• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 247
  • Total: 247
  • Google
  • Bingbot
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

DXO Optics Pro V6

Started by Malcolm1938, November 12, 2009, 12:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm1938

I was a regular user of DXO V4 then V5 when I used Canon Cameras and found it excellent. Then I upgraded to Olympus and found it did not support my new system. - Well they have just brought out V6 and a good selection of Olympus Cameras and lenses are now fully supported. If anyone was iin the same position as me they are providing cheap upgrades to the new version and if you've never tried it you can download a 31 day trial.
I dont work for them and I am not on commission - it's just a very nice program that many of you may like.

Admin - if this is to much like advertising please delete it

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young
Every day is a good day - if you wake up....

My Gallery

anglefire

"Upgrade" to Olympus - now there's an Oxymoron if ever I saw one!   :2funny:

I jest!  :tup:
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Jonathan

Quote from: CannOffice on November 12, 2009, 12:42:04 AM

Yeah, last thing we want is people sharing info about stuff they find useful :D.

Thanks for the info - I'll take a look at it.  I loved the results when I reviewed DxO but v4 was just way too slow for me to use every day.  Plus a little unstable on my machine.  But produced some of the most gorgeous files I've seen from my camera.
It's Guest's round

picsfor

tried to download trial version (which is v5) and run it.
Can not run it because apparently 4gb isn't enough!

So that's that one tried and passed over. Now i know who could make use of 16gb in the new iMac!

Jonathan

Before anybody (else) gets too excited....

QuoteDxO Optics Pro 6 is currently available only for Windows. If you are a Mac user, version 6 will be available in early 2010.
It's Guest's round

anglefire

I've jut downloaded it - and on the face of it, it looks stunning!

I shall play some more later!
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Malcolm1938

Quote from: anglefire on November 12, 2009, 07:26:47 AM
"Upgrade" to Olympus - now there's an Oxymoron if ever I saw one!   :2funny:

I jest!  :tup:

I know you jest but if you dont have vast sums to spend on top glass the kit lenses with the Olympus make it very much an upgrade.....

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young

My Gallery

anglefire

It's funny you say that, a friend of mine has an E1 (Think thats the right model) with what is I believe the kit lens, and he is always moaning that the images are not sharp. Which is more wierd by the fact that I know OllyPaul has one, or had one, and his images are stunning!

But yes, the Oly has a reputation of having good kit lenses.

To be fair, I've seen some stunning imagry with the canon 18-55 kit lens - but you have to know its weaknesses. Which is probably where the Oly (And Pentax?) score over Canon, if not Nikon.
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Mick

Quote from: CannOffice on November 12, 2009, 12:42:04 AM

No problem.  :tup: You should know me by now, I have no problem with links to legit software.  No big red button here.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

anglefire

The output does seem to me to be pretty damn good! Though I just had it crash on me - when processing some files to a different directory - it processed them ok, but dropped them in the original file folder, not the one that I asked it too. Which is not good and an obvious bug that shouldn't be there in released software!

Anyway, I've attached an example of the output, pretty much default settings. Big files though - about 2/3 larger than from ACR!

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Malcolm1938

Works fine on my copy - Beside Start Processing there is Show Output Settings Panel- click this then click the drop down menu button beside the default setting and set the output file.

I set mine to desktop and hey presto Jpg's on the desktop.

FKA CannOffice
Too old to die young

My Gallery

picsfor

i was able to down laod it and install it succesfully to the Vista laptop - which suffers a shortfall of a 13 inch screen.

Did have a quick play and was impressed with what i saw. Will have to wait to see it on a bigger screen which does its efforts much more credit.

anglefire

Quote from: CannOffice on November 13, 2009, 09:56:19 AM
Works fine on my copy - Beside Start Processing there is Show Output Settings Panel- click this then click the drop down menu button beside the default setting and set the output file.

I set mine to desktop and hey presto Jpg's on the desktop.

I changed the output to a subdirectory of the location of the RAW files - and it didn't put them there, but the original location - did it then crashed. I'll try again to see if its repeatable or a one off!

What does slightly irritate me is that the dust feature works absolutely fine - but when you zoom back out, the dust spot re-appears - though in the final output its gone!

I've not tried it yet, but I also like the virtual copies al la Lightroom. That could be useful.

Working out the correct version to get is not easy either - On the website is says what cameras I have I only need the standard version, but in the program module section it says I need the elite version!
Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

picsfor

It told me i needed the Pro version (5D Mk II) - i think it is working with the Digic iV as its base line where Canon are concerned.

anglefire

I must have misread the site when I did it the first time - I've just checked and I need the Elite version - at £139!

What does anyone think about the film pack? I;m just downloading the trial to see what it will do for me - but has anyone tried it or use it in anger?

Mark

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Current Bodies:
Canon 1Dx
Canon R3
Canon R5

Sold Bodies:
Canon 350D
Canon 1DMk3
Canon 5D
Canon 1Dx Mk3

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.