Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: CHAT - FAKE ALBUM COVER: Weekly Comp 30 MAR to 5 APR 2015 (READ INSTRUCTIONS)  (Read 12790 times)

Offline oggalily

Something a little different this week, possibly a little more challenging but hopefully fun.

The theme is FAKE ALBUM COVER.  For this one you must follow the instructions.

1 - Go to Wikipedia. Hit “random” or click http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first random wikipedia article you get is the name of your band.

2 - Go to "Random quotations" or click http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four or five words of the very last quote of the page is the title of your first album.

3 - Come up with a picture to suit the band name and album title.  I think a square crop would work best but this is not essential.

No restrictions on post-processing, you don't have to include the text in the image but please title your image with the band and album name when you add it to the gallery.

All photos to be taken by midnight on Sunday 5th April.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 6th April 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 7th April 2015. 
Winner to be announced Saturday 11th April 2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

Offline jinky

Greta idea Ogga but I foresee a problem. I got my band title no problem and was OK I guess - then hit the link a few more times to see what came up and got some better , some worse but stuck with my first as per instructions. Trouble is when you hit the random quotes one you always get the same front page. Again I got my quote noted down and thought - thanks! Wrote it down then  generated another to find I always got " Of the Human Race" as the last 4 words of the last quote. Will everyone thus not get the same album title or am I being thick?
 Later edit
 Just looked again and if you amend instructions to hit the shaded "New Random Quotations from these collections" it will generate a new page every time but with the link you do get the same page each time.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:41:04 AM by jinky »

Offline DigiDiva

This is exciting different fun and my kinda thing.....then again I might change my mind once I get the titles......
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
I used Bing and http://www.quoteland.com/random.asp , on account of the fact that the last 4 words on the wikiquotes page were, as Jinky says, all the same, and because they didn't make any sense.

However, I have a result to work with. Now to apply some thought to the matter.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Got mine. Just need a picture or 2 now for the cover . :hmm:

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline oggalily

Sorry for any confusion on the quotes page.  I didn't get the same quote as you, jinky, but I did get the same quote as my first time when I tried again. So there shouldn't be a problem with everyone getting the same quote. Or if people want to use Howard's quote generator instead that's fine too.

Offline spikeyjen

I've got mine, I have to say my band title is very interesting (perhaps a rap band).

Offline DigiDiva

My band name has 2 words. Do I have to use both words or can I use just 1?

Offline oggalily

My band name has 2 words. Do I have to use both words or can I use just 1?

I don't have a problem with this.  The same goes for the album title if the quote makes more sense with less words. 

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
That's cool Ogga, the last two words of my quote could work quite well  8)
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Ok, my lines were as follows.

Connecticut Route 173

They will find a way to explore.

So my fake album cover is as follows.

It needs a bit of tweaking but its a start, not sure which to use now. Flipped the second picture to make it "American" as the band is called "Route 173" and grunged it in PP.

Second cover has wrong wording on it, explore NOT escape
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 10:22:14 PM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline Ken.

• Too Much is not Enough!
    • Our FamilyForum
Like it already.  :tup:

That VW looks like my kind of car.  8)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
ken, yes, Rat Look, mates van.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 12:29:20 PM by kerbside »

Offline DigiDiva

Jeff...u set the bar high

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Time to burn in work, then at my mates garage then out on the road shooting, however i only have VW's which worked ok with my 2 themes that i got when the post was first published.
May try some others and put the search's in again as TBH totally enjoyed doing these. :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 198/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 65/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 229/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 635994/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 192/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 234/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM