What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...TIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...Drone Potato Poll 27/06 - 06/07...

Author Topic: If you hate th LR recovery slider.....  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
If you hate th LR recovery slider.....
« on: October 20, 2009, 06:56:31 PM »
Here's how to fix it http://bit.ly/2mkHqX

It's Guest's round

picsfor

Re: If you hate th LR recovery slider.....
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 07:06:57 PM »
Interesting article - i must admit i'm an under exposer using the terminology as mentioned in the article.
Thanks for the heads up - down loaded and installed.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »
I'm afraid it's not just the recovery slider I hate about Lightroom, it's almost everything about it . . I'm sitting on my next software purchase until Bibble 5 comes out. I've already tried the pre-release version; it just seems to be taking this small Texas company forever to get the product to market.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

picsfor

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 08:45:39 PM »
took me several attempts to get the hang of it - but now i'm good with it.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »
It would also appear to be appropriate to Photoshop itself too.

Cheers!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2009, 07:20:44 AM »
Thanks for this link Jonathon, certainly seems to work according to a quick test but I have a load more to do later so will check it out more fully then.

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2009, 05:05:30 PM »
BTW - keep an eye on non skin tones if you use this.

Check the background in the fixed version - it looks like it has shifted from grey to brownish so you might be adding a little warmth here.
It's Guest's round

Offline Lifeboat1721

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 08:15:52 PM »
I prefer Lightroom to photoshop, the sliders make it a lot easier for me to work an image instead of having to move around in photoshop.

Ian
Support The RNLI, As you may need them one day...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8749230@N08/

Offline Forseti

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2010, 08:56:51 PM »
Opportune that this thread has been rejuvenated - these untwist profiles now appear in the Camera Calibration panel of LR3beta  -  anyone noticed?
Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »
Only now actually giving LR3 a real testing.

First plus observation is that when you go into develop and select the brush or gradient tool - you now have all sliders to play with instead of having to choose 1 at a time.
I'll have to look this one up a bit more to make a more considered comment.

Offline Oly Paul

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2010, 05:00:54 PM »
Only now actually giving LR3 a real testing.

First plus observation is that when you go into develop and select the brush or gradient tool - you now have all sliders to play with instead of having to choose 1 at a time.
I'll have to look this one up a bit more to make a more considered comment.

Picsfor, thats not new, you have alway been able to do that in LR2. :)
Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

picsfor

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 09:21:22 PM »
sorry, badly worded
I accept that each of the sliders can be used on the tools but you have had to work with one, then change the slider selection etc - which can be rather laborious and bring about an occasional accidental wrong click.
Now a box/ window opens similar to the brush size, feather and opacity but with all sliders present making it quicker to use and reduce the accidental wrong click.

Testing LR3 has helped me achieve a greater understanding of Lightroom but i'm still looking for that "must have feature".
I have now uninstalled LR3 Beta and will give the public release 30 day trial a go to see how the shipped version works as i need to concentrate with LR 2.6 in conjunction with my DAM project.
One project a time...

Offline Oly Paul

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 01:11:07 PM »
Hi Andrew, I'm still not following you, but then I have not tried LR3 as LR is not my favourite choice for DAM cataloguing and only gets used for the occasional raw conversion now.

This is possible in LR2 so what is the difference in LR3, just curious. :)

Regards Paul
One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am.

http://www.pbase.com/paulsilkphotography

Offline Forseti

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
Count me amongst those not sure what you're getting at here Andrew  :'(

LR3_beta screenshot:

Canon 7D,  Canon SX1 IS, EF100 f/2.8 USM Macro, EF70-200 f/4 L IS USM, EF17-40 f/4 L USM, Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, Canon Speedlite 580EX MkII

"Everyone can take a great picture with digital, the knack is to take two" - David Bailey

picsfor

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 06:32:48 PM »
there you go - i've learned something new today! My LR was configured with the switch set the opposite way given a totally different view.
Us Bumpkins can be fairly dense sometimes  ??? :doh:
So, now we have that out of the way - even less reason to upgrade to LR3  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 634735/3970 Jediboy Last post Today at 09:43:05 AM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 19/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 166/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 135/2 jinky Last post July 30, 2020, 12:58:25 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 206/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM
xx TIME OUT. Entry thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 165/3 Oldboy Last post July 27, 2020, 10:17:12 PM
xx Horizons CHAT thread 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 85/1 anglefire Last post July 27, 2020, 08:49:22 PM