STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for STREETSTREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: Field Trip?  (Read 3134 times)

Offline David Blandford

• David Blandford Photography
Field Trip?
« on: August 01, 2017, 10:21:37 PM »
Would there be any interest in a social photo shoot in Southampton? I thinking we could meet up have a walk around the Old walls etc and then go for a drink and chat.  I appreciate this will only be of interest to people that are local but feel it is worth asking the question.    :legit:

still trying to paint with light!!

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Field Trip?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 05:40:04 PM »
It's on my home turf, but I seem to have lost almost all interest in photography.

Just back from a lovely and swelteringly hot Vienna, where I enjoyed several days in town without the camera. So much more relaxing!

Would the old walls manage to rekindle my enthusiasm? If I were the only other participant, I would definitely spoil the fun. Are there more takers, so I can hide in a group?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline StephenBatey

• Keep calm and carry on buying large format cameras
    • stephenbatey/
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 10:16:34 PM »
I'm only an hour or so away so depending on commitments, timing etc. I could be interested. BUT - I do prefer to use large format film, and that's probably not very sociable as I can take up to half an hour before deciding that I wouldn't be fully satisfied with the result and move on to the next scene.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 09:37:43 AM »
I haven't watched a photographer use a large format camera for decades, and would be fascinated. Would make me feel even more of an amateur though, as I 'crashed' my four thirds camera, and had to fall back on my old Sony bridge.

There is a grave risk, I would be more interested in photographing a photographer at work, than the Walls. I suppose this might be rather a distraction, and possibly too intruding.

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 06:17:31 PM »
It's only a distraction and intrusion to me if you come under the dark cloth with me to photograph the ground glass  ;D

I normally carry an exposed sheet of film so I can explain to those who ask about the camera - it's a normal occurence.

Large format cameras are arguably the easiest cameras to use, as everything is obvious and direct.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 06:38:03 PM »
It's only a distraction and intrusion to me if you come under the dark cloth with me to photograph the ground glass  ;D

I normally carry an exposed sheet of film so I can explain to those who ask about the camera - it's a normal occurence.

Large format cameras are arguably the easiest cameras to use, as everything is obvious and direct.

I'm old fashioned, and never go under a dark cloth with someone I have just met! (And I would not want want to frighten you to death.)

Offline StephenBatey

• stephenbatey/
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »

I'm old fashioned, and never go under a dark cloth with someone I have just met!

;D

Offline David Blandford

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2017, 02:32:55 PM »
If we ever organise a trip I am guessing that a photographer using a large format camera could feature in a lot of shots!!! :doh:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2017, 04:10:47 PM »
If we ever organise a trip I am guessing that a photographer using a large format camera could feature in a lot of shots!!! :doh:

Definitely in mine!

As you started the topic, it is over to you to organise it. With this select trio, of one photographer photographing medieval walls, and two photographing a man hidden under a dark cloth. Might be very interesting.

Or you can wait, to see if other people want to join in the fun.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 05:26:36 PM »
Depending what date this is set for and again depending on price i may jump on a train from Bristol for the day, will have to wait and see what is planned.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline David Blandford

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2017, 07:31:34 PM »
Ok, I work out some dates, I guess a weekend would suit most people best ?

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »
Retired so weekdays are fine.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline David Blandford

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2017, 09:07:21 PM »
I need to check my shifts at work , and speak to my wife and ask about a pass for the day !   :legit:

She's an angel really and may even tag along with her camera. :tup:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »
Depending what date this is set for and again depending on price i may jump on a train from Bristol for the day, will have to wait and see what is planned.

Would be nice if you could come Jeff. I don't travel by train often, but I have paid top dollar to get to Sheffield, but also managed to get a £15, or was it £5?, return ticket to the Home Counties. Probably a question of luck. Or knowing your way around websites, which I don't, as I do not travel by train much. I often prefer National Express, but that may mean a very early start!

Weekdays are fine by me too.

I need to check my shifts at work , and speak to my wife and ask about a pass for the day !   :legit:

She's an angel really and may even tag along with her camera. :tup:

You have to ask your wife for a pass for the day?????   ;D

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2017, 10:25:46 AM »
With the trains Reinardina, the further away it is date wise from the day you book the cheaper it tends to be, Jan is paying £21.95 return in September as it is booked now (on a Saturday), cheaper than driving and then trying to park.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 177/5 Jediboy Last post Today at 11:55:14 AM
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 186/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 233/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 74/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 28/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 290/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 271/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM