POLL - Song Title SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22...SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-2...HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...

Author Topic: Chat thread for this weeks subject: Light  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Oldboy

Chat thread for this weeks subject: Light
« on: June 08, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
The subject for this weeks comp is .....

"Light"

Were would we be as photographers without Light? This can be sunlight on a sunny day, strange light that storms produce, Moonlight or Starlight, Street lights or flash guns, but whatever you choose it must show the direct effects of that light.

Good luck everyone, and don't forget to have FUN!

Rules

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 8th June to 23.59pm Sunday 14th June.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday Monday June 1st.
Poll will be up Tuesday 16th June  till 23.59pm Friday 19th June.
Winner to be announced Saturday 20th (ish) June (winner should post the new topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 22nd June)

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please don't vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Posting your entries, and settiing up the poll.  Instructions are here: http://cameracraniums.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.0
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 01:37:01 PM by Oldboy »

Offline guy1970

Re: This weeks subject: Light
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 09:09:47 PM »
Nice idea for a topic, something we all take for granted when taking pics. I of on holiday on Thursday so should have chance to get some sunsets in. Will have limited internet access though.
Guy

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: Chat thread for this weeks subject: Light
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 11:49:05 AM »
I took a picture for this, but there now appears to be no way to upload pictures.  Where has the loader gone? >:(
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:27:58 PM »
I took a picture for this, but there now appears to be no way to upload pictures.  Where has the loader gone? >:(

hmm, sorry Howard, not sure what you mean.  Are you saying there's something wrong with the gallery, or were you trying to attach a pic directly to your post?
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline irv_b

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 08:54:38 PM »
Hi guys been away working too hard for my liking but I'm back now and here is my entry
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 11:38:49 PM »

I had the same thing the other week, it seems to be if you are using a particular colour scheme (i think it's the black one) the text links (upload being one of them) are the same colour as the backround colour so you can't see the links.

I changed back to a classic colour scheme and all looked and worked fine  ;D

HTH

Steve

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2009, 09:11:39 AM »
I took a picture for this, but there now appears to be no way to upload pictures.  Where has the loader gone? >:(

I had the same thing the other week, it seems to be if you are using a particular colour scheme (i think it's the black one) the text links (upload being one of them) are the same colour as the backround colour so you can't see the links.

I changed back to a classic colour scheme and all looked and worked fine  ;D

HTH

Steve

Thanks Steve.  Was this in the gallery, (a gallery theme)?  Or one of the main forum themes? when using the attachments.  I can see that Howard is using the old Red theme for the main site (front page and forums).
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:14:41 AM by admin »

My Gallery

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2009, 11:05:28 AM »
Mornin' Mick.

Yep, I had the black gallery theme and the links were all invisible. I've got grey now (did you change that? Thanks) now uploading.

Howard
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2009, 11:31:12 AM »
Mornin' Mick.

Yep, I had the black gallery theme and the links were all invisible. I've got grey now (did you change that? Thanks) now uploading.

Howard

Thanks Howard.  I haven't changed anything since you had the upload problem.  ???  Are you saying it's sorted itself out now.  If so it must have been a server thing.   

What was the theme called as there's a couple of black themes.   

My Gallery

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2009, 04:06:27 PM »
Sorry Mick I don't actually know what the theme that caused the problem was - but it is all OK now. At the moment the theme is 'Hardwired'
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:08:35 PM by Tringle WP »
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

Offline irv_b

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »
Sorry Mick I don't actually know what the theme that caused the problem was - but it is all OK now. At the moment the theme is 'Hardwired'

It may have been the eyeball theme with black and blue because I noticed when I tried to upload that the writing  was white on white
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline stevebedder

• My Flickr Gallery
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2009, 06:26:21 PM »
Hi Mick,

It was the eyeball theme I had problems with in the gallery pages, changing to classic sorted it straight away.

Cheers

steve

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2009, 09:59:41 PM »
Just done the poll and it will be open after midnight.  :tup:

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 305/5 Jediboy Last post September 16, 2019, 10:49:12 AM
xx SMALL - CHAT THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 43/0 jinky Last post September 16, 2019, 10:00:15 AM
xx SMALL - ENTRY THREAD 16-22nd September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 66/0 jinky Last post September 16, 2019, 09:59:37 AM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 133/4 anglefire Last post September 16, 2019, 07:17:49 AM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 896/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 185/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 348/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2879/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM