• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,414
  • Total Topics: 5,707
  • Online today: 129
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 141
  • Total: 141
aliexpress
Microphone Arm,Aokeo AK-4...Sennheiser Profile USB Mi...Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...

What annoyed you today?

Started by greypoint, August 13, 2009, 07:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

picsfor

I think i'm some what in agreement there.
i think you have a case under the Sales of Goods Act - the bit to do with what is a reasonable expectation from the goods you buy.
I'm thinking 5000 exposures from a camera body cleared to do around 100k is some what shy of the mark!

It's fair to say that Canon would have it back with a letter from my local trading Standards Office explaining their view on it as well!

jimthetrain

I was thinking of trying the canon route first as I'm in no rush to get it repaired with having the other body. Now the wife knows why we have to have two cameras. :2funny:
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

greypoint

Indecision... after lots of experimenting and thought have decided not to go down the fast prime route for the summer shows as you don't always have the option of getting where you want to be to get the pictures. So it's a fast zoom...on a budget....so, will it be Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 ....lightweight, lovely size and shape, fast AF....or Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 ....heavier but possibly more useful ...with added 2x later would make a good option for birding later on.......mmm...but that 50-150 is really nice and easy to hold....

jimthetrain

I've got a sigma 70-200 f2.8 and 1.4x convertor that I don't use any more, but realised that you use a nikon. ::)
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

greypoint

Well...I used to use Canon....but I sold my 40D before it broke :2funny:

Forseti

Quote from: greypoint on January 22, 2010, 12:15:36 PM
but I sold my 40D before it broke

So did I - in fact the successful ebay bidder collected it from me earlier this morning. At least it was still working when I parted with it.  :tup:
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

Oldboy

Another rubbish day, weather wise and it's going to be the same on Saturday and Sunday. Can't remember what the sun looks like!  :'(

Still went out in the rain and took some shots in Birmingham.  ;D

picsfor

Rain on Sunday? Not at Speakers Corner surely?

Nemesis

Partaking in the new motoring game of 'Puddle or Pothole' on each journey to and from work  >:(

Oldboy

Another dull murky day with no sun!  :'(

nickt

The government saying the recession is over. Don't these people live in the real world?
Nick

magicrhodes

Quote from: Nemesis on January 22, 2010, 07:57:11 PM
Partaking in the new motoring game of 'Puddle or Pothole' on each journey to and from work  >:(

Yup I play that every 100 yards with additional game of try stopping on the gravel after the pothole where the cheap fix failed. I think it needs a better name though

picsfor

Quote from: magicrhodes on January 26, 2010, 08:43:33 AM

Yup I play that every 100 yards with additional game of try stopping on the gravel after the pothole where the cheap fix failed. I think it needs a better name though
How about Pothole Puddle Martyrs?

Oldboy

Quote from: nickt on January 26, 2010, 08:07:14 AM
The government saying the recession is over. Don't these people live in the real world?
Nick

They were the same people who talked about deflation, but when you went to the supermarket all the prices had gone up by 10p to 60p or more.  :'(

magicrhodes

Quote from: picsfor on January 26, 2010, 11:23:19 AM
Quote from: magicrhodes on January 26, 2010, 08:43:33 AM

How about Pothole Puddle Martyrs?

Very well done Sir *stands up and applauds*  ;D

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.