POLL - Song Title SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22...SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-2...HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...

Author Topic: Pie, wet fish or baseball bat  (Read 1671 times)

Offline greypoint

Pie, wet fish or baseball bat
« on: September 22, 2009, 07:45:46 AM »
The thread to vent your spleen on those people in the news who are irritating, annoying or just plain bad! I suggest a sliding scale - pie in the face for the mildly irritating or pompous - slap with a wet fish for the really annoying - and full on baseball bat for really bad ones. There could be a monthly winner - the person in the news who's hacked off the most people :2funny:

Offline Oldboy

Re: Pie, wet fish or baseball bat
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 08:04:51 AM »
Sounds good to me so I'll go first, Jordan/Katie Price. Who wants to know about her sordid life and the claim she was raped, but won't reveal the name? I'm not interested in her life and don't want it spread across the front pages. So, it's a baseball bat at least!  >:(

Offline greypoint

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 08:14:30 AM »
Well, I thought after he retired from front line politics I'd be safe from the 'make your blood pressure rise' antics of Two Jags - but no - now he's off jetting across the world lecturing all and sundry on his new found zeal for the environment. This from the man who used an official car to travel 100 yards so Pauline's hair would'nt get messed up. And we're still suffering from his 'concrete the county' housing plans locally - having built the houses and granted planning permission for thousands more, the government's decided to change it's mind over upgrading the infrastructure to cope and we're left with the consequences. So it's a pie for being a pompous arrogant pillock and a baseball bat for being a total %$^&*!"£*& :D

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »
A chap called Rabinder Singh QC representing one Baha Mousa (deceased) who in an opening statement of an enquiry inferred that the British Army was "rotten to the core".

Whilst there are contraventions of the Geneva convention in all conflicts with some loose cannons, this is about as insulting as you can get. I wonder if he would like to repeat the statement on the streets of Wootton Basset as the coffins of those killed in action go by.

Pass a rather large bat please. >:( >:( >:(

Offline magicrhodes

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »
I for one have to go with Bat for Price... it would appear she has set the "Rape cause" back about 50 years with her "story." She is behaving absolutely shamelessly and if it wasn't a complete and total waste of police time she should be interviewed and if necessary, and there is evidence, she should be made to take the case further or be charged with fabrication... This story has done no one any good.

Second bat is for the BNP who are currently running round the poorest areas of Barnsley (one of the whitest towns in the UK 99% at last count) spreading lies so they can get into power in the council. It is the politics of fear and it is not on!

Offline Darren1978

• CC Regular visitor
    • Darren Faulkner Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 08:54:24 AM »
I'm with Oldboy...definitely got to be Katie Price/Jordan or whatever else she wants to be known as (I can think of a few others, but best not mention them on here  ;)).

Nobody gives a hoot what she gets up to in her life, plus....why make claims of being raped and reporting it in the papers and making a big fuss of it, if your not going to name names???  Who would want to make a big deal of being raped in the first place?  Not many I should think.

She should just shut up and keep her personal life to herself  >:(

Nearly forgot, she'd get a baseball bat as well!!!

**Ahhhh, that feels better  ;D **

picsfor

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 09:10:30 AM »
Katie Price and Heather Mills both require a fish slapping, pie in the face and baseball bat to compound the misery for constantly failing to understand that nobody wants to know.
Worse is that both women seem to think their version of events is the correct one no matter how at odds they are with the facts.

Wonder if we could get them to appear at Speakers Corner? ::) ::) ::) ::)
The pictures of the Hecklers would keep Abers in work for years  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline oRGie

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 10:24:05 AM »
I must say I felt the same about the katie/jordon coverage, really who cares, but actually thinking about it I dont blame her for the coverage, the media are giving her the stage, like some freak show, egging her on to be more and more outrageous. I guess at the end of the day the media must be selling copies otherwise they wouldnt use her story and the media have a favourite trick of setting people up for a fall, the higher they can push a persons profile the more it sells when they catch her doing something they can damn them for later.

picsfor

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »
nope - can't agree with you on that one.

First time i ever saw Kate was on the Frank Skinner show. She made it quite clear then, and interviews since, being media savvy is her particular skill and is the method by which she earns her living.
As such, i take it she goes with the Richard Branson philosophy - "there is no such thing as bad publicity".
For her publicity means coverage, which in turn results in requests for appearances and interviews etc, which in turn means revenue.

She is earning money by "living by the sword"...

Offline hevans

• Sigh....why me again??
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:24 PM »
She is earning money by "living by the sword"...

While I agree with your comments concerning her media savviness, I think it's time for her to fall on her sword...

H.

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 11:22:26 PM »
PRICE and KATONA  both need the baseball bat.

Baroness SCOTLAND as well for breaking the law, i have 54 staff at work and i have photocopies of ID that shows eligibility to work in the UK its a basic requirement and she failed.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
And don't forget Scotland's fraudulent expenses claims amounting to £170k over five years . . 'bout time she did some time.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 204/5 Jediboy Last post Today at 10:49:12 AM
xx SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 18/0 jinky Last post Today at 10:00:15 AM
xx SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 33/0 jinky Last post Today at 09:59:37 AM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 104/4 anglefire Last post Today at 07:17:49 AM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 823/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 162/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 307/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2774/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM