• Welcome to Camera Craniums: The Photography Community for Enthusiasts.

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 62,411
  • Total Topics: 5,704
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 856 (January 21, 2020, 09:07:00 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 58
parkcameras
Amazon Spring Deal: SanDi...🌸🌼 Get Ready to Blossom w...Marantz Professional MPM-...Google Pixel 7a and Pixel...JasmineSanDisk Ultra 64GB USB Fl...SanDisk 512GB Extreme PRO...GiaDo You Shoot Photos With ...Which eye do you use with...SanDisk 256GB Extreme PRO...Duracell Plus Alkaline 1....RØDE VideoMicro Compact O...I must be one of the rare...Learning ResourcesPhotography and Time of D...

CHAT: Things that move - Jan 20 - 26, 2014.

Started by spikeyjen, January 18, 2014, 06:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spikeyjen

This week's theme  is "Things that move"

Any interpretation of the theme. No restrictions on Post Processing.

Pictures to be taken between 00.01am Monday 20th January to 23:59 Sunday 26th January, 2014.
Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59pm Monday 27 January 2014.
Poll will be up Tuesday 28th January, 2014.
Winner to be announced Saturday 1st Feb, 2014.

The Rules for the weekly competition are...

By entering you agree to take responsibility to
Post a topic on the Sunday following your declared win
Create an entries thread
Create a chat thread
Create a poll for that weeks comp and declare the winner on the Saturday
(if for any reason there is a problem and no subject is posted by the winner by Monday night admin will advise second place winner to post the topic asap, do the poll etc.)

In case of a tie, the first entry posted wins.

Photos to be taken during the specified dates, ie Monday xx to Sunday xx

Pictures to be posted in the entries thread no later than 23.59 Monday night.

Andrew

I feel a 'selfie' coming up for this one - a picture of me 'actually' moving  :tup:

Though do have a few other ideas... Less unpleasant for people to look at  :doh:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!
(I lied, just got a second lens!)

Oldboy

Quote from: Andrew on January 18, 2014, 02:55:33 PM
I feel a 'selfie' coming up for this one - a picture of me 'actually' moving  :tup:

Is that time lapse photography?  :o :P :legit:

DigiDiva

Quote from: Oldboy on January 18, 2014, 06:14:13 PM

Your post has just given me an idea!
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

Reinardina

Quote from: DigiDiva on January 19, 2014, 10:49:49 AM
Quote from: Oldboy on January 18, 2014, 06:14:13 PM

Your post has just given me an idea!

I always knew OB is a Dangerous Duck!

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

DigiDiva

The weather may steal my idea off me, but we will see. It can't rain all week! I'm enjoying my photography lots right now, especially because I have some new equipment to try and new techniques to play with. I'm hoping to be able to use my extension tubes for my 'Things That Move' image as I have only tinkered with them, not used them yet for an image. They were a gift from my children for Christmas.
Please visit my website @ www.sunderlandwallart.com

SimonW

DigiDiva, It seems to have been raining for months and I wouldn't bet on it stopping.

I'm aware I've missed a few comps so I've got in early an early one this time. I liked the reflections, but they didn't work as well as I hoped.

Simon
Simon Warren
(in Dunning, Scotland)

Reinardina

Suddenly realise it has to be 'things' that move. Was subconsciously thinking of people or animals.

spikeyjen

"Things" can be people or animals too... it's open to interpretation

Reinardina

Shot several 'moving' things this week (Cross Roads was one of the contenders), but I am in with this 'Cyclist at Speed,'

The Cyclist

spikeyjen

very nice R, well spotted and executed.
I finally go my 'train' photo today, one I had been planning on for a while. Will upload tomorrow.

Jediboy

Quote from: Reinardina on January 24, 2014, 10:57:28 AM
Shot several 'moving' things this week (Cross Roads was one of the contenders), but I am in with this 'Cyclist at Speed,'

The Cyclist

Like it. Good work.
May the Force be with you.

Chris

Andrew

Quote from: spikeyjen on January 24, 2014, 11:29:21 AM
I finally go my 'train' photo today, one I had been planning on for a while. Will upload tomorrow.

oh no, not another 'train' shot! Was just checking this comp was still in date before i popped over the road to get my train shot - live opposite Ipswich Freight Yard and Railway Station.
A very busy place...

So, will just have to look for something else to photograph... Wonder if there are any snails out yet?   :2funny:
1 body, 1 lens, 1 flash gun, 1 tripod, 1 cable release & 1 filter. Keeping it simple!

Reinardina

Quote from: Jediboy on January 24, 2014, 12:18:56 PM

The Cyclist

Like it. Good work.

Thanks Jediboy. Apart from the 'Cross Roads,' I had the 'wet dog' (Shake) in mind, but in the end preferred the powerful graffiti, with the almost wispy cyclist.

Quote from: Andrew on January 24, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

oh no, not another 'train' shot! Was just checking this comp was still in date before i popped over the road to get my train shot - live opposite Ipswich Freight Yard and Railway Station.
A very busy place...

So, will just have to look for something else to photograph... Wonder if there are any snails out yet?   :2funny:

Would be nice to compare Ozzie and British trains.

Andrew

Quote from: Reinardina on January 24, 2014, 03:22:41 PM
Quote from: Jediboy on January 24, 2014, 12:18:56 PM

The Cyclist

Like it. Good work.

Thanks Jediboy. Apart from the 'Cross Roads,' I had the 'wet dog' (Shake) in mind, but in the end preferred the powerful graffiti, with the almost wispy cyclist.

Quote from: Andrew on January 24, 2014, 02:01:48 PM

A very busy place...

Would be nice to compare Ozzie and British trains.

There is that option -  though in the UK, we tend to have high speed trams as opposed to trains, featureless alluminium boxes on wheels with irritating passenger announcements.
I'm just seeing if a can find a police officer who is issuing a ticket for loitering with intent (to move!) :idea:
Or a speed camera in use - it doesn't move, but it records things that do  :-X

Camera Craniums is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on Amazon.