Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: John Lewis: Top Class!  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
John Lewis: Top Class!
« on: July 09, 2014, 05:38:39 PM »
Some of you will know, I have had endless problems with my Lenovo laptop that I received for Christmas 2012.

When the same major fault occurred again within twelve months, I wrote a letter to the 'head of branch' of the local store.
Listing all the faults I could remember (a good series of bullet points), my frustration, disappointment and unhappiness, as we never had bought something from them, that did not live up to expectation, in short, sadness mixed with a good dollop of (well deserved) praise.

I blatantly begged for a 'gesture' towards a new laptop.

Within a couple of days, I got a phone call and they offered me £200 towards a new laptop. When I went to the store to discuss it, I was told that if I did not want to keep the Lenovo, I'd get £400 for that, on top of the already offered £200. I simply could not believe it!

I had 'fallen' for a £600 Toshiba, which was a bit too heavy to take on holiday, so I considered buying a netbook for travel, but it was just before I went away, and I could not immediately make up my mind. I was told, I could take my old, repaired laptop to Holland, and return it when I was back. They would reserve the Toshiba for me till then.

I am now working on my brand new laptop, that I could just take away, without money changing hands. And the netbook I wanted, had just been reduced to £199! On top of the amazing service, a good bargain too.

How is that for customer care?  I know they always come top of the class, but this is way beyond my expectations. (The Lenovo only cost about £450)

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline jinky

Re: John Lewis: Top Class!
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:29 PM »
Well done Reinardina. John Lewis might be expensive at times but I have always found their customer service second to none. deserve it for your perseverance.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 06:15:24 PM »
Thats a score then reinardina, glad you have it all sorted. :)

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Jediboy

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:02:38 PM »
I like to buy from John Lewis if I can because you get that peace of mind. And often they are fairly cheap. I've had a few issues with items purchased there, but on every occasion they have come up trumps (needed a little gentle persuasion once though!)

Glad you've got your laptop sorted R.  ;)
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 07:28:50 PM »
I don't think John Lewis are expensive. They tend to go for quality and the better brands, which will always cost more than cheaper versions.
And you know: never knowingly undersold!
I once had money back, because I found something I bought there, cheaper in another shop.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:25:59 PM »
Well done Reinardina. I have a Toshiba and it works a treat.  :tup:

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
I always had Toshibas in the past. When I bought the Lenovo, I was torn between a Toshiba with a larger screen, or a Lenovo with a faster processor.
I let myself be persuaded to go for the faster processor, a fact I, of course, pointed out in my letter.

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 07:41:57 PM »
I always had Toshibas in the past. When I bought the Lenovo, I was torn between a Toshiba with a larger screen, or a Lenovo with a faster processor.
I let myself be persuaded to go for the faster processor, a fact I, of course, pointed out in my letter.

I've always recommended Toshiba laptops for Windows users for one simple reason - they work and for the most part are extremely reliable.

They are never normally the state of the art machines, and they are never normally the cheapest machines, but they just seem to be like Ford Cars - they don't get old, they just get better  :tup:

They behave in a solid fashion and have very few issues with updates - and I think that's the requirement for most people...

Glad you got your problem sorted out - as for 'they who should not be mentioned' - never again will they darken my doors
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 203/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 75/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 233/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636056/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 56/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 195/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 235/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM