Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Chat-MY FAVOURITE THING-Weekly Comp 29/8 to 6/09  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Chat-MY FAVOURITE THING-Weekly Comp 29/8 to 6/09
« on: August 29, 2015, 12:50:22 PM »
CHAT THREAD

The subject this week is MY FAVOURITE THING. Or things, if you like. A pictorial representation of something(s) you would honestly describe as one/some of your favourite things.

The Entries thread is HERE

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between now, 29th August 2015 to 23:59 Sunday 6th September 2015 .
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 7th September 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 8tt September 2015.
Winner to be announced Saturday 12th September 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to

Post a topic on the Sunday (or sooner) following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Saturday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 12:53:24 PM by Hinfrance »

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Chat-MY FAVOURITE THING-Weekly Comp 29/8 to 6/09
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 02:04:40 PM »
Can't really take another shot of my new kitchen, and Daughter, who is coming home on Tuesday, does not want to be photographed by Mummy. And other favourite things ...
Hope I'll think of something, and will find the time.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 03:48:14 PM »
Well, must admit i do love our cats so thats it. Not a Julie Andrews "whiskers on kittens" but almost.
Whiskers on kittens (well almost)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 06:34:17 PM »
Clever!

Offline jinky

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 10:23:14 AM »
Well to quote Diane Arbus "My favourite thing is to go where I`ve never been". Not sure how I`ll shoot that though and not sure if I`ll get time  and won`t be around next week as I`m off to the Norwegian Fjords - where I`ve never been before.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 10:34:20 AM »
You must be feeling better then Paul. I'm pretty sure they have the internet in Norway, so no excuses ;)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline jinky

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 02:15:06 PM »
You must be feeling better then Paul. I'm pretty sure they have the internet in Norway, so no excuses ;)

Yes a lot better now. I`m not paying cruise boat rates for internet so it will depend on having a café with wifi. That said the way my nexus is now it`s virtually impossible to use for editing so probably will be a struggle.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »
Those sound rather like excuses. Just sayin' :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 07:12:16 PM »

:2funny: :2funny:

Offline jinky

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »

It`s $3.95 to register and 75c a minute on the boat for the slowest internet experience you will ever have. One of my little pieces of entertainment on a sea day is watching Americans who have paid a few hundred dollars for non stop internet slowly turning red before steam comes out of their ears  and then they find  some poor soul on guest services to explode at about their internet service. A shot from my phone is unlikely to cut the mustard I`m afraid even if I find wifi.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »

It`s $3.95 to register and 75c a minute on the boat for the slowest internet experience you will ever have. One of my little pieces of entertainment on a sea day is watching Americans who have paid a few hundred dollars for non stop internet slowly turning red before steam comes out of their ears  and then they find  some poor soul on guest services to explode at about their internet service. A shot from my phone is unlikely to cut the mustard I`m afraid even if I find wifi.

That must be a shock to the system for the Americans, who have been used to having Internet since God knows when.

What ship are you sailing in?

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 09:14:46 AM »
As you know Paul, I'm just winding you up . .  a little. I mean why the fixation on taking a picture from the holiday? Is there nothing you could describe as a favourite in your house or locality? A local building, for example? If not, then that is rather depressing!
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 09:36:52 AM »
I meant for next week H. Not really worth me entering this week as I won`t be able to see the result / set the theme if lucky enough to win as  I`ll be at sea first day or so with no internet. Probably won`t hit a wifi café until Monday. I`m on the MS Ryndam  Reinardina. Unplanned -  got sent a deal that was too cheap to say no too. I love retirement - holiday deals abound!

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »
I meant for next week H. Not really worth me entering this week as I won`t be able to see the result / set the theme if lucky enough to win as  I`ll be at sea first day or so with no internet. Probably won`t hit a wifi café until Monday. I`m on the MS Ryndam  Reinardina. Unplanned -  got sent a deal that was too cheap to say no too. I love retirement - holiday deals abound!

Ah, Holland America Line, a once proud Dutch company, now owned by ... is it Carnival? Not sure.

I was wondering about your many holidays, thought you'd won the lottery or something. Where do you get these holiday bargains? If it's not a secret, of course.

Offline jinky

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 05:59:03 PM »

Ah, Holland America Line, a once proud Dutch company, now owned by ... is it Carnival? Not sure.

I was wondering about your many holidays, thought you'd won the lottery or something. Where do you get these holiday bargains? If it's not a secret, of course.

I`m signed up for so many offer sites. My favourites are Travelzoo - just google and register for weekly deals, the Holiday Place do some good deals and Cruise Critic and Cruisedeals. I keep having to delete the emails as they come just recently as they are too tempting and I `ve already got trips to Sri Lanka and western California booked next year. We are seeing this last couple of years as the gap years we never had and enjoying every minute of it. We`ve lost / nearly lost some good friends at stupid ages  these last 2 years or so and feel we need to get that travelling done whilst we are fit enough for the long hauls.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 10:04:56 PM by jinky »

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636542/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM