Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: CHAT - Weekly competition - Saturday 11th April - Sunday 19th April 2015 - WATER  (Read 8217 times)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
CHAT THREAD - WATER - Weekly competition - Saturday 11th April - Sunday 19th April 2015

Not sure how to carry on from last weeks topic as i thought it was very unusual and quite original, however the remit for this week is WATER, static OR moving This can be enhanced any way you wish and there are No restrictions on PP. I know that we had this topic about a year ago but hopefully this will not deter entries.

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 20th April 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st April 2015
Winner to be announced Saturday 25th April 2015

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 08:05:21 PM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline DigiDiva

A bit of a wet theme Jeff......
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Maybe a wet theme Chris but it's what you do with it, now that's the clever bit.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline DigiDiva

Eeeee I hope you didn't think I was being rude when I said the theme was wet.....I was just playing with words...water - wet. Sorry if you thought me cheeky.

I love this theme. Very versatile and should attract lots of entries.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
You, cheeky, nah! As said its what you do with your wetness that counts????

Offline DigiDiva

HAHA Carry On Clicking!

Offline spikeyjen

Grand Teton National Park - the famous Snake River.
Tried to photograph the same image that Ansel Adams did, but found that the trees have grown since he was there, so I've gone for this one instead  (same river, different location)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Well, it was some time since Ansel was there!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline spikeyjen

Ansel Adams Vs Jen Fawkes (I think AA wins, but he had the advantage of a stormy sky and fewer trees)

Offline DigiDiva

Turn yours to b and w jen and you could have a very similar shot.

Offline spikeyjen

hahaha, that is mine Chris, you'll have to google Ansel's

Offline DigiDiva

Sorry haha! I am impressed!

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
With Ansel?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline DigiDiva

No. With Spikey.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Spent a few minutes in the basement with some fizzy water, a stale lemon, a strobe, a tripod and a bit of craft foam for the backdrop. Then spent a few minutes with photoshop, et voila:

I'll post the rejected alternative in the main gallery in a moment.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636542/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM