POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: New version  (Read 5938 times)

Offline Karen

New version
« on: December 08, 2007, 11:19:09 PM »
This is on my Xmas list. I've used PSP since I started and the new version has some really lovely touches to it. I have tried out the demo and now looking forward to my new copy dropping on the mat.  :)

guest4

Re: New version
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 12:15:23 AM »
For those interested in having a go Digital SLR User mag has got a 60 day trial disc with it this month. Thats twice as long as the one you can get off the Corel website. There's also a bit of a tutorial booklet with it too.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 11:41:53 PM »
Thanks for that info, might just give it a try.  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline spinner

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 04:25:22 PM »
Ok, I know this is an old topic, but I've found some old software, so here's my question. Anybody who's used the 'new' version of PSP tell if there are any advantages over Version 9? Reason I ask, is I was going through some old discs and found I had PSP 9 and wondered if it was worth trying it out on Windows 7 Beta.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 05:12:35 PM »
I had some real problems getting the new version to install on a friends computer. There are some issues with video drivers. It took 3 goes to get some drivers that the latest version of PSP liked for some reason but this was on XP. It works fine now and she likes it.

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 06:35:18 PM »
I've used PSP since it was shareware and still love it. Currently using Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, having upgraded from 9 to get RAW support. Haven't felt any need to upgrade to the "New" Ultimate - which must be over a year old by now?

I used to make great use of the drawing and text tools, but not so much these days. They are incredibly powerful though, and if you need such things it would be a major reason to choose PSP rather than Elements.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline spinner

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 02:05:54 AM »
I bought my daughter Elements 7. Played around with it a bit, don't like it. I've got a new video card for the Windows 7 beta machine. Once i get that sorted I'm going to give PSP 9 a go.
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 10:43:20 AM »
Is the new PSP 16 bit? I use Serif Photoplus X3 which has a 16 bit mode, essential imho for decent mono conversions. But I use Elements 6.0 for almost everything else. I do have Elements 7.0, but prefer 6.0 on the whole. I've tried to get to grips with Lightroom, but so far I just find it to be a slightly more wizzy Picasa type of application with many annoying limitations, inconsistent UI, and bloatware in the first rank. And a price that is infinitely higher.

On the other hand, Bibble 5 looks like it might be worth a trial when they finally release it.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Geoff I

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 11:03:24 PM »
I bought this program during the black friday week at Amazon, I think I picked it up for £32 a real bargain for the Ultimate edition, it comes with Nik Efex Pro 3, and the filters are really cool, what I do like about Paintshop Pro X4 is that it works the same way as Photoshop with the layers so it makes using the program quite easy for me, the only down side I find with Paintshop Pro is there are hardly any book tutorials so you can get the best out of the program.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 11:54:23 PM »
I bought this program during the black friday week at Amazon, I think I picked it up for £32 a real bargain for the Ultimate edition, it comes with Nik Efex Pro 3, and the filters are really cool, what I do like about Paintshop Pro X4 is that it works the same way as Photoshop with the layers so it makes using the program quite easy for me, the only down side I find with Paintshop Pro is there are hardly any book tutorials so you can get the best out of the program.

Here you go: http://my.safaribooksonline.com/book/-/9781435460577

There are plenty of youtube videos on Paintshop Pro X4. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Qzx5G-Nhc   ;D

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, 08:28:39 AM »
A shameless add from me while on the subject of books, Paintshop Pro X4 Books

I Haven't used Paintshop pro for years, well not since x  ;)
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
Sounds like you got a real bargain there - the Nik software costs an arm and leg just on it's own.

I had a look at the Amazon black Friday pages from time to time - I couldn't work out how to get it to show things I was interested in rather than pages of dross. I had emails saying x or y was available, but when I clicked the link neither x nor y was anywhere to be found. Very frustrating, gave up after a few goes.  :o :(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Geoff I

• CC Regular visitor
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 02:40:49 PM »
As soon as the programs went up, Corel Paintshop pro x4 and Adobe Photoshop Elements10 they were sold out within the hour, all the items had a timer on them so if the timer run out as well thats your chance gone, they had some TV's up for grabs but I think the timer must of been only for 30 seconds.

I got Photoshop Elements 9 last year and I thought I would give Paintshop a chance this year.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 46/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 223/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM