Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons PollHorizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......Nice houseHappiness is.... Entry Th...Happiness is.... Chat Thr...

Author Topic: Losing the plot  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
  • Starting from the beginning again...
    • ndrewbrown
    • Andrew Brown's Photography
Losing the plot
« on: May 19, 2014, 10:57:17 AM »
So, Thursday I finally got the picture for the Rubbish weekly competition only to discover I was about 2 weeks too late!

I know I'm studying with the OU, but it's only part time.

I'm only 50, should I really be losing track of time so easily already?  ???

1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: Losing the plot
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2014, 12:56:19 PM »
So, Thursday I finally got the picture for the Rubbish weekly competition only to discover I was about 2 weeks too late!

That's worrying Andrew. Maybe you simply have too much on, and/or you need a secretary.
If this doesn't work, speak to your GP.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2014, 07:31:49 PM »

If it was a rubbish shot then, don't worry it wouldn't have won!  :P

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
    • ndrewbrown
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2014, 08:00:04 PM »

That's worrying Andrew. Maybe you simply have too much on, and/or you need a secretary.

I was tested last year for Alzhiemers & Dementia and passed with flying colours - i think  ::)
As for the picture, a picture won the comp - so i saved myself some band width. Now i need to catch up with this weeks theme  :tup:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 08:57:21 PM »

I was tested last year for Alzhiemers & Dementia and passed with flying colours - i think  ::)
As for the picture, a picture won the comp - so i saved myself some band width. Now i need to catch up with this weeks theme  :tup:

Gosh, you were tested at a young age!

This week's theme is Nostalgia by the way and not Circles.

If you happened to have shot any circles in the last week, you have just enough time to post the shot, before tomorrow's  poll is set.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »
I often loose the track of time too......seriously, keep your eye on it, and a diary of times you have 'moments' as a record for your doctor. Im going to see my doc soon ifsimilar things continue like that with me. I forget easily, put things in the wrong places etc.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 07:37:03 AM »
I often loose the track of time too......seriously, keep your eye on it, and a diary of times you have 'moments' as a record for your doctor. Im going to see my doc soon ifsimilar things continue like that with me. I forget easily, put things in the wrong places etc.

That sounds really worrying Chris! Hope it turns out to be something simple, like lack of sleep. Best of luck.

Offline DigiDiva

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 08:48:58 AM »
I have a very complex, stressful job and deal with angry, resentful clients all day long. I resolve high level complaints for a government department and really need a good memory and good organisation skills. Im loosing these skills now however with my memory problems and Im beginning to struggling. I have to keep little post it notes all over my desk and my mind often goes totally blank whilst I am in the middle of a task. I put a lot of it down to stress because my memory problems are at their worst when im highly stressed at work or have had a client screaming and swearing at me down the phone. I have very difficult conversations with clients on a daily basis and it can leave me drained by the end of the day. My photography is my release from this stress.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
    • ndrewbrown
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 05:31:57 PM »

My symptoms are supposedly a side effect of my mental health condition.

My diary for that is making a note of when i take my shoes off and put them in the fridge whilst putting the milk away in the bathroom and then putting bleach onto my toothbrush.
TBH, I find it all rather funny - if I didn't, I think I'd go mad   ;)

And this weeks topic is nostalgia - I'll try and make a note  :tup:

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 06:39:42 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  :-[

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 07:22:31 PM »
Have I had my tea?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Andrew

• Andrew
    • ndrewbrown
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »

Thank you, but I'm ok with it. I get a bit frustrated some times when I get a pic for a competition that ended 2 weeks prior  :uglystupid2: but smile at the rest.
It makes me laugh as well - why not. I've spent my life laughing that the various sketches and sitcoms that have championed similar things, it would seem rude not to laugh now its me doing it.

It's allowing me to enjoy life more, and take stock of all I've achieved in my life, against all the odds.
I've spent a life time driving trains over most of England, I've watched a Space Shuttle launch, travelled on a submarine below water, scuba dived with a variety of aquatic life in some amazing places, driven through a hurricane on the Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys and get to stay at the World Trade Centre before some muppets demolished them.
I have 2 amazing daughters and 3 grand children, 1 of whom is a product of the late Elana Baltacha's tennic academy.

