POLL for STREETSTREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1...STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Com...Horizons PollREFLECTIONS - Chat Threa...REFLECTIONS - Entry threa...Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4...Horizons ENTRIES 27/07...What annoyed you today?POLL for TIME OUTTIME OUT. Chat thread wee...TIME OUT. Entry thread w...Horizons CHAT thread 2...POLL -NUMBERS and / or LE...NUMBERS and / or LETTERS ...POLL Happiness is.......

Poll

Please vote for your favorite picture

From Inside the Fridge

6 (37.5%)
The Ghost of Antler Man

3 (18.8%)
Mango Hedgehog

5 (31.3%)
Shop to Yard

0 (0%)
Uneasy Listening

2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 21, 2013, 09:01:31 AM

Author Topic: POLL - Inside Out - Wkly Comp 9th - 15th December 2013  (Read 2264 times)

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
POLL - Inside Out - Wkly Comp 9th - 15th December 2013
« on: December 17, 2013, 09:01:31 AM »
Please vote for your favourite Picture

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.
http://www.fluidr.com/photos/kerbside

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
Re: POLL - Inside Out - Wkly Comp 9th - 15th December 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 08:47:54 AM »
I'll have to go off line, before the voting officially closes.

Can I risk it, and congratulate Jeff on another win? Or will someone give hedgehog that last minute extra push, to place him on an equal footing?
In which case Jeff as 'first entrant' will win anyway.

Tempting fate? Are there maybe two late voters willing hedgehog to win the race?

Anyway, congratulations to the winner, and thank you to those who voted for my poor shopper, staring out of the first floor window of my local Sainsbury's café.

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2013, 09:52:42 AM »
Well done kerbside.  :tup:

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2013, 10:13:58 AM »
Thanks to all that voted for me, must admit I thought that the hedgehog was going to win, great shot.

As said away for CHristmas HOlidays today but I will put a new topic up later.

Wishing all on here a Happy Holiday, drink eat and be merry.

Jeff

You have to be in to win but winning is not everything, it's participating that counts.

Offline jinky

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 01:14:01 PM »
Well done again Jeff. Must admit my vote went to the subtly understated H for his inside out t-shirt and headphones with quirky title but your shot from inside the fridge deserved it - if only for your impressive ability to climb in there to take the shot   ;)
Thanks for votes for mine folks but I am afraid it was a bit of a last minute standard for me so did not merit a win.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
  • Cake is good
    • Hinfrance
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2013, 01:28:12 PM »
Congratulations Jeff, and well done jinky for spotting that the headphones had the speakers pointing outwards - the only pair of headphones I've got where the ear pieces will turn all the way around the wrong way.

Jeff, and everyone else, given that it is going to be Christmas next week (attempts to stifle excitement) how about running the next challenge over two weeks rather than one? Just a thought.
Howard  My CC Gallery
My Flickr
The theory seems to be that as long as a man is a failure he is one of God's children, but that as soon as he succeeds he is taken over by the Devil. H.L Mencken.

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 01:34:33 PM »
i can go along with a challenge over 2 weeks, it makes sense being as we are all, or most prob all, up tp our eyes with god knows what.

If i get no objections i will set the dates accordingly.

My vote went to the hedgehog.

Jinky, Jan was not too please to find a hole cut into the back of the fridge but as i told her, sometimes you have to sacrifice things for that picture. ;) :tup: Hole now covered up. ::)

will post new topic later tonight, think it will bw quite simple and hopefully IF it is over 2 weeks we will get more entries.

Offline Beaux Reflets

• Global Moderator
  • Commonsense answers a whole load of the unanswered
    • Beaux Reflets
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 03:35:32 PM »
Congratulations on the win Jeff
:beer: Andy

"Light anchors things in place and gives perspective meaning."

The choices we make are rooted in reflection.

http://beauxreflets.blogspot.com/

Offline Reinardina

• Still trying to master photography.
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 03:55:59 PM »
Last year, or was it two years ago? Or maybe even three? We had a 'picture of the year' type of 'competition.'

I cannot remember whether they were the winners of the weekly competitions, or the IOTWs that battled it out, but I've got a vague recollection of entering a shot of your won choice plus the compulsory 'winner.'

We ended up with a re-vote as two images had the same number of votes and both images ended on an equal footing again, so we had two 'Images of the Year,' featuring in the IOTW slot.

Does this stir any memories? If so, is it worthwhile doing it again? And does anyone know how/what we did exactly?

Beauty is bought by judgment of the eye.
Shakespeare. (Love's Labours Lost.)

Offline Oldboy

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

Jinky, Jan was not too please to find a hole cut into the back of the fridge but as i told her, sometimes you have to sacrifice things for that picture. ;) :tup: Hole now covered up. ::)

Didn't need to do that, could have set camera on remote timer!  :uglystupid2: :P :legit:

Offline kerbside

• kerbside
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 09:29:04 PM »

Didn't need to do that, could have set camera on remote timer!  :uglystupid2: :P :legit:

No kidding  ;)

Offline jinky

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 10:02:08 AM »

No kidding  ;)

Bet you feel daft now Jeff :D

latest Posts

Subject Board Views/Replies Member Date & Time
question POLL for STREET International Weekly Comp Entries 39/0 Hinfrance Last post Today at 08:10:27 AM
xx STREET-CHAT-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 120/3 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:59:38 PM
xx STREET-ENTRIES-Weekly Comp 1/8-9/8/2020 International Weekly Comp Entries 173/4 Jediboy Last post August 10, 2020, 06:57:54 PM
xx Horizons Poll International Weekly Comp Entries 217/4 anglefire Last post August 09, 2020, 04:51:11 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Chat Thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 60/2 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:31:50 PM
xx REFLECTIONS - Entry thread, Weekly Comp - 08/08/20 - 16/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 20/0 Jediboy Last post August 09, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
xx Canon EF L IS USM 500 f/4 for sale Lenses 269/6 anglefire Last post August 05, 2020, 07:48:42 AM
xx Horizons ENTRIES 27/07 - 02/08/20 International Weekly Comp Entries 268/5 Oldboy Last post August 03, 2020, 10:25:12 PM