POLL - Song Title HeronSong Title CHAT thread 1s...Song Title ENTRY thread 1...Poll - Days out - 18th-25...Windows 10 19H1 is headin...POLL - SchoolSchool - Weekly Comp Entr...SCHOOL - Weekly comp Chat...Entry Thread - Days out -...POLL - DoorwaysChat Thread - Days out - ...1957 Ferrari California 2...Doorways - Entry Thread w...Anything Goes Poll 4-11th...Anything Goes - Chat Thre...

Author Topic: lcd screen  (Read 999 times)

Offline irv_b

lcd screen
« on: May 09, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »
I am using a Nikon D70 and because of the small screen about 1.25" I often have problems seeing if the shot is sharp enough  even when zoomed in .There is a video out point, on the camera and I was wondering if it was worth get a small cheap portable dvd player, (or some such like thing) to connect to it just to check the shot. Has anyone come across such problems and found a solution
Cheers Irv

My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
Re: lcd screen
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 04:17:33 PM »
I agree that it can be hard to work out whether a shot is really sharp enough using the camera's screen.

I'm not sure that a still smallish screen on a portable DVD player would add very much. It would be interesting the hear what everyone else has to say on the matter.

I don't think there is a solution short of carting a laptop with a nice big screen around with you. Where's you dedication now eh Irv?  ;D What I do is try to take loads of shots and bin most of them when I get back to the PC. Often the camera screen is nigh on impossible to see in bright light anyway.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline Mick

• I've got the latest Canon - 4 rings, double oven and eye level grill! And HD video!
  • Administrator
  • I really, really hate lawn mowers.
    • Camera Craniums
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:03:18 PM »

What I do is try to take loads of shots and bin most of them when I get back to the PC.

I was going to say that, then I thought.  Nope I'm not going to give the anti Canon guys any ammo.  :D

So I didn't say it.  :doh:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.0.13 / Tinyportal 1.2R

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »
I had the same experience with the D70 and had many pics to delete when viewed full size on my laptop screen.
portable DVD players might be cumbersome to carry round unless you look at a tablet version and seem to be battery hungry.
i would look in the direction of portable photo frames still battery hungry but a bit more portable, you may be able to connect via usb ( don't know if they have video in function)and view your pics as slideshows. Even this set up would have some plugging and unplugging involved. i have just upgraded to the Nikon D80 and on my wish list was a larger LCD which allows me to clearly check for accurate focusing, and this is now making a massive difference to my end results.
i bought the D80 from cameraworld for £420, they are now selling some refurbished for £399.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 06:17:20 PM by Trickee »

Offline irv_b

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2009, 06:25:32 PM »
Thanks for the input guys I guess its a case of carrying on as it is then. I cant really justify/afford upgrading the camera yet (2010 hopefully) so I guess I'll have to keep on deleting the duff ones
Cheers Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Offline Trickee

• Mysite
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
the below is a response on dpreview to someone else posing the same question as yours.

Your camera has a direct video output that will plug into a TV set that has video inputs. I have used this feature on TV sets in hotel rooms from time to time. If you are talking about one of those little DVD players that has an LCD screen and looks kind of like a laptop, then it probably has a direct video input that you could use for the purpose. I will warn you that the photos will be larger but only marginally better than the display on the camera. Don't expect the same results you would see on a computer screen.

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
xx POLL - Song Title International Weekly Comp Entries 167/3 Jediboy Last post September 15, 2019, 10:57:01 PM
xx Heron Wildlife Photography 86/3 jinky Last post September 15, 2019, 12:19:57 PM
xx Song Title CHAT thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 809/36 jinky Last post September 13, 2019, 03:02:01 PM
xx Song Title ENTRY thread 1st-8th September `19 International Weekly Comp Entries 154/4 Jediboy Last post September 09, 2019, 03:08:08 PM
xx Poll - Days out - 18th-25th August 2019 International Weekly Comp Entries 298/7 Hinfrance Last post September 08, 2019, 07:17:09 AM
xx Windows 10 19H1 is heading your way. PC computer questions, tips and how to's 2761/35 Mick Last post September 07, 2019, 02:45:08 PM
xx POLL - School International Weekly Comp Entries 82/0 Jediboy Last post September 03, 2019, 12:02:14 PM
xx School - Weekly Comp Entry thread International Weekly Comp Entries 199/4 Jediboy Last post September 02, 2019, 10:39:51 PM