POLL - Song Title HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...Anything Goes Poll 4-11th...Anything Goes - Chat Thre...

Author Topic: Flickr & MySpace  (Read 1056 times)

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
Flickr & MySpace
« on: July 19, 2009, 05:54:26 PM »
Afternoon all,

I noticed today that one of my pictures on Flickr had an unusually high view count so had a look at the stats to see where all the views were coming from.

Most of the views track back to two pages on MySpace, but I can't see the image anywhere. One page tracks back to a MySpace users page, the other tracks to an aspx page that contains CSS with the link to my Flickr page and picture.

I'd love to know how and where the shot is being used, does anyone know if MySpace uses Flickr images for backgrounds, profiles etc?

Cheers

Steve

Offline oRGie

Re: Flickr & MySpace
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 01:25:58 AM »
its possible, try going to your pic on flickr, look at all sizes, in the link boxes copy the username and photo id number and google it, you should get at least the link back to your flickr page, but you might also get a link to where it is being used on myspace.

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 07:56:38 AM »
Also give TinEye a try to show you where else it is being used. Their website is http://tineye.com/

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions guys, but they didn't get me any closer.

I've ended up registering on MySpace and contacting the user that the Flickr stats track back to.

I'm just intrigued more than anything, I suspect they are using it as a background on one of their MySpace pages via CSS.

Cheers

Steve

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 11:21:39 PM »
Also give TinEye a try to show you where else it is being used. Their website is http://tineye.com/
Ive tried this tineye site and it finds nothing,
but, should it not find the images hosted here at CC if I search for the flkr url  ???????????
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline Colin

• My Woodturning
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
Only if TinEye has crawled this site and indexed the photos. As they say on their site this is a slow process due to the cataloguing of the photos that has to be done.

Offline greypoint

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 07:00:50 AM »
My dog pics on flickr seem to be on all sorts of sites all over the world - some ask some don't. Mostly they link back to flickr so I get all sorts of odd highs when it comes to the number of views. Very ordinary pictures suddenly get loads of viewings. Never sure whether to be pleased or annoyed!

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 08:45:23 AM »
Thats exactly how I am at the moment!! I don't know whether to be pleased that the shot is getting so many views, or annoyed that someone is using the picture on their site without asking.

Whats more frustrating is that I can't actually see the shot on the persons MySpace page\profile at all.

I've even registered with MySpace to look around the users MySpace pages and sent them a message asking how\where they are using the pic but not had a reply.

Ah well......

Cheers

Steve

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 167/3 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 86/3 jinky Last post September 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 809/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 298/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2761/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM
xx POLL - School International Weekly Comp Entries 82/0 Jediboy Last post September 03, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
xx School - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 199/4 Jediboy Last post September 02, 2019, 10:39:51 PM