POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Diversity: a range of different things ...  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Diversity: a range of different things ...
« on: April 20, 2018, 09:41:48 AM »
There was a time, when a relatively large number of members posted their best efforts on the site. It made for variety, and a lot of different photographs to look at.

These days that number has dwindled to single figures, as has the number of subjects.

I have been trawling recent uploads, to find a replacement for the 'Inspiring image,' but only found lots of similar images, none of which really jumped out to catch my eye.

To add a bit of variety, I posted some of my volunteer photos, which were not really meant for publication, they are merely 'for the record.'

All of you must have photos that might not have been taken with a view to publishing on the site, they may not be your best, but could we see them anyway?

Diversity is one of those buzz words, but it would not come amiss here.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline StephenBatey

• Keep calm and carry on buying large format cameras
    • stephenbatey/
Re: Diversity: a range of different things ...
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 02:28:04 PM »
I don't normally bother with allo the resizing and what have you needed to upload photos, but I have now put three different photos into my gallery as a direct response to your post.

I don't worry about details like what lens was used, so my comments are vague as to lens. I have tried to choose three different snapshots from this year to reflect some diversity.  :)

Offline northenderdave

• Northenderdave
    • Lancashire Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 03:21:17 PM »
I have uploaded a few recently but here is one from this morning that came about with me experimenting with some new equipment.  " Frank Zappa and Insanity Sauce "

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 04:11:14 PM »
I have uploaded a few recently but here is one from this morning that came about with me experimenting with some new equipment.  " Frank Zappa and Insanity Sauce "

Well, that is very diverse with a touch of Andy Warhol about it.  :o

Welcome back Dave.  :tup:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 06:30:08 PM »
It's good to see different photographs. I got really tired of the same old, same old images.
I even put on an archive shot (Rule of turds) which I came across while searching for something else. Another animal shot, but different. Would not normally have uploaded it, but I could not resist it, as it fitted in so nicely with the competition.

Offline jinky

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
I mainly do holiday shots and our grand-daughter these days which I assume will be of little interest to others. I keep meaning to push myself on the weekend comp and do something  from a "from an idea " perspective but  never seem to have the time or inclination. I`ll pop up a few of my last trip that are more on the creative side than holiday snaps.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 08:17:54 AM »
I mainly do holiday shots and our grand-daughter these days which I assume will be of little interest to others. I keep meaning to push myself on the weekend comp and do something  from a "from an idea " perspective but  never seem to have the time or inclination. I`ll pop up a few of my last trip that are more on the creative side than holiday snaps.

There's nothing wrong with travel shots taken with care. Same goes for grand-daughters.

I have (sadly) had no inclination to pick up the camera at all, lost all interest. Only do my weekly 'for the record' shots of my volunteer group.

I do however regularly pop into CC, in the hope the bug will return, and I am happy that, today at least, the front page shows a variety of subjects/images. 

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 123/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 174/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 220/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM