STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollRFELCTIONS - Chat Thread...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice house

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 1508 times)

Offline spinner

Thanks
« on: October 13, 2016, 07:22:00 AM »
Not to be a bummer.  Dropping by to thanks. I've enjoyed this site immensely the help and camaraderie is the best.

I've been inactive of late. Simply because I am now bedridden with stage 4 stomach cancer. No timeline but is extremely aggressive and can't be treated. I likely won't see the New Year. I post this now as might not have the strength for later.

I am NOT depressed, despondent or otherwise, I am at peace surrounded by family & friends. Goodbye my C.C. friends.

And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

Offline jinky

Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 07:40:07 AM »
So sorry to read this news. I nearly posted "Anyone heard from Abers and / or  Spinner recently " yesterday and thought better of it as you never know what is happening with people. Wishing you peace / comfort surrounded by your loved ones. It`s been a pleasure virtually knowing you,
Paul

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 07:58:43 AM »
So sorry to read this news. Wishing you peace / comfort surrounded by your loved ones. It`s been a pleasure virtually knowing you,

Ditto. Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 08:49:31 AM »
It is good to hear, you are not depressed, and surrounded by family and friends. Like Jinky and Howard, I too wish you peace and comfort.
Farewell Old Friend.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:47 AM »
Sorry to hear about your illness. Glad you are surround by family and friends. You were one of the first on this site and your comments and photos enriched this site. You always gave good and helpful advice. God bless you and thanks for been our oversea's friend.  :tup:

Offline Simple

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 09:04:30 AM »
Sorry to hear about your illness. I like to thank you for the images and your insights over all these years on this site. Thanks!

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 09:05:13 AM »
I can only repeat what our other friends have already said, but my thoughts will be with you.
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 09:22:07 AM »
Spin, I always enjoy your posts and comments both here in the forum and the few pms we shared.
You have great courage and dignity my virtual friend, your family will be proud of you.
I raise a glass in your honour  :beer:

Tony
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 09:22:36 AM »
Thank you for sharing and enriching our lives David.

I have taken a liberty updating the IOTW slot with one of your inspiring shots

God bless you and yours
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 02:59:03 PM »
So sorry to hear your news Spinner and you are taking it with fortitude  surrounded by family and friends.

A strange coincidence, but my reasons for absence are exactly  the same. I was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer five weeks ago . My family are a godsend and like you things are not as frightening  as I thought they would be.

God bless.

Offline David Blandford

• David Blandford Photography
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2016, 03:02:00 PM »
my best wishes go to both you, you are in our thoughts. many thanks for all the help and advice you have both given me since I joined the site.
still trying to paint with light!!

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2016, 03:56:11 PM »

A strange coincidence, but my reasons for absence are exactly  the same. I was diagnosed with terminal stomach cancer five weeks ago . My family are a godsend and like you things are not as frightening  as I thought they would be.

God bless.

Sorry to hear that Abers. Perhaps you and Spin could set up a branch of Camera Craniums in Heaven then, when the rest of us have, 'shuffle off this mortal coil', we could join you there.  8)

God bless you as well.  :tup:

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2016, 04:03:10 PM »
Boy oh boy, I'm feeling rather shell shocked yet in awe of the marvelous courage you both are sharing. A hearty  THANK YOU guys 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 04:04:54 PM by Beaux Reflets »
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2016, 04:05:32 PM »
So sorry to hear your news Spinner and you are taking it with fortitude  surrounded by family and friends.

God bless.

How awful, to have to say goodbye to two old friends at the same time.

Thank God for your daughters and grand children. I am sure, together you will be able to make the best of the time left.

All the best. It was great to have met you, and thank you for your advice.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2016, 06:02:02 PM »
I too am shocked and saddened to hear this sad news. Thoughts are with you both and wish you peace and comfort from those who love you.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 101/2 Oldboy Last post August 09, 2020, 05:58:50 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 189/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx RFELCTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 38/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 9/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/1 jinky Last post August 09, 2020, 07:40:00 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 233/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 254/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636699/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM