• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,412
  • Total Topics: 5,705
  • Online today: 249
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 134
  • Total: 134
bhphotovideo
Temu £100 Coupon bundle o...Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning Resources

lcd screen

Started by irv_b, May 09, 2009, 01:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irv_b

I am using a Nikon D70 and because of the small screen about 1.25" I often have problems seeing if the shot is sharp enough  even when zoomed in .There is a video out point, on the camera and I was wondering if it was worth get a small cheap portable dvd player, (or some such like thing) to connect to it just to check the shot. Has anyone come across such problems and found a solution
Cheers Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Hinfrance

I agree that it can be hard to work out whether a shot is really sharp enough using the camera's screen.

I'm not sure that a still smallish screen on a portable DVD player would add very much. It would be interesting the hear what everyone else has to say on the matter.

I don't think there is a solution short of carting a laptop with a nice big screen around with you. Where's you dedication now eh Irv?  ;D What I do is try to take loads of shots and bin most of them when I get back to the PC. Often the camera screen is nigh on impossible to see in bright light anyway.

Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Mick

Quote from: Tringle WP on May 09, 2009, 04:17:33 PM

What I do is try to take loads of shots and bin most of them when I get back to the PC.

I was going to say that, then I thought.  Nope I'm not going to give the anti Canon guys any ammo.  :D

So I didn't say it.  :doh:
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

My Gallery
Tinyportal.net Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
Guitarist Guild Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0
The Garden Machinery Forum Running SMF 2.1.4 / Tinyportal 3.0.0

OpenSea

Trickee

I had the same experience with the D70 and had many pics to delete when viewed full size on my laptop screen.
portable DVD players might be cumbersome to carry round unless you look at a tablet version and seem to be battery hungry.
i would look in the direction of portable photo frames still battery hungry but a bit more portable, you may be able to connect via usb ( don't know if they have video in function)and view your pics as slideshows. Even this set up would have some plugging and unplugging involved. i have just upgraded to the Nikon D80 and on my wish list was a larger LCD which allows me to clearly check for accurate focusing, and this is now making a massive difference to my end results.
i bought the D80 from cameraworld for £420, they are now selling some refurbished for £399.

irv_b

Thanks for the input guys I guess its a case of carrying on as it is then. I cant really justify/afford upgrading the camera yet (2010 hopefully) so I guess I'll have to keep on deleting the duff ones
Cheers Irv
My Gallery

Don't count the days "Guest," make the days count!.

Trickee

the below is a response on dpreview to someone else posing the same question as yours.

Your camera has a direct video output that will plug into a TV set that has video inputs. I have used this feature on TV sets in hotel rooms from time to time. If you are talking about one of those little DVD players that has an LCD screen and looks kind of like a laptop, then it probably has a direct video input that you could use for the purpose. I will warn you that the photos will be larger but only marginally better than the display on the camera. Don't expect the same results you would see on a computer screen.

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.