POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: CHAT THREAD PERFORMANCE Weekly competition 13 September 17:00 - 21st September  (Read 3363 times)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
CHAT THREAD  PERFORMANCE Weekly competition 13 September 17:00 - 21st September 2014

PERFORMANCE is this weeks topic. Could be work related, car related, sports or music so hopefully something for everyone.

No restrictions on PP.

Pictures to be taken between the times above,
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 22nd September 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 23rd September 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 27th September 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on, or before the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 04:40:42 PM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline DigiDiva

A very difficult theme me thinks.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
I'm getting more workmen in this week, might be able to shoot their performance. Not very much in 'photographic mood' though.
Simply too much going on.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

I'm getting more workmen in this week, might be able to shoot their performance. Not very much in 'photographic mood' though.
Simply too much going on.

Builders don't move fast enough to count as performance!  :2funny: :P

Offline DigiDiva

What are you getting done Reinardina?

Offline Reinardina

What are you getting done Reinardina?

Ask me what I'm not having done and I'd answer you in half a sentence!

It started with this:

This was the most urgent replacement, and the work is now finished.

Other things on the programme: rewiring, new kitchen, replacement of a storage heater, a new immersion heater, new flooring, curtains, furniture and blinds.

I am collecting quotes to see what I can and cannot afford. The blinds could wait, and so can the immersion heater as I prefer to have showers, and only occasionally want a bath, but the rest is all old and decrepit.
And then of course some redecorating and painting, but I hope to be able to do a lot of that myself.

Offline DigiDiva

Good luck, its an expensive time

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
A very difficult theme me thinks.

Just think outside the box Chris there is plenty from any type of sport, motor cars and racing, street performers and buskers, animals, gym, anyone really performing something for someone else or bettering themselves, theatre, bill boards, sure that there is something in your area that will fit the bill. ;)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Well i was in Bath today and saw at least 6 different opportunities to take a performance picture, there were buskers on nearly every corner in the city center. :D

Offline Reinardina

On normal days, I usually have plenty of buskers, but I haven't been out much recently.
So I'm in with a totally different performance.

Jackel, I copied your question from the entry thread here:

phew - think I got it this time  ;) are there any FAQ's on posting and album creation?

When you upload a picture, there's a tiny question mark next to the 'Upload Image' caption. This tells you how to upload an image.
How to create albums: Gallery>My Profile>Create/Order My Albums>New Album

Just noticed your (Jack's) shot was taken at the Trojans Club, so two Soton entries in one competition! (Mine was taken at the Boat Show.)

Offline jackel

Reinardina - thanks for the help!
Was thinking of the boat show myself - high speed ribs etc- but saw your entry shot and, combined with the dreary sky's thought I would try something else. Found out it was eastleigh carnival on Saturday - after the event  :(

Offline Reinardina

Reinardina - thanks for the help!
Was thinking of the boat show myself - high speed ribs etc- but saw your entry shot and, combined with the dreary sky's thought I would try something else. Found out it was eastleigh carnival on Saturday - after the event  :(

Didn't know Eastleigh had a carnival!

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
V8 Performance:

A but lame, just a montage of bits of my old car. Fun working out the layers though. I didn't see anything this week that would be legal to photograph here in La Belle, and me trying to do things is more of a palaver than a performance  :uglystupid2:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Poor turn out for this weeks competition, perhaps the topic was not correct :(

Offline Reinardina

It's only Monday; people may still be working on them.
At least you've got a good variety of different types of performance!

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 47/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 124/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 175/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 225/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 64/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 272/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM