• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29
7ds
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

Vista home premium 64 bit, and IE8?

Started by Mick, July 14, 2009, 08:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Any one here using the Vista home premium 64bit operating system?

After my old PC died a couple of weeks ago, I decided to replace it.  The new pc came loaded with Vista home premium 64bit, and 3GB of ram.  Nice and quick compared to my old Athlon powered system.    

The only problem I've encountered so far is the lightbox in the the CC gallery won't display properly.   It starts to load, but then disappears and opens the image normally at full size, (without the lightbox showing)

I have Vista service pack 2 installed, and IE8

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Edit:  I've also started to get some of the problems Mark was having in this thread, http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=377.0  :(
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

skellum

I had loads of problems with Vista when I got a new computer so I had it removed and had XP pro put on it. It has worked fine ever since. :legit:

Damon

I`ve been using windows vista home premium 64 bit for about 2 yrs now , i think, & to be honest i`ve not had any real problems to speak of except for this annoying blank white page,i occasionally get from time to time.  Any idea`s. ???
Damon.

Mick

Quote from: damondph on August 19, 2009, 07:27:24 PM
I`ve been using windows vista home premium 64 bit for about 2 yrs now , i think, & to be honest i`ve not had any real problems to speak of except for this annoying blank white page,i occasionally get from time to time.  Any idea`s. ???

Damond, this is while browsing the web? or just when moving around in vista?  Not seen this myself.  :(

My Gallery

OpenSea

Damon

Only when browsing the web, Mick. Dosen`t happen all the while either, just when it does it can be quite annoying. It can happen when clicking on any link/ function on any website/ browser.
Think a saw something about it in window`s vista mag, awhile back but as normal for me it didn`t register & now i cant find the copy. :doh:
Damon.

Mick

Strange, Do you use, or have you got Incedimail installed on your PC?

My Gallery

OpenSea

hssutton

I use Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my self build, have not experienced the problem you mention. I did experience a few minor problems when using the DCM site, but I put it down to using Firefox and minor problems with DCM as I never had any problems on other sites. Otherwise I've found it to be trouble free.

Harry

Damon

No Mick, No Incedimail installed. don`t even know what that is.....  ???
Damon.

Mick

It was just an idea, I'd read some peeps were getting that problem when having that installed.

You could try google, and see if it comes up with anything. Actually I did this here. Let me google that for you  ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Damon

Thanks Mick, this describes the problems I'm getting. I`ll give it a try & post the results.

Much appreciated
Damon.

Mick

No problem, hope you find some answers in there somewhere.   ;)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Mick

Quote from: admin on July 14, 2009, 08:18:11 AM

The only problem I've encountered so far is the lightbox in the the CC gallery won't display properly.   It starts to load, but then disappears and opens the image normally at full size, (without the lightbox showing)

I have Vista service pack 2 installed, and IE8

Anyone else seeing this problem?

A update to the problem I was having with lightbox.   Just un-installed McAffee internet security suite (Trial version that came with PC), and gone back to Norton internet security.  Lightbox is working for me again now.  :)

My Gallery

OpenSea

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.