Macro/ Close Up PollWhat annoyed you today?MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT ...MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES...Photoshop subscriptionMACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for...MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY...POLL-FLORA MONOCHROMEPoll for GLASSGLASS - ENTRY thread - t...CHAT-FLORA MONOCHROME-Wee...ENTRIES-FLORA MONOCHROME-...1Dx Mk3GLASS chat thread - th...POLL DECONSTRUCTEDDeconstructed - ENTRIES 2...

Author Topic: Free Nik Collection  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Free Nik Collection
« on: March 25, 2016, 12:47:45 PM »
Reluctant as I am to share this, having paid good money for my copy,  :o  it appears that there is currently a give-away of the Nik plugins. HERE

I have no idea how many licenses are up for grabs or when the offer expires, so get it while you can.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline hssutton

Re: Free Nik Collection
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 04:52:57 PM »
I can only agree with Hinfrance. This is one excellent plug-in for Photoshop and also  lightroom. Harry

Offline jinky

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:39:08 PM »
Mine has not worked properly since the only upgrade they did after taking it over. HDR crashes photoshop and others flash a while as they load up the image. I`m guessing there will be no further updates either but some f it is good

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 06:56:23 PM »
Not sure what the issue is for you Paul, it works perfectly for me with Photoshop, and most of it works with Photoplus even though it is theoretically incompatible. I haven't tried it from Lightroom, as I always do plugin editing in Photoshop. I've seen two or three updates applied so far.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline hssutton

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2016, 08:16:39 PM »
Reluctant as I am to share this, having paid good money for my copy,  :o  it appears that there is currently a give-away of the Nik plugins. HERE

I have no idea how many licenses are up for grabs or when the offer expires, so get it while you can.

Jinky have you tried running it as a stand alone? http://edknepleyphoto.com/2013/06/15/using-the-nik-collection-in-a-stand-alone-mode/ work perfectly for me in both modes

Offline Alfonso_Frisk

• Global Moderator
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007/
    • My Shipping images
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2016, 08:33:39 PM »
What versions of LR is this designed to run on ?
I cant seem to get it going in V4.4
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/nosmo_king2007
http://www.seateamimages.com/search.php
Wine improves with age, The older I get the more I like it.

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2016, 09:23:37 PM »
If you bought it this year, you will get your money back. Seems this is a permanent offer.

I got it yesterday and do like some of the plugins. I;m using it with LR 6 - not tried it yet from CS6.
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline hssutton

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
It should run on all versions of Lightroom from V2. See http://www.dpreview.com/articles/3940415583/nikcompletecollection

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 10:54:40 PM by hssutton »

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »
Runs on my LR CC version 2015.5. I'd never tried that before :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 09:44:20 AM »
It works on Serif Photoplus7 - Thanks for the link Howard  :tup:
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2016, 10:51:40 AM »
Works with my Adobe Photoshop Elements 6  :-[ and my Serif PhotoPlus X5

Thanks for the heads up Howard.   :tup:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2016, 12:15:04 PM »
The modules all seem to work with Photoplus as long as you apply them to a background layer - any other layer will give problems with Viveza and Define (if memory serves).

And according to the Nik web page making this free is a permanent thing, as it looks like Google will just now leave it to fester. Apparently only people who purchased it in 2016 will get a refund - shame, I bought it two years ago  :'(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 12:23:01 PM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline anglefire

• Canon Biggamist. Three bodies and some lenses. :) - Sold my 1DMk3
  • Canon Owner and Proud of it :)
    • Mark Colston Photography
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
Let it fester is probably better than letting a bunch of computer programmers hack it about to make it "better" - really don't want goggerly eyes on my pictures!
----------------------------------
Mark
* A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odourless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

CPS Gold Member
My Website

Offline hssutton

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2016, 06:53:31 PM »

As I mentioned previously it will work as a stand aloan program  http://edknepleyphoto.com/2013/06/15/using-the-nik-collection-in-a-stand-alone-mode

Offline spinner

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2016, 02:16:24 PM »
Since I downloaded the 'Free' version, I don't really have a right to complain, BUT, I've installed the Mac version 2 of my Macs now and the Windows version on my Win 10 system. it just doesn't work as advertised.
When I click the HDR option it opens Silver instead. On my Windows machine it won't associate to my Corel programs and won't let me do the association manually.

If I was a suspicious Tin Foil Hat wearing conspiracy theorist, I'd go with Google giving it away to be able to access a bunch of peoples systems. That, or they screwed it up so bad they have to give it away. No doubt
they stripped what they wanted out of the software to add to some funky new program they want to foist on us.  :dance:
And more, much more than this, I did it my way
Ol' blue eyes

http://ddsdigita4.wix.com/ddsdigital
https://www.flickr.com/photos/spin498/

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Macro/ Close Up Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 62/1 Oldboy Last post Today at 02:54:28 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 614859/3940 jinky Last post Today at 02:36:45 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... CHAT THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 143/6 Oldboy Last post May 27, 2020, 12:16:45 AM
xx MACRO / CLOSE UP ENTRIES for weekly comp 17-24th May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 138/5 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:33 PM
xx Photoshop subscription General Discussion 640/23 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:35:16 PM
xx MACRO/CLOSE UP CHAT - for weekly comp 17-24/05/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 142/3 Jediboy Last post May 25, 2020, 06:29:24 PM
xx MY FAVOURITE ..... ENTRY THREAD 25th- 31st May 2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 jinky Last post May 25, 2020, 08:07:47 AM
xx POLL-FLORA MONOCHROME International Weekly Comp Entries 245/2 Beaux Reflets Last post May 23, 2020, 06:37:39 PM