What annoyed you today?What made you feel good t...POLL - Something good, We...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly C...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly ...Poll - Stuck at HomeJoke of the day ENTRIES Stuck at Home 17...CHAT -Stuck at Home 17-22...LIQUID- POLLLIQUID - Chat thread week...LIQUID - Entry thread - w...Tool Time PollPhoto show at the Nec - p...

Author Topic: The Ultimate Photography Opportunity - a light discussion  (Read 1223 times)

picsfor

The Ultimate Photography Opportunity - a light discussion
« on: September 05, 2009, 01:08:37 PM »
This is more a piece of fun, but i'm curious, given the opportunity what would you most like to photograph?

For me it is the Komodo Dragon.

Never tire of seeing these things in print or on tv. But photographing it?

It can out run me, will happily kill me and eat me with out a second thought and do so in the slowest most painful manner imaginable (so i've read). Oh yes it has a tail that can knock me off my feet with a single swipe and talons/ claws that will disembowel me in a stroke. Not recommending one of these for a pet you understand - but to photograph?

Maybe that's the challenge - getting the picture and getting out with my life to show for it. Now where's Austin Stevens when you need a madcap photographer?

skellum

Re: The Ultimate Photography Opportunity - a light discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 02:06:27 PM »
I used to live in Southern Africa in my youth and didnt own a camera so I would like to go back to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and the top of Table mountain........ :legit:

Offline Sandy

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 10:17:59 AM »
I would like to have another go at taking geysers and hot pools photos in Yellowstone. I went there in August this year and after looking at the photos Iam sure I could do better.

Sandy

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Four bodies and some lenses. :)
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 01:35:46 PM »
I'd like to take pictures of animals in the wild - elephants, tigers, lions etc.

The zoo's and safari parks are good - but it must be better in the wild?

----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline oRGie

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 03:03:49 PM »
Call me a space cadet, but I would love to go up in a high altitude plane and take pics of the earth  8)

picsfor

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2009, 09:29:13 AM »
were i not afraid of flying - that might have been somewhere at the top of my list as well  :(

Offline Bingo

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
Got to agree with Sandy Yellowstone  :tup: …watched the documentary series earlier this year on telly and thought the place was stunning especially in winter.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 01:28:51 AM »
Got to agree with Sandy Yellowstone  :tup: …watched the documentary series earlier this year on telly and thought the place was stunning especially in winter.

And that chap had the job of clearing the snow from the roof!  :o

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 591895/3924 Oldboy Last post April 02, 2020, 06:25:36 PM
xx What made you feel good today General Discussion 570594/3895 Oldboy Last post April 01, 2020, 10:38:32 AM
xx POLL - Something good, Weekly Competition International Weekly Comp Entries 87/0 Jediboy Last post March 31, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp CHAT thread International Weekly Comp Entries 371/13 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:12:04 AM
xx SOMETHING GOOD - Weekly Comp ENTRY thread International Weekly Comp Entries 158/5 Hinfrance Last post March 30, 2020, 09:08:37 AM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp ENTRY THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 30/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:22:41 PM
xx HOME AND GARDEN - Weekly Comp CHAT THREAD International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:21:27 PM
xx Poll - Stuck at Home International Weekly Comp Entries 212/3 Jediboy Last post March 29, 2020, 02:16:30 PM