Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Hei Folkens  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Jan Hagen

Hei Folkens
« on: October 27, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »
Hello there

Good thing I was tipped off on this site, as I was getting tired of finding a good and not least active photography website. Hope this can be a fruitful and fun learning experience, both through looking at your pictures and receiving scrutinizing comments and feedback.

Some of you know me from DCM and I'm glad to see some of you oldtimers here. For those who don't know me I'm located in Flåm, Aurland County, on the west coast of Norway. I've had photography as a hobby before, and had the wonderful experience of attending a spring semester at Fortman Studios, Florence (1988). Did some more in Vancouver, Canada, and some film/ television, but moved back to Norway in '94. Two days after my arrival to Oslo, all my camera equipment was stolen and I didn't pick up the hobby again, until recently.

The photography world has changed a lot since the days of the darkroom and fiddling with rolls of film. It had its exciting moments, when images appeared on those white sheets and hopefully turned out ok this time. Today, I more or less have to start a whole new learning process. The digital photo world is huge and the options are more or less unlimited, but one still has to have the eye for an interesting image and good composition. I would still consider myself a novice or a huble student of photography. I'm trying to read up on various online and magazine tips, and look at what works with other photographers and their images.

I feel most comfortable with landscape pictures, as this gets me out and about, but I also like to work alone. I feel uncomfortable doing portraits, street shots or candids, where I feel I "trespass" on their privacy. It might come with the experience after a while and wanting to learn new areas, So that's why you'll see most landscape shots on my gallery.

I'm blessed to be living in a wonderful part of the world, as recognized by National Geographic Traveler.
http://traveler.nationalgeographic.com/2009/11/destinations-rated/intro-text
I only hope I can do this west coast and fjord area equal justice, as our thousands of world travellers get to see it.

Looking forward to this ride with you all.
Best wishes - Jan

Offline nickt

• nick.thompson photography
Re: Hei Folkens
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 04:27:55 PM »
Welcome to the site, Jan.

Nick

Offline greypoint

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:16:38 PM »
Welcome :tup:

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 05:30:34 PM »
Welcome Jan !
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 05:56:38 PM »
Welcome, Jan,

I went on Holiday to Norway in 2007 - and would love to come back - despite it being -7'C one morning - in August!

One of many shots taken whilst there!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2009, 06:01:15 PM »
Hi Jan, and welcome to CC.   :tup:  Any questions re: the site, just shout.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

skellum

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »
Welcome to the site ....... :legit:

Offline irv_b

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »
Hi Jan, welcome, looking forward to seeing your pics :tup:
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2009, 06:43:07 PM »
Good to see you here Jan.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Hybridphotog

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 07:05:27 PM »
Hi Jan. :)

Offline oRGie

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 07:12:57 PM »
Welcome to CC  :beer:

Offline jimthetrain

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 07:46:47 PM »
Yes, welcome Jan to CC  :tup:  The more the merrier.

jim
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
Welcome Jan.  :tup:

Offline bruno m

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:15:05 PM »
Glad to meet you here Jan.
Welcome !

Bruno

Offline Jan Hagen

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 09:38:57 PM »
Hei

Thanks a lot guys - a warm welcome!

I might be slightly daft or something, but I'm doing something wrong while trying to post photo's.
They don't appear in my own Landscape Gallery file, after I've closed a posting. The pictures are picked, descriptions written, etc., but nothing shows up. I've tried to find some answers, here and there, but only found on Forum posts. Any help .......?

Best wishes - Jan.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:13:43 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 58/2 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:05:53 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 210/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635214/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 42/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 180/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 218/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM