• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 158
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
  • Baidu
7ds
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

Chat: Weekly Competition - Squares - Mon 11/5 to Sun 17/5

Started by guy1970, May 09, 2009, 09:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guy1970

The subject for this weeks comp is .....

Squares

Anything that is Square in shape.....Windows, Doors, Chequerd flags, Dice.....

Rules

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 11th May to 23.59pm Sunday 17th May
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 18th May
Poll will be up Tuesday 19th May till 23.59pm Friday 22nd May
Winner to be announced Saturday 23rd May (winner should post his topic no later than 23.59 Sunday 24th May)

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
post a topic on the sunday following your declared win
create an entries thread
create a chat thread
create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie sunday xx to Monday xx

pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night

Poll to be created Tuesday to run till Friday, winner declared Saturday

Editing limits to be specified by the person choosing the competition subject, if nothing is mentioned then there is no limit to editing allowed.

Montage images should only contain images taken within specified dates

Please don't vote for your own entry

Everyone is welcome and comments and critique on the entries are also welcome

Instructions for posting entries

Posting your entries.  Please take a look here for Instructions
Guy

Hinfrance

I have to admit that I am finding this one a bit conceptually difficult - haven't even come up with a 'do-able' idea yet, let alone get around to taking a picture.

It's amazing how many things I thought were square actually aren't when looked at critically.

Hmmph.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oRGie

I better get mine done and in soon before you come up with the same idea  :)

Hinfrance

I've got an idea now.

I'll wait for you to post yours and then copy it.  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

oRGie

Lmao  :beer:

now decisions decisions, I have been doing this long enough to have learnt to take 1 photo and go with it rather than take a load and fuss over which to enter :)

decided on a bit of colour, although I do like the black and white version too lol :)

Hinfrance

Damn! I think the cat ate the chess set.

Back to the drawing board. :legit:
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

irv_b

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

oRGie

jimthetrain

I knew I should have done my picture before work the other day.  :doh: Have to think of something else now.

Edit:- Posting this quick before some one else thinks of it lol.

jim
BOOZE!!! Helping ugly people have sex.

guy1970

Guy

Hinfrance

Finally managed to get an entry done. No great shakes, but never mind, eh?
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

irv_b

couldn't find anything else so I'm in with this

good luck all
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

moonlustie

Well I've posted my first entry - I have not long finished a 15 hour day  :o  :-\, so couldn't even begin to think about how to post a pic here, so just put a sized copy on photobucket.  This original is larger but again too tired to work out how to link to it ... the couple of glasses of wine don't help LOL!  :beer:  :doh:  good luck all!

Hinfrance

Quote from: moonlustie on May 17, 2009, 11:28:03 PM
... the couple of glasses of wine don't help LOL! 

Sorry, you've completely lost me there. In my experience a couple of glasses of wine ALWAYS help!  :D
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr

moonlustie

Are you saying my photoshopping ability has vastly improved due to the wine  :2funny:

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.