POLL - Song Title HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...Anything Goes Poll 4-11th...Anything Goes - Chat Thre...

Author Topic: PhotoRadar - latest news?  (Read 1312 times)

picsfor

PhotoRadar - latest news?
« on: September 01, 2009, 11:36:47 AM »
I quickly entered in the url this morning expecting a new whizzy almost fault free site and found...

The beta front page.

I then done a quick check on DCM - and it was still there and still being visited by - well a few people.

Does any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

I'm just being curious - as i seemed to recall some info that it would be live for September- i did i miss the "which September" part of the message?

Offline Oldboy

Re: PhotoRadar - latest news?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 11:54:15 AM »
The launch of PhotoRadar has been put back-no surprise there then!  :-X

picsfor

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 11:59:02 AM »
so i did miss the "which september" part of the announcement then!

Hybridphotog

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:36 PM »
Shamelessly copy/pasted from the "Update" post, which was posted on the 25th of last month..:
Going live
Q. When will PhotoRadar go live?
A. When we’re happy that all the launch-critical work has been completed satisfactorily. We expect this to be in the first week of September.
In other words, the site will be finished when it's finished. In the meantime, here's some music.

Offline Graham

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 05:20:28 PM »
  I'm still shuffeling around on the DCM site and do you know what? The scumbags have turned the heating off! >:(
  If anyone has any old pallets I can burn I'd be very grateful!
                                                     Graham.
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. 

My Gallery
My Flickr Pics

Offline Damon

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 05:21:38 PM »
IDoes any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

Does any one care anymore? ??? :-\
Damon.

Offline oRGie

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 05:39:30 PM »
Gave up caring about DCM a long time ago ;)  they never appreciated the users who made the site what it was, they never showed any support in moderating or updating and just spammed the site with ad's soon as they could, something they would not have been able to do without the users providing content that brought in the hits..

Offline Spiritflier

• My Flickr
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 06:26:54 PM »
IDoes any one have any news on what is actually happening to those sites?

Does any one care anymore? ??? :-\

In a word... NO!  :)

Offline Jonathan

• PeopleByRyan
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
Amy's on some kind of European tour at the moment.  I suspect Rach is with her.  That would leave them short handed for a launch ATM.
It's Guest's round

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »
Apparently the Lumix event is on in Berlin, nothing like a good jolly when things are requiring some work.

Wait and see the 'inside stories' they will claimed to have uncovered when they get back.  A quick flip through the press releases in Bath would have uncovered the same info.

Still all those canapes, the wine and the evening events for the press would be hard to resist, plus the "I rubbed shoulders with Baily on the Olympus Stand, and nearly wet myself".

Hope Amy visits all the tripod manufacturers just in case there's a new way of erecting any of them. ;)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »

Hope Amy visits all the tripod manufacturers just in case there's a new way of erecting any of them. ;)

I have problems with erections..............................on tripods!  :-[  :2funny: :legit:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 167/3 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 86/3 jinky Last post September 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 809/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 298/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2761/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM
xx POLL - School International Weekly Comp Entries 82/0 Jediboy Last post September 03, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
xx School - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 199/4 Jediboy Last post September 02, 2019, 10:39:51 PM