As i said to some one the other day, when discussing the demise of that teenager who done so much good in such a few years, the only thing I could put on a bucket list is to go into Space. I've achieved and seen so much that asking for anything else would just be me being greedy.

I now spend my time studying for a degree on philosophy which is quite ironic in itself. At the end of it, I will have ticked another box in the list of achievements, or gained qualifications for work... If I can just find a way to get this weeks comp entry done and submitted for this week - I will be on a winner (subject to votes of course  ;) )

Offline Reinardina

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2014, 03:02:03 PM »

Thank you, but I'm ok with it. I get a bit frustrated some times when I get a pic for a competition that ended 2 weeks prior  :uglystupid2: but smile at the rest.
It makes me laugh as well - why not. I've spent my life laughing that the various sketches and sitcoms that have championed similar things, it would seem rude not to laugh now its me doing it.

It's allowing me to enjoy life more, and take stock of all I've achieved in my life, against all the odds.
I've spent a life time driving trains over most of England, I've watched a Space Shuttle launch, travelled on a submarine below water, scuba dived with a variety of aquatic life in some amazing places, driven through a hurricane on the Seven Mile Bridge in the Florida Keys and get to stay at the World Trade Centre before some muppets demolished them.
I have 2 amazing daughters and 3 grand children, 1 of whom is a product of the late Elana Baltacha's tennic academy.

As i said to some one the other day, when discussing the demise of that teenager who done so much good in such a few years, the only thing I could put on a bucket list is to go into Space. I've achieved and seen so much that asking for anything else would just be me being greedy.

I now spend my time studying for a degree on philosophy which is quite ironic in itself. At the end of it, I will have ticked another box in the list of achievements, or gained qualifications for work... If I can just find a way to get this weeks comp entry done and submitted for this week - I will be on a winner (subject to votes of course  ;) )

Good for you Andrew. Keep smiling and the world will smile with you. Don't let it get you down.

I have my own problems with my sight, which can be frightening, like not seeing a (single decker) bus, when I wanted to cross the road. I heard it coming thank goodness. I now scan roads at least three times before I step off the pavement, and use pedestrian crossings if they're there.

It can also be funny, as my blind spots blank out letters in words; here too I have to scan everything three times before I 'see' it.

Couple of days ago it said in the paper that 'Cheese fled Vietnam.' Of course, after renewed scanning, it said 'Chinese fled Vietnam.'
I just missed the 'in,' and my brain automatically 'corrected' the word that was left, from 'Chese' to 'Cheese.'

This was just a silly thing, but sometimes I 'read' hilarious things, which really make me laugh.

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2014, 07:50:06 PM »

:tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline Cabbyjohn

• CC Regular visitor
    • cabbyjohn483
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/cabbyjohn483/
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Slightly off topic. Before I retired I drove a black cab in Manchester, which at times could be very stressful. One particularly stressful day I was really screwed up when a man from the University got into my cab. I recognised him immediately from his many TV appearances as Professor Cary Cooper, an American and one of the worlds leading authorities on stress in the work place. "You're the expert on stress, have you ever thought about doing an analysis on stress for taxi drivers" I asked? "Don't you talk to me about stress" He stated firmly. "I have been a Manchester City season ticket holder for the past 17 years." Now THAT'S stress".  This made me laugh and broke my tension. It was the perfect answer.  He went on to tell me that when he moved to Manchester he went to a football match and fell in love with the game. He had been a season ticket holder ever since.   (You would have to be a Man City fan to appreciate the joke fully.)  ;D

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 203/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 74/0 jinky Last post August 04, 2020, 10:13:43 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 233/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM
xx What annoyed you today? General Discussion 636053/3972 Jediboy Last post August 03, 2020, 02:13:31 PM
question STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 56/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:09:00 PM
smiley STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 41/0 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 04:05:33 PM
xx POLL for TIME OUT International Weekly Comp Entries 195/3 Hinfrance Last post August 01, 2020, 01:04:50 PM
xx TIME OUT. Chat thread weekly comp. International Weekly Comp Entries 235/4 Jediboy Last post July 27, 2020, 11:31:15 PM