POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Author Topic: CHAT THREAD - SPACE - weekly comp: Saturday 12th to Sunday 20th July 2014.  (Read 2828 times)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
CHAT THREAD

This week's theme is SPACE.

Any interpretation of the theme will be accepted so long as your entry depicts space of one kind or another, green, open or even outer if you are lucky, the choice is yours.

No restrictions on Post Processing. I think this offers possibilities in all sorts of 'photo styles and does not restrict anyone wherever they are in the world.

We will try the new way and start the taking of pictures, if you like, as soon as this is posted and give it a try

Pictures to be taken between posting time on Saturday 12th July 2014 to 23:59 Sunday 20th July 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 21st July 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 22nd July 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 26th July. 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie date from which the new topic is set xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 11:27:04 PM by kerbside »

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline DigiDiva

A very interesting topic. Looking forwar to seeing the entries on this one
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Chris, just trying to stretch the imagination a bit, I think   :-\

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline Oldboy

Chris, just trying to stretch the imagination a bit, I think   :-\

You mean like spaced-out?  :D

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
That will do fine ;) :P

Offline Jediboy

I've just been out for an hour while my son was at beavers. Was looking for inspiration. There wasn't any. Maybe tomorrow?  ???
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Chris, if " the force is with you" then  Space, the final frontier, must be out there as well. :)

Offline DigiDiva

Been out on a 'space' jaunt. Took a few usable shots. Wish I coul master HDR

Offline jinky

What software you using Chris? HDR should not be too taxing. You want 3 shots minimum  +2, 0 and -2 stos or 5 shots 1 stop apart if your camera only allows that gap.

Offline Jediboy

Chris, if " the force is with you" then  Space, the final frontier, must be out there as well. :)

The Force is strong with this one Jeff.

Just not yesterday.  :'(
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline DigiDiva

What software you using Chris? HDR should not be too taxing. You want 3 shots minimum  +2, 0 and -2 stos or 5 shots 1 stop apart if your camera only allows that gap.

Im ok with taking the images - usually between 3 and 5 shots. I only have Photoshop CS3 so its pretty out of date. It has a 'merge to HDR' but when I see images like the one Jeff posted of the chinese food, I was in awe. Mine either looks totally fake with the 'halo' or just like a normal image.

My processor is too old, I can't download any up to date software and have to 'make do' with what I have. Even my little netbook is out of date now.

My son has a fab more up to date Mac for sale but I don't have the money to buy it with trying to set up my little business selling my prints.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Chris, TBH that was one shot processed with Photoshop to give the HDR effect. I suppose true HDR is done with 3 or 5 pics but you can process just 1 picture if you have the software.

Offline DigiDiva

Well I was very impressed with the effect and rather jealous!

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
Think that there may be a big space in this competition :(
I set this and had no idea of what to take a picture of so this is basically a snap shot as i have no more time to waste on this and TBH had i not set the theme i would not of entered.
As said a snapshot, think i will take pictures as i wish in the future and IF they come close to the remit i will enter it otherwise weekly competitions may be out of the question for me during the summer as work is manic.

I have contacted Reinardina and she is going to do the poll for this as i am away with very limited internet.

Space for one more

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Think that there may be a big space in this competition :(
I set this and had no idea of what to take a picture of so this is basically a snap shot as i have no more time to waste on this and TBH had i not set the theme i would not of entered.
As said a snapshot, think i will take pictures as i wish in the future and IF they come close to the remit i will enter it otherwise weekly competitions may be out of the question for me during the summer as work is manic.

I have contacted Reinardina and she is going to do the poll for this as i am away with very limited internet.

Don't think I have an entry this week. Have taken some general shots, but they're still in the camera.

I normally do not go out specifically to take a shot for a competition; but I do keep it in mind when I am out, and often find something to fit the bill.

This week I have been totally engulfed by other things, and the coming week is rather full too.

But I will set the poll on Tuesday.

Enjoy yourself Jeff! Must be relaxing with only limited internet!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 44/0 Hinfrance Last post August 11, 2020, 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 123/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 174/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 220/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 61/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 22/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 271/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM