Horizons PollCanon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Back To Square One.  (Read 909 times)

Offline ABERS

• Black and White Images by Alan Abercrombie
Back To Square One.
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:52:06 AM »
The title suggest two items.

1. Have a look at

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30175710

Note it's on until March 1st 2015

2 The site has returned to its former unconcsious state after a sudden upsurge recently. Mick you should rename the site Comatose Crew.
Perhaps everyone is ouy taking images for the weekly comp. Well that would account for three or four members!  :legit:

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Back To Square One.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:59:54 AM »

1. Have a look at

2 The site has returned to its former unconcsious state after a sudden upsurge recently. Mick you should rename the site Comatose Crew.
Perhaps everyone is ouy taking images for the weekly comp. Well that would account for three or four members!  :legit:

Exactly what I said in the 'Photo of the Day' thread.

I have however, just noticed that the number of views has quite dramatically improved. Up to four was the norm, with very few exceptions, but they have almost doubled and in some cases (like my Art Deco Clips) quadrupled. A positive development, I hope.

I'll have a look at the BBC link later, got other things on at the moment. (And not with the camera, sadly.)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline deetus

• illupho.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 09:17:44 PM »

1. Have a look at

Thanks for the link Alan, some interesting images there. Hard to describe my reaction to cannonball road, excellent photograph but it must have been horrifying to be there when the balls were flying.

Regarding your point about Comatose Crew - guilty as charged. I find it very difficult at the moment due to work committments to spend much time on photography or to contribute to this site. I noticed today that it was a year between me uploading photos to my gallery. Where does time go? Anyway not long to retirement now (next June) and then you'll be sick of the sight of me.  :)

By the way thanks to the folks who have commented on my latest uploads, it really is appreciated. I'm going to make some time to do some commenting myself.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 09:37:47 AM »

1. Have a look at

Thanks for the link Alan, some interesting images there. Hard to describe my reaction to cannonball road, excellent photograph but it must have been horrifying to be there when the balls were flying.

Regarding your point about Comatose Crew - guilty as charged. I find it very difficult at the moment due to work committments to spend much time on photography or to contribute to this site. I noticed today that it was a year between me uploading photos to my gallery. Where does time go? Anyway not long to retirement now (next June) and then you'll be sick of the sight of me.  :)

By the way thanks to the folks who have commented on my latest uploads, it really is appreciated. I'm going to make some time to do some commenting myself.

Looking forward to 'having you back,' after your retirement.

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2014, 10:12:18 AM »
Finally had time to click the link and have a look at the images.

Amazingly modern, some of them! When the first one, Christina, unfolded, my first thought was Woodstock, or the 'summer of love.'

Dr Hugh Welch Diamond's image of the woman with the short bob, could be one of the many unhappy people living in misery in Albert Square.

The Valley of the Shadow of Death, is chilling.

Ansel Adams' Moonrise will never lose its magic.

And Weston's Nude too is timeless.

Thanks for the link Alan.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 135/1 Oldboy Last post August 08, 2020, 11:48:53 AM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 230/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 249/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636541/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 62/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 207/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 242/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM