Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: CHAT THREAD - Weekly Competition - Mirror Image - October 12th to 19th  (Read 6039 times)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
CHAT THREAD - MIRROR IMAGE -Weekly competition - Sunday 12th October - Sunday 19th OCT:

Just for clarification a mirror image is a reflected duplication of an object that appears identical but reversed. As an optical effect it results from reflection off of substances such as a mirror or water.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 20th October 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 21st  October 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 25th October 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 09:18:29 AM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline DigiDiva

Re: CHAT THREAD - Weekly Competition - Mirror Image - October 12th to 19th
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Theres some fun to be had with this one Jeff
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2014, 10:36:47 AM »
Hopefully  :D

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2014, 05:46:45 PM »
Well, don't work Fridays as some of you may know so went to Stourhead Gardens today with camera looking for poss: pics for this weeks competition and have come away with this.

Two pictures merged to obtain the full bridge, bit of PP in Photoshop and thats about it.

The line across the water is natural where the water forms a very small weir and falls into the lake but it made a perfect cut line for the picture.

The Bridge Mirrored

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 05:50:52 PM by kerbside »

Offline jinky

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2014, 06:29:09 PM »
Unless I get a wedding image tomorrow that fits I fear I won`t be making an entry this week. Too much on - car crashes, printer breakdown, wedding gear missing / turning up in strange places - week from hell. probably just as well as I`m off to Spain on Tuesday for 10 days so would not be able to necessarily vote / get on and set next week if I was lucky enough to win.

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2014, 06:38:51 PM »
A perfect mirror image Jeff.

I'm still not sure what to do. I've got a 'water' one, a not too clear mirror image, but still a mirror image , and something with a double mirror image, which betrays my preoccupation of the moment.

Jinky, I hope things will get better from now on.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »
Reinardina,

Yes i had a few today, did not know what to take a picture of although i set the theme, had a  Moorhen on a nest but the mirror water was too ripply, couple of things in windows, Meh, so the bridge just fitted the theme. Took about 15 pics but tis one is made up of 2 horizontal shots merged.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:03:50 PM by kerbside »

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 09:54:43 PM »
Can I do abstract?

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »
Can I do abstract?

If Jeff doesn't come back in time, I'd say, risk it. As long as it is a mirror image.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 11:04:53 PM »
Chris, no restriction on the subject so long as it is a mirror image.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 10:48:05 AM »
After nearly burning the house down whilst post-processing this on, heres my entry!!

A Trio of Pairs

I used 2 mirror tiles, stuck together and angled. Wanted 3 pears to reflect 2 times, giving 9 pears, but also to try to capture my now famous (or imfamous) reflection in my Ikea table.

I got what I set out to get, so thats good.

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 11:27:32 AM »
But late to the party on this one. Better get my thinking cap on, if I can find it.......
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 11:37:15 AM »
Funny, I recently found my black and white mirror tiles again, and have been working with them. Nothing came of it though, I'm not very good at 'studio' images. Lack the patience.

Still not sure which one to enter, but I'll get round to making up my mind today, I hope.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 02:05:46 PM »
Chris, that works, I like it????

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »
Thanks Jeff. I was going to go for a Kaleidescope type image with the mirrors and some fancy cut paper (like snow flakes you did as a kid) hence my question earlier about abstract. But I was setting up the mirrors and at the same time, arranging my fruit bowl after my Asda trip. A pear fell off onto the table beside the mirrors and I thought ah........that might work!

I have learned how to emphasise the reflection in the table to make it even more 'shiny'  but getting the marks off the mirror in photoshop was a nightmare. Mirror photography is very difficult, let me tell you!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 203/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 72/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 233/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636045/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 55/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 194/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 235/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM