Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Uploading to gallery from Android  (Read 1790 times)

Offline SimonW

• Dunning Parish Historical Society
Uploading to gallery from Android
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »
I've taken a photo on my Pentax that I'd like to upload to the gallery while I'm away from my PC. I managed to copy it to my Android tablet and resize it but haven't been able to upload it. It seems I should be able to type the full file address starting with the root into the single image upload box but I've probably not got it quite right. Any advice from someone who's done it will be welcome.

Simon

Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Uploading to gallery from Android
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:01:00 AM »
Good morning Simon. I've just uploaded a test image - first one I've done.

I'm using Chrome on the tablet. I went to gallery and chose upload one item at a time. Clicking 'choose file' I then get a dialogue box headed  'choose an action'. I selected 'documents' and then my file explorer (I use ES File Explorer), navigated to the file location,  selected it and uploaded as normal.

Hope this helps.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
Brilliant H, thank you so much. In fact after I chose documents it opened my esfileexplorer showing the recent folder with the file I wanted. Like most things, easy when you know how.

(I wanted to take a larger part in Craniums while on holiday and that shot might do for Textiles. But its not easy - my pentax smallest jpgs are still too large and moving them to the Android then editing there is all new to me).

Thank you again, Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 04:15:11 PM »
What do you use to move the files to the tablet Simon? I use RAWDroid Pro - cost about £4 I seem to recall, and works really well. My largest files are from the K5, running at about 20mb a pop in RAW. It all seems to work OK.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline SimonW

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 01:05:39 PM »
My Pentax KS2 can connect to Android via WiFi. The app does live view remote control. I'm fairly sure it does raw development too, but for that - my first - try I used my old method - put the SD card in a card reader connected to the Android by OTG cable, after developing raw to the smallest possible jpg within the camera.

I do rather miss having Lighroom develop available though.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
Oh how technology moves on! I'm sure you'll crack it soon :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline WillyP

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 01:08:19 AM »
And at that point it will all change... again.   :o

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 196/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 229/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635985/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 192/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 234/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM