  :(

Watching the weather forecast last night and they say, this cold snap will last for at least two weeks.  :o

anglefire

Quote from: anglefire on January 01, 2010, 11:53:26 AM
Quote from: admin on December 30, 2009, 09:22:37 AM
Well not just today!

I'm not sure if I've not improved the problem - I've changed the DNS server to the free Google one (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) rather than the ISP auto one. Early days but does seem better!

Nope :(
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.