Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: FAILING LIGHT - ENTRY thread only - comp theme for period 14/03-22/03/2015  (Read 2205 times)

Offline jinky

FAILING LIGHT

Get those entries in here........  Weekly competition Saturday 14th March  to Sunday 22nd March 2015

Inspired by next Friday mornings great eclipse in the UK. If in the UK you might want to take a shot using the lowering light levels  BUT take care of your eyes and camera equipment and don`t aim at the sun with either without taking the required precautions - see below:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2994195/Next-Friday-morning-Britain-turn-day-night-time-century-great-eclipse.html
 (Just to be clear I don`t read the Mail - it just came up first on a search!)

To broaden it out and accommodate all I have called this Failing Light as I want to see your best shots this week of the  light beginning to go / failing whether natural , electric or in some other way. If you are covering the eclipse it might be of how people are observing it / the tools you are using to watch it. Of course that limits your shooting option s to Friday morning and the weather may scupper it so you might want to get a back up prior to then just in case using other light sources.

No editing restrictions

All photos to be taken by midnight on Sunday 22nd March.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 23rd March 2015.
Poll will be up Tuesday 24th March 2015. 
Winner to be announced Saturday 28th  March  2015.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Waiting In Vain:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:13:10 PM by Hinfrance »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
Through the Trees

:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline spikeyjen

Niagara Falls

Offline jinky

As Daylight Fades

the lights come on

Offline Jediboy

Last light

May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline oggalily

sunset

Offline Oldboy

Solar Eclipse:

Offline DigiDiva

As The Light Fails On Industry

Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636542/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM