POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Poll

Please vote for your favourite CAMERA I THE FRAME PICTURE

Kilgore Falls, Maryland:

3 (25%)
Mr Robin:

2 (16.7%)
Rolleicord:

3 (25%)
Camera Face:

1 (8.3%)
AE-1:

3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 04, 2015, 07:40:58 AM

Author Topic: POLL for CAMERA IN THE FRAME  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
POLL for CAMERA IN THE FRAME
« on: March 31, 2015, 07:40:58 AM »
Please vote for your favourite CAMERA IN THE FRAME picture  :tup:

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: POLL for CAMERA IN THE FRAME
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 09:12:51 AM »
Small selection, but some great images.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 07:49:44 AM »
Bump :tup:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 01:40:38 AM »
just bumping to see if we can get some more votes

Offline oggalily

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 04:20:44 PM »
I agree -  it would be nice to break a three-way tie (whoever wins, I'm not shilling for votes I assure you!).

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 04:59:20 PM »
Oh boy, is it one of those again? I'll try a Shout, you never know, it may help.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 07:31:07 PM »
One more vote, but it didn't break the deadlock. May even create a fourth entry with three votes!

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 12:10:36 PM »
Well done to the three winners. A good comp all round.

Thanks to the person who voted for my fun image. The nillie T-shirt was about to get an airing.

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 05:48:58 PM »
The 'rules' say that in the event of a tie the first image posted is the winner.  As both Ogga and I have set the last two themes it seems only fair that Jen sets the next challenge anyway. So if it's OK with everyone I suggest that's the way we go.

Not many entries,  but all good. I had real trouble deciding between Ogga's and Oldboy's. :)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2015, 02:57:06 AM »
very  nice to see a tie, although I'm very surprised to have been one.
Am happy to set the next one... although this weeks theme will be a hard one to beat.
If people are still happy with the weekly comments/ critique I'll be back later

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2015, 09:43:55 AM »
Congratulations to the winners. My vote went to Jen's picture, because it has such a nostalgic feel to it. It reminded me of the pioneer photographers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2015, 09:49:09 AM »
Congratulations to the winners. My vote went to Jen's picture, because it has such a nostalgic feel to it. It reminded me of the pioneer photographers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.

Know what you mean Reinardina, it was a nice picture but felt that I had to reply look hard for the "camera in frame" so I voted for a shot that captured the topic a little better in my opinion. Great to se such a close vote mind you.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline jinky

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 09:30:34 AM »
Well done the winners. My vote went to Spikeyjen for the nostalgic feel too.

Offline oggalily

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 01:33:55 AM »
My vote went to Howard.  Normally I hate colour pop but I liked the subtle colour in the lens.

My own picture was a bit of fun involving a costume I wore for a 70s party a few years ago.  Some of the longer term contributors might recognise the fashionable suit, which has popped up once or twice before in comps like this one (coincidentally a fake album cover).  The moustache was from a theatrical costumer in the West End.  I lit it with three flashguns triggered with Nikon CLS.  Softbox left, brolly right, and a grid against the background.  I had the camera on a tripod and triggered it remotely (you can see the trigger in my left hand unfortunately).

When I showed up in full regalia before taking the picture my wife rolled her eyes and said "What else would I expect from Chris on Sunday night".

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 63/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM