STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollRFELCTIONS - Chat Thread...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice house

Author Topic: CHAT: PEOPLE IN MOTION: Weekly challenge 29 Nov - 7 Dec 2014  (Read 2877 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
CHAT: PEOPLE IN MOTION: Weekly challenge 29 Nov - 7 Dec 2014
« on: November 29, 2014, 03:46:27 PM »
This is the CHAT thread.

ENTRIES THREAD HERE

As Jen is away, she asked me to set the next challenge for her.

She has chosen: PEOPLE IN MOTION  (any interpretation and post production work).

As usual the following 'terms and conditions' apply:

Pictures to be taken between the posting of this thread (29 Nov) and 7th December 2014.

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 8 Dec 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 9 Dec 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 13 December 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to:
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 04:21:34 PM by Hinfrance »

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Reinardina

Re: CHAT: PEOPLE IN MOTION: Weekly challenge 29 Nov - 7 Dec 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 03:53:41 PM »
I photographed just the thing for this week's (BLUR) competition!

Offline jinky

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:10 PM »
Given that the theme is now up I guess I can get next weeks shot tomorrow too if the opportunity arises  :)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »
Must get a picture of the 'Plebgate' politician, seems like he is in the motion with court costs.  :legit:

Offline jinky

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 06:30:15 PM »
This one really got me in to trouble at the German Market in Leeds and I guess technically I broke their rules as this recognisable kid is the main focus - he liked seeing it afterwards though so I guess will make no complaint. Took many attempts to get this slow speed panning shot which worked with a bit of rear curtain flash in the end.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 06:31:47 PM by jinky »

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2014, 09:21:42 AM »
Thought I'd better dig up this thread, as it slipped totally out of sight.

Haven't taken many photographs recently, as I am busy elsewhere, and my mind isn't in the 'right frame.'
I do my volunteer ranger work every week though, and there I do take photos. This is one I took on Wednesday, and I may enter it, as it fits the brief.

People in Motion:

Offline spikeyjen

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2014, 08:10:32 AM »
Thank you to Reinardina for putting up my challenge, and to those of you who voted on my image in the previous competition.
Haven't won one all year, then when I do I'm not around to set the next challenge   :2funny:

Have been away as a volunteer for the Great Vic Bike Ride - a 9 day event over 600 km that is held at this time each year. Have ridden 3 X before, but this year I had some knee surgery so riding was out.
Now home, very very tired but it was fun. I have a few pics to choose from for this comp so will search through and upload tomorrow night.

Hope to see a few more entries.
cheers Jen

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2014, 08:11:14 AM »
Just need to download my images from Tenerife and pick the image I need. I have 2 sets of images to choose from, thinkI knowwhich one to use, but seeing them on the Mac screen rather than in camera will show up any flaws.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2014, 02:06:51 PM »
Here's my 'People In Motion' shot, the one my hubby preferred. It's simply called 'Paragliding'

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
As you all know by now, street photography is legally problematic for the denizens of La Belle. I did, however, go out this morning in the hope of getting something usable. I had no luck, there were so few people around at the market I think the bulk of the populace must have all been resting after a hard day's Christmas shopping yesterday or something. Nothing from me this week then.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2014, 04:37:57 PM »
Going to take a few weeks break from entering competitions, just got a bit fed up TBH, going to take pictures for my own enjoyment and IF something fits then great i will enter it. Just too much work on leading up to the end of the year, then 6 weeks holiday starting Feb 4th so we will see how it all pans out.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »
That's what I do Jeff. I seldom do something specifically for the competition these days.
I'd better enter my colleagues, before I forget it, as there seem not to be too many entries. (Yet.)

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2014, 05:43:30 PM »
I think a few of us are getting a bit ' out of competition' mode.  Maybe we will feel better in the new year.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »
I think a few of us are getting a bit ' out of competition' mode.  Maybe we will feel better in the new year.
[/quotwe]
Not out of competition mode TBA I will be doing others just a bit stale on here at the moment and with the past few weeks views from different people it is just the time to take pictures and if they meet a theme enter them.
Also to much work at present leading up.to Christmas etc etc.

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline jinky

« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2014, 08:55:17 PM »
As you all know by now, street photography is legally problematic for the denizens of La Belle. I did, however, go out this morning in the hope of getting something usable. I had no luck, there were so few people around at the market I think the bulk of the populace must have all been resting after a hard day's Christmas shopping yesterday or something. Nothing from me this week then.
I thought you might be entering your market shot as the theme had already been posted then hadn`t it? I liked it.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 100/2 Oldboy Last post Today at 05:58:50 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 188/4 anglefire Last post Today at 04:51:11 PM
xx RFELCTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 37/2 Jediboy Last post Today at 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 8/0 Jediboy Last post Today at 03:20:15 PM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/1 jinky Last post Today at 07:40:00 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 233/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 253/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636695/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM