POLL - Song Title SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22...SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-2...HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...

Poll

How often do you use your camera?

Almost daily - I'm addicted
6 (17.1%)
Several times a week
17 (48.6%)
A  few days a month
3 (8.6%)
only when i go for a day out
0 (0%)
Not as often as I'd like
9 (25.7%)
Just once - then I spend my time analysing how noisy the results are
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: The weekly poll - camera useage  (Read 2314 times)

Offline greypoint

The weekly poll - camera useage
« on: September 23, 2009, 08:04:37 AM »
Are you an addict? Do you get withdrawal symptoms when you can't go out shooting? Or do you mainly take carefully planned photo outings and then put the camera away until next time?

Offline alan1572

• I'll do it tomorrow
Re: The weekly poll - camera useage
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:10:19 AM »
the missus and i try to get out to a national trust site at least once every 2 weeks and for the first time i took my d300 on holiday instead of my point and shoot, but like alot i don't use it as often as i'd like :(
Who wanted dry roasted with their pint?

Offline hevans

• Sigh....why me again??
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 10:20:07 AM »
I would appear to be in good company: not as often as I'd like.  :(

Usually, it's only a day every month or so now.  >:(

Although I will be going on a one day studio course on the 10th Oct.  Any advice gratefully received!

H.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »
Every day if I can. When we have bad weather like July and I don't go out for a couple of days, I get the urge to go out regardless. I think of all the shots I might be missing and can't wait to go out again.  ;D

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 10:38:50 AM »
Although I will be going on a one day studio course on the 10th Oct.  Any advice gratefully received!

Yeah - don't look at the lights and hit the test button to see if they are working......
It's Guest's round

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 10:45:46 AM »
I usually go out when I think I've exhausted the possibilities from my last day out. If there are events in town that I think will be interesting and fruitful it could be as much as 4-5 times a month.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:53:52 AM »
I take a cameras of some sort just about everywhere with me. I got fed up with all those 'I wish I had a camera on me' moments, so now I try to remember to take at least the compact with me everywhere. As I don't have a mobile 'phone (well at least I am the owner of one, but haven't actually been able to locate it for over a month now) the option of taking snatched shots with such a device is not an option for me.

Frankly, I'll take photographs of just about anything.  :-[
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Nemesis

• CC Regular visitor
    • A Few Snapshots
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
I am presuming the plural of camera applies - otherwise my vote is invalid ;)

Offline magicrhodes

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 11:07:01 AM »
the missus and i try to get out to a national trust site at least once every 2 weeks and for the first time i took my d300 on holiday instead of my point and shoot, but like alot i don't use it as often as i'd like :(

That's because you are too busy setting arcade records  :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »

That's because you are too busy setting arcade records  :2funny: :2funny:

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline spinner

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:36:21 AM »
I keep a camera in my truck. Unfortunately, the cost of gas has me driving the wife's VW most of the time.  ??? So I've missed a lot of opportunities. :'(
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline magicrhodes

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:14 AM »
I keep a camera in my truck. Unfortunately, the cost of gas has me driving the wife's VW most of the time.  ??? So I've missed a lot of opportunities. :'(

Surely perfect justification for another camera (and lenses to go with it!), using the money that you are saving the planet with you can get another camera. Obviously you have to leave one in the truck because you could miss the picture that makes you millions... ultimately not only you are saving money by buying a new one but you are always ready for THE shot that brings in the money!  8)

Offline Sarasocke

• my flickr
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 11:48:04 AM »
I presume only one vote was possible. I voted for a couple of times a week, but not as often as I would like would also fit.

I must read the local paper more often to see what's going on around me.
Carol aka Sarasocke 
My Gallery

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 01:45:38 PM »
I voted for the several times a week - but often its work stuff - so is often only record shots - still use my 5D though - its the nearest thing I have to a P&S!

Having said that I am going on pre-planned events just about every weekend in October - from a Studio shoot to rallycross and sporting trials to a Dinner.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

picsfor

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 06:26:37 PM »
I carry a camera almost every where with me.
Never sure when a picture is gonna come along. Never sure what i'm gonna be doing half the time.

The amount i actually take varies from day to day and week to week - but i averaged it out to several times a week.
Am i sad? Maybe but at least i have fun with it and i have something t show for my efforts.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 263/5 Jediboy Last post September 16, 2019, 10:49:12 AM
xx SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 34/0 jinky Last post September 16, 2019, 10:00:15 AM
xx SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 53/0 jinky Last post September 16, 2019, 09:59:37 AM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 117/4 anglefire Last post September 16, 2019, 07:17:49 AM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 855/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 326/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2827/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